Singapore Expats

About Social Visit Pass Extension

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ochard

About Social Visit Pass Extension

Post by ochard » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:06 am

After I cancelled my student pass, I get a social visit pass until 30 Nov. Now, my school ask me to take a supplementary test on 5 Dec. So, I am going to appy for an extend of social visit pass. But, the problem is that many people say that the social visit pass got from cancelled the Student Pass cannot get any further extension. Is it true ? Anyone pls give me some advices to solve this issue.

Thanks

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 5:01 pm

Talk to ICA. They are the only ones who can tell you for sure. Everything else would be speculation and you do not want to make your decision based on guesses.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 5:28 pm

I believe you normally get a 14 day visa after giving up your student visa. You are allowed to extend it one time for an additional 14 days. Or at least that's what my accounting exec says (he was also a foreign local graduate). He had to extend once in order for our processing to finish. After that you would need to leave the country and come back with a new relevant visa.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ochard

Post by ochard » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 7:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe you normally get a 14 day visa after giving up your student visa. You are allowed to extend it one time for an additional 14 days. Or at least that's what my accounting exec says (he was also a foreign local graduate). He had to extend once in order for our processing to finish. After that you would need to leave the country and come back with a new relevant visa.

sms
You mean that after we cancelled the student pass and get a social visit pass, this visit pass can be extended one more time ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:17 pm

That's what my Accounting executive tells me. He was on a Students Visa, and was allowed to extend his SVP (after canceling his SV) one time for an additional 14 days. After that, he would have had to leave the country as he would not be allowed to extend it again.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ochard

Post by ochard » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 1:42 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's what my Accounting executive tells me. He was on a Students Visa, and was allowed to extend his SVP (after canceling his SV) one time for an additional 14 days. After that, he would have had to leave the country as he would not be allowed to extend it again.

I will try to tell ICA about the case. Thanks sundaymorningstaple. I see ur post at 11 pm. U r working so hard :D

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 4:33 pm

I just remembered, when my student pass expired back then I just went to JB for shopping and came back in the evening on a normal social visit pass. So theoretically one should be able to extend that one or make a visa run to JB worst case.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

ochard

Post by ochard » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 8:51 pm

econoMIC wrote:I just remembered, when my student pass expired back then I just went to JB for shopping and came back in the evening on a normal social visit pass. So theoretically one should be able to extend that one or make a visa run to JB worst case.
I am afraid that officers will consider it as a U-turn.

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 4:43 pm

ochard wrote:
econoMIC wrote:I just remembered, when my student pass expired back then I just went to JB for shopping and came back in the evening on a normal social visit pass. So theoretically one should be able to extend that one or make a visa run to JB worst case.
I am afraid that officers will consider it as a U-turn.
Well as mentioned it worked for me last time and I got 90 days when I came back in.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

ochard

Post by ochard » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 5:42 pm

I came to ICA in the morning. The staff in the information counter told me that my SVP cannot be extended. Any way that I can meet the ICA officer directly to tell them about the case ?

I see interview rooms located at ICA. Can individual like me book interview appoitment with them ?