Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:53 pm

yah yah yah!!! BONES!! that will never happen to me i guess. LOL. been fat for life.

i guess ah, i guess only la, my tummy will take out about max 2.5L and arms area 1L so total 3.5L. Guess he can do it? more than 4L he also do before already!!!

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 7:17 pm

To those who had double eyelids done.

During recovery period, do you all have little bumps along on the "line" which Dr stitched up?
I realised I had a few bumps on 5th day and I did ask Dr Nara whether it's keloids but he said they're not.

Just now met a gf for coffee, she's sitting opp me and ask me what are those little bumps.
I guess it's quite obvious, even when i open my eyes also can see a bit of them.

Can anyone advise?
I really praying hard they're not keloids. :oops:

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:36 pm

anyone going hatyai during 10-11 dec 09? Many thanks

eleventwenty

Post by eleventwenty » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:27 am

anyone has experience in lips reduction? Cuz i m planning to do it next year...and is it better to do at yanhee?
Last edited by eleventwenty on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular

Post by perfectcut22 » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 4:46 am

aadvark wrote:
perfectcut22 wrote:Aadvark, my chin seems alittle bit slanted to the right. Is it because of the swell or??? I didnt knock onto anything and i sleep straight up. I am day 11 post op. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm, daybreakk and i also felt ours a bit slanted, but it gets less obvious as it heals, think daybreakk went to nara to get it revised in the end, dun think he was charged
aadvark, that day i told you my chin slanted to the right, then after that slanted to the left. Today looks centre!!! I think i siao le!!!

But how come i can't see that my chin is sharp yet? Is it that i am still swollen? I am day 18 post op le. My chin is still painful and tight. Help me!!!!!!!!

changeinme

my experience at nara

Post by changeinme » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 2:32 pm

hi all, i've been a silent reader for ages and i've been reading your comments regarding the surgeons. i just returned from hat yai with my brother and mom. i had dbl eyelid surgery and epi performed whilst my brother only had dbl eyelids done. just thought i'd provide my 2 cents and share my experience with you guys.

upon walking into the clinic our first impression was horrific but i put it off since we as singaporeans may just used to a different clinical environment. the nurses were in scrubs walking in and out of the surgery room and onto the main street on the clinic to get lunch and such. i found that rather amusing since it truly defeats the purpose of wearing one. my mom had a heart attack when she saw one of the nurses/helpers drop a pile of gauzes on the ground, picked it up and put it on the desk. when i entered the consultation room and saw nara, few words were exchanged and he just kept pinching my upper eyelid fat haha. he asked me how i'd like my results and i told him well for starters bigger eyes and that i trust his facial aesthetic judgement.

we booked it in for the following day and my brother the day after. got a call later in the evening asking us to head down as they've gotten a cancellation and could move our surgeries up. i went under the knife that night. the anesthesia injection hurts a little (my brother said his didn't hurt a bit even and he was surprised since he was waiting for it) i gather it might've been a more experienced nurse who did his. the surgery began with what felt like him marking my eyelids and brow bones as a guide to 'designing' my new lids.

i fell in and out of sleep a few times. when i finally woke up, the experience was somewhat of a nightmare to me. i kept praying for it to be over soon. the area around my coccyx bone was hurting like a bi*ch from lying in the same position for an extended period. it was unbelievably stuffy and warm, i could feel myself sweating like roast pig under the surgical lamp. i thought to myself, shouldn't a surgical room be cold of at least 18 degrees to prevent bacteria from breeding? i kept trying to adjust my position which was slightly limited since i was under the knife. nara and what seemed like 3 others were having a lighthearted conversation and laughing which also made me rather nervous. thought to myself u better be concentrating and really good at multi-tasking. i tried moving my legs out of the sheets in attempts to cool my legs down. it was a horrible experience i was praying for it to be over soon. so anyways i resulted to moving my constricted hands (since they were tied to the surgical bed) under my butt to relieve the stress on my lower back and it jerked a bit. Nara said don't move stay still and i was like it's so hot in here! he said it'll be over soon (of course soon meant like another tormenting 20 minutes).

when the surgery was over i was much relieved. couldnt feel my upper head. i went out of the room and my poor mother and brother was waiting there. the surgery took over 3 hours because according to mom nara took a break in between. i mean fair enough he is human and needs a rest but seriously i'd rather he take a rest before the surgery even began. of course i dont expect utmost professionalism for the price i'm paying but i expect the decency to finish off my surgery rather than scheduling the break inbetween. next thing is the air-conditioning, they bloody turned it off cos my surgery lasted till like 11pm. WTF seriously? when my brother got up for all of us to leave, mind you my 20 year old healthy brother who just got out of NS felt short of breath, he looked really pale and he had to sit down to catch his breath. told me he felt dizzy = lack of oxygen. the nurse asked if he was ok. he was pale as a sheet.

next day my brothers surgery was scheduled for 5. mind you nara's time is like rubber. dropped my brother off mom brought me back to the hotel she fell asleep for an hour went back at 6.30 surgery not started yet. pfft! figured as much. this time while my mom waited as it got late she realised it got warmer again. this time my mom asked the nurse and she walked to the a/c remote situated in the corner of the room opposite the tv and turned it down. when she left the room my mom went and had a look and it was set to 26. 26!?! its not even room temperature and to think a surgical procedure is happening in another room.

my experience in all is you get what you pay for at nara. i've got no qualms about his aesthetic skills as a cosmetic surgeon but i guess you got to rule out if comfort, hygiene and professionalism if you choose him. initially i booked in liposuction with nara for 9 areas. i'm not obese or anything but i wanted to achieve a lean body profile. i cancelled with nara before even performing this surgery and chose arthur instead because of arthurs impressive liposuction portfolio. i've read some comments from other forumers who disapprove of dr arthurs behaviour and of course i do agree that defammation is unacceptable but ethics aside, i made a personal decision to go with dr arthur because me going for surgery has got nothing to do with the competition between them 2. it has got to do with whats best for me in terms of results and safety. i feel safer with arthur as he refuses to perform surgery on you without a blood test first. liposuction is a rather invasive procedure that can lead to potential complications and ensuring i have the best medical facility gives me that peace of mind. my mom would've forced me to cancel if i did lipo with nara. heres my 2 cents. you can choose to take it with a grain of salt.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 5:32 pm

Let me put it politely. Appreciate your post regarding your eyes & Nara's environment. Forgive me if i'm wrong, I hope you're not Joannababe or any of arthur's lackeys because we know very well that they read this thread, whenever we discuss something negative about him, something interesting will happen in response.

Usually, forumners who are keen to go Nara will at least post some questions in this thread before they go. You registered today just to post this bad experience. Can't help to feel suspicious. Like others who mentioned, it could be due to the Joannababe's adverse effect in CC, we'll tend to take it with not just a pinch of salt but a whole bucketful.

Your first post is very detailed about nara's physical clinic & their conduct, this is similiar to jenny's email when she try to dissuade people going to Nara, she also mentioned nara's rundown clinic, criticise the way they conduct the surgery etc. As in comparision, arthur's is a new clinic so they like to rave about the new clinic & facilities and put down nara's.

You didn't mention the results of both your brother's and your double eyelids & straight away talk about lipo.

Your last paragraph clearly encourages people to go arthur for lipo instead. Maybe the only thing arthur can compete with nara is lipo as he's only a GP, cannot do well in other surgery anyway. We've read about 196 pages of Nara, I think we roughly know what to expect.

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 6:44 pm

angelfern with all due respect i believe that there are a lot of silent readers on this site who read and get information from posters. excuse my forwardness but if i have questions they are directed to the surgeons not posters from forums. as with every topic in discussion theres always differing opinions. the usefulness in this forum is so people can review and pass fair judgement and just because my experience is not as favourable to nara does not make me unauthentic but merely a displeased customer. i've provided a rather in depth review from my honest opinion. the whole experience is still fresh in my mind.

the reason why i'm not commenting on my surgical results is i'm not new to this procedure and understand the healing process. i had a dbl eyelid surgery done 8 years back in singapore and redid it as eyes were starting to droop. nara did revisional surgery for me with epi. i know well enough that if i provide comments of surgery it would be the negative comments such as crease too high, assymetrical, unsightly scars. without having given it time to heal i am unable to pass fair judgement on naras skills. perhaps i'm the 1 unlucky customer who had to go through this painful experience, who knows? i even had to go back a second time to remove 1 stitch the nurse left out by carelessness. thank god i went back and was scrutinising my scars if you need convincing otherwise, feel free to PM me your email and i will gladly send you some photos of me and my brother.

this is an open forum and i'm sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion and my overall experience is with every aspect of his practice not just his surgical skills or expertise. perhaps thats the problem with this forum. 1 negative review and people get accused of being fake.

me choosing to get lipo done with arthur is a personal choice. i havent gone through with the procedure but i have it schduled in so i have no comments with regards to his work or practice. anyone and everyone choosing to go under the knife should obviously do their own research and take everything every forum poster says with a grain of salt. me as 1 poster won't change the mind of everyone with just 1 review but this is my experience and i thought i might share it and it could perhaps be of some use to someone.

if you don't mind me asking, what procedures have you done with nara. it just seems as though you might have had a rather positive experience and thats why you might be passionately suspiscious to negative comments about him.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:12 pm

Well, it's good that you're a genuine client of Nara. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your honest feedback. I apologise if u're offended. I haven't been to Nara for lipo yet, but I plan to go there next year and possibly to arthur for my second round!

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:03 pm

I don't think there's any competition between the two doctors. Dr Nara has been around for ages (I have known about him since 2004 where the forums started talking about him) and his customers are usually gained by word of mouth- he didn't even have a website then.

And i seriously doubt your words in here. I have done my liposuction just two months ago, did my arms, tummy & flanks. For the tummy & flanks, i was the last patient for both days with my surgery lasting last till 10.30pm. There is no airconditioning issue at all, the room was totally freezing, especially when they had to pour some red liquid onto my body (iodine perhaps?) to cleanse the body parts before undertaking the liposuction, i was practically shivering, especially when i am only wearing the green robe with no clothes underneath.

Anyone who met Dr. Nara knew him to be a serious quiet man of few words, he's not one to be giggling around with his staff. He's so soft-spoken that you sometimes have to ask him to repeat himself.

Why did you have to go back a second time to remove the stitches a second time? Everyone who did their liposuction especially the eyes knew they had to wait at least a week (for liposuction) and (not sure about the eyes, at least two weeks to recover). I removed my stitches in a polyclinic in Singapore.

The clinic is not rundown, it's just a very normal older-looking GP clinic in Singapore.

Why did you have to drag in Dr. Arthur? If you are not happy with Dr. Nara, there are other plenty of good docs in Thailand such as Tokai or Yanhee or the prestiguous bumrungrad hospital in bangkok, why did you raise Dr. Arthur, if not for obvious reasons?

Business is not meant to be done like this.

lushes

Post by lushes » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:42 am

hi ^^ anyone going to naras on dec 5th?? Initially i booked mine at dec 2th but got it postphoned to 5th Dec ... I will be doing lipo and it would be my first time.. so i am really nervous ..I am looking for a partner , would be better if we could look out for each other ... haven really finish the whole 190 pages cuz i was really bz with projects but I remember reading somewhere here that there is some garment u have to wear after the surgery to tighten ur skin or something?? Mind i ask where can i get those from Malaysia??

PP~

Post by PP~ » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 2:08 am

CNB wrote:
sasa05_ wrote:Anyone did their eyes with Dr Nara?

Does he give us a cream to apply on the stitches after the op or do we need to bring our own anti-inflammatory cream?

Another thing is I read cold compress eye pads helps to reduce the swolleness of the eyes.
The pads will need to be placed inside the fridge a few hours before using.
now this question comes to me, if we take out the cold compress pack from the fridge and apply to our eyes, the pack will have condesation which will make our eyes wet?
We're not supposed to let the stitches get wet right? :???:

Can anyone please advise?
Thanks
hi, yup i did epi and double eyelid with dr nara back in sept.
IIRC, he gave me 2 bottle of distilled water (correct me if im wrong) to clean the wound for my eyes and nose. Antibiotic and painkillers and a pack of cotton bud. So u might want to bring ur own anti-inflammatory cream, but probably seek his opinion.

Just a note, Dr nara method of epicanthoplasty will result in scarring unlike the korean ps method. Im still hoping it will heal as time goes by as im post-op 1mth+ atm. Anyone else that did epicanthoplasty with dr Nara can advise?

To answer ur next qns, alternate hot and cold compress will be more beneficial in reducing the swelling. What u can do is to place a clean cloth over ur eyes b4 applying the cold compress ontop of it.
hi CNB... I wil be gg to Dr nara hopefully in feb to hav my double eyelid and epi done..is ur epi scar healing well? i read alot of ppl here who mention bout epi wil leave scar..i m confused bout wat kind of scar u all r saying and wil it be very ugly even we dab concealer on it? hope i can get some useful info from u and the rest b4 i go to dr nara in feb10.. rhanks so much!

Gnpnyl

MOre info abt Epicanthoplasty and alarplasty

Post by Gnpnyl » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 4:14 am

hi nana_babypink,

Are u looking for company to DR nara?

Hi gals, I'm new here, heard about Dr nana, wana know more before making any decision. I was considering to do Epicanthoplasty and alarplasty with dr nara. Felt worried after reading some past posts in regards to dr nara's failure epi, that causes scars and etc. Anyone has any idea if Dr nara's alarplasty are nicely done with no scars? Had an unhappy cum failure smartlipo with a local doc, hoping to seek for the right and expeprience doctor to avoid disapptment.

hear from you soon. =)

Gnpnyl

Epicanthoplasty and alarplasty

Post by Gnpnyl » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 4:28 am

Hi i m new here, seeking for more info abt Dr Nara's Epicanthoplasty and alarplasty. Heard abt a failure Epicanthoplasty from one of the past post, any successful scar-less experience form anyone?

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 8:22 am

huskyjude wrote:I don't think there's any competition between the two doctors. Dr Nara has been around for ages (I have known about him since 2004 where the forums started talking about him) and his customers are usually gained by word of mouth- he didn't even have a website then.

And i seriously doubt your words in here. I have done my liposuction just two months ago, did my arms, tummy & flanks. For the tummy & flanks, i was the last patient for both days with my surgery lasting last till 10.30pm. There is no airconditioning issue at all, the room was totally freezing, especially when they had to pour some red liquid onto my body (iodine perhaps?) to cleanse the body parts before undertaking the liposuction, i was practically shivering, especially when i am only wearing the green robe with no clothes underneath.

Anyone who met Dr. Nara knew him to be a serious quiet man of few words, he's not one to be giggling around with his staff. He's so soft-spoken that you sometimes have to ask him to repeat himself.
Huskyjude you sound like a really satisfied patient of Nara and I'm glad you've had such a positive experience. However as much as you are pleased with your experience, I am not. Excuse my forwardness but your post as above is based on assumption of what Nara is like in the operating theatre. Unless you are one of the helpers in his room who gets to see how he is as a professional conducting his several surgeries I really doubt you should make assumptions on how he is like in the operating theatre just with your procedure alone. I agree he is soft spoken, but he was also in that operating theatre having a chat and a laugh with his helpers during my surgery.
huskyjude wrote:Why did you have to go back a second time to remove the stitches a second time? Everyone who did their liposuction especially the eyes knew they had to wait at least a week (for liposuction) and (not sure about the eyes, at least two weeks to recover). I removed my stitches in a polyclinic in Singapore.

I don't understand why I have to justify myself when all I was here to do was to provide a review. I believe that you are rather ill-informed with my procedure and the above post is rather ignorant. Double eyelid procedures and epi requires suture removal after 3-5 days because it is a closed incision and leaving in for too long on a closed up wound will cause unsightly scar during the healing stages. Liposuction on the other hand needs to be left in longer for fluids to flow out and whilst thats happening the opening needs to heal so in turn it might take longer.

My surgery was peformed till late, it was only meant to last an hour and a half but he took a break inbetween so it lasted 3 hours. The a/c was turned off towards the end according to my mother and brother. I just remember waking up sweating like a pig. The a/c remote control is located in a rather discreet right hand corner of the clinic where it controls the ducted cooling throughout, diagionally opposite their little TV. During my brothers surgery it was warmer and my mom complained and the nurse lowered it to 26. Wonder what it was on before.

On contrary to popular belief, my surgery requires me to be fully clothed since theres really no point in removing my clothes for a facial surgery. I was also covered in surgical sheets and had a surgical lamp shining on my face. I believe that yours was conducted on different conditions so please take a step back and reconsider your stance before assuming that all surgeries happen like yours.

I had my surgery done on the 14th and I went back and removed my stitches on the 17th before my flight back. Since I was staying at close proximity to the clinic, after removing the sutures I went back to the hotel to rest before my flight and was analysing scars and blood scabs from the epi and found a suture left in. Walked back to the clinic to have that 1 suture removed and the nurse apologised.
huskyjude wrote:The clinic is not rundown, it's just a very normal older-looking GP clinic in Singapore.
At which stage did I mention it was rundown? I only remember merely mentioning that I was horrified. Again this is based on opinions and medical standards one is used to which is of course highly debatable.
huskyjude wrote:Why did you have to drag in Dr. Arthur? If you are not happy with Dr. Nara, there are other plenty of good docs in Thailand such as Tokai or Yanhee or the prestiguous bumrungrad hospital in bangkok, why did you raise Dr. Arthur, if not for obvious reasons?
LOL this is now starting to amuse me. Yes with obvious reasons such as the ongoing discussion on this forum revolving around Arthur, Pat, Putt and Nara. So me bringing up Arthur is somewhat surprising because I happened to be booked in with him for my lipo procedure? I chose Arthur based on own research and his rather impressive liposuction portfolio and not to mention his prices are as competitive as Naras. Dr Pat from Tokai gave me a quote for SGD10000 after a photo consultation. Yanhee is USD1200 per area not within budget. Never really considered Dr Putt because on a lack in online presence.
huskyjude wrote:Business is not meant to be done like this.
Can't say I agree more but in this aspect, as much as you'd like to think I'm a phony, this is not what's happening here. Sorry to disappoint. However this experience has now led me to believe that all accusations of phony forum posters might actually be true patients like myself who are constantly being attacked by previous patients who might've had better experiences at Nara's practice. I urge you to PM me your email, I'll send you a copy of my appointment card with Nara and maybe I'll send you a photo of myself, my mom and my brother in the clinic. Or is that still insufficient because of your omniscient point of view?