Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:11 pm

be yourself! be elegant n civilised. be proper, be simple, be comfortable.. feel gd abt urself tts where confidence ll shine thru.. right?

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:01 am

JadeiteJade wrote: hey, don really know you personally but i remembered reading about your interviews with SQ 2 yrs ago..
and now you have left SQ!..( while im still stuck here, hahaha):shock: :shock: :shock:
Hey babe!! yes i rmb you, it's amazing how time has past by so quickly. How have you been? :)

haha yeah i joined mainly to save money for my education, left to go to uni. Now when i see my batch mates' photos from overseas, it's my turn to get envious haha. Are you still in SQ?

By the way, to the girls who are worried of coming across as trying too hard with the red nails, bunned hair and blue eyeshadow, don't worry, it'll just show you are serious about wanting this job. :) During the kebaya round, it'll also help the judges better visualize if you fit their criteria.

However, it is not necessary to do all the above if you are not comfortable with it. Many girls don't do that, they just come dressed in formal attire andwith a smile! :)

P.S. Do rmb to bring a rubber band though as you'll need to tie your hair when you try the kebaya so that they can check for scars/tattoos on your nape. :)

Good luck!

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:33 am

YrreP wrote:
icic.. was thinking whether to cover up the scars anot.. wah lao damn gan jiong alrdy.. lol.. any tips for the 1st timers? :D
Dear YrreP,

take it as a fun experience! :)

i've got some messages from other posters who are also worried about their skin not being flawless. I am in no position to give advice since i have bad skin myself, but I sincerely believe the most important thing is how you present yourself. If the judges want to hire you, the tiny "flaws" won't matter to them.

I personally have huge flaws- acne scars, chicken pox scars etc. and i am truly grateful they overlooked them.

Walk as graceful as you can in the kebaya, i think that's more impt. :)

All the best dearie!

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Re: =)

Post by kinderjoy » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:04 am

MirageBomb wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
I'm 163cm and 42kg. what are the chances??
The only numbers that really matter here are your hip to waist ratio. You've just got to have the body proportions to pull off the kebaya. I was 165cm and close to 58 kg when I got in, lol.
yes i understand. but sister, BMI 15.1 is ok? cos i heard have to be at least 18 for BMI..

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:06 am

kinderjoy wrote:
MirageBomb wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
I'm 163cm and 42kg. what are the chances??
The only numbers that really matter here are your hip to waist ratio. You've just got to have the body proportions to pull off the kebaya. I was 165cm and close to 58 kg when I got in, lol.
yes i understand. but sister, BMI 15.1 is ok? cos i heard have to be at least 18 for BMI..

SPAM THOSE PEANUT BUTTERS FOR NOW! I'M VERY WORRIED TOO, I'M
STANDING 180 BUT IM ONLY 62KG, AND I HAVE BEEN STUFFING MYSELF
WITH HIGH CARBO FOOD EVERYDAY :( C'MON GIRLS, YOU CAN DO IT!
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:12 am

MauriceChai wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
MirageBomb wrote: The only numbers that really matter here are your hip to waist ratio. You've just got to have the body proportions to pull off the kebaya. I was 165cm and close to 58 kg when I got in, lol.

SPAM THOSE PEANUT BUTTERS FOR NOW! I'M VERY WORRIED TOO, I'M
STANDING 180 BUT IM ONLY 62KG, AND I HAVE BEEN STUFFING MYSELF
WITH HIGH CARBO FOOD EVERYDAY :( C'MON GIRLS, YOU CAN DO IT!
sister, i've have been trying to put on weight for years.. i'm a person who eats a lot.. but still didn't manage to grow much fats... :( is only less than 2 weeks for now, i don't think we can put on much.. :( anyway, good luck for your interview.. see u! :)

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 7:56 am

kinderjoy wrote:
Ideally u'd have to be 48kg for ur ht but if u look good in that kebaya it's not so much an issue, just pad up your hips & boobs, make sure ur face looks plump and well-rested, and try to get it up to at least 45kg.. drinking water like a camel and having a heavy breakfast before the interview can get your weight up +/- 1kg, as for the rest.. I recommend you up your carb intake, try gourmet potato chips, heavy pasta and Indian bread+curry! But u'd have to seeeeriously detox afterwards.. and don't say I say, ah! :lol:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 2:22 pm

what if cannot bun hair?.. how about short hair? :?

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:10 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote: hey, don really know you personally but i remembered reading about your interviews with SQ 2 yrs ago..
and now you have left SQ!..( while im still stuck here, hahaha):shock: :shock: :shock:
Hey babe!! yes i rmb you, it's amazing how time has past by so quickly. How have you been? :)

haha yeah i joined mainly to save money for my education, left to go to uni. Now when i see my batch mates' photos from overseas, it's my turn to get envious haha. Are you still in SQ?

By the way, to the girls who are worried of coming across as trying too hard with the red nails, bunned hair and blue eyeshadow, don't worry, it'll just show you are serious about wanting this job. :) During the kebaya round, it'll also help the judges better visualize if you fit their criteria.

However, it is not necessary to do all the above if you are not comfortable with it. Many girls don't do that, they just come dressed in formal attire andwith a smile! :)

P.S. Do rmb to bring a rubber band though as you'll need to tie your hair when you try the kebaya so that they can check for scars/tattoos on your nape. :)

Good luck!
yah man.still here.trying to save more b4 i leave... :shock:

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 5:02 pm

duriancake wrote:what if cannot bun hair?.. how about short hair? :?
Just make sure your hair is neat. :)
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:47 pm

just wondering, how big a role does looks play in this interview? or is attitude, qualifications more important?

and does tanned skin lose out to whiter skin? hahaa

vonne

Post by vonne » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:30 am

hi. i m having my interview on 25th nov, 10.50am.. wanna share a cab there email me alright.. it seems to be quite a long walk to the centre.. besides, its always good to have company! not so scary.. i dun mind going earlier..

thanks!!
[email protected]
Last edited by vonne on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:55 am

st4rz wrote:just wondering, how big a role does looks play in this interview? or is attitude, qualifications more important?

and does tanned skin lose out to whiter skin? hahaa
The minimums as far as I can tell - average-but-pleasant-looking, glowing and smiley, interviewers must like you (basic charm, likeability, u gotta be able to speak up but they love it if u're also a touch demure), some curves to pull off a kebaya (hip to waist ratio.. bust not important), makes an effort to speak well even if grammar/pronunciation quite terok (yes, our PA announcements still make me cringe), 'O' level or equivalent.

And.. it's not that tanned skin will lose out to whiter skin, what's important is that it's got that healthy glow. Your skin's gotta be in good condition to pull off that tan, coz darker pigment highlights your skin's flaws.. plus if u're Chinese, most of us tend to tan with a slight yellow-gray undertones as opposed to that ideal orange-bronze tint.. will look dull if ur blood circulation+skin exfoliation rate not so good - nothing a little bronzer/highlighter can't fix :wink:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

kerster66

Post by kerster66 » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:06 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:
YrreP wrote:
icic.. was thinking whether to cover up the scars anot.. wah lao damn gan jiong alrdy.. lol.. any tips for the 1st timers? :D
Dear YrreP,

take it as a fun experience! :)

i've got some messages from other posters who are also worried about their skin not being flawless. I am in no position to give advice since i have bad skin myself, but I sincerely believe the most important thing is how you present yourself. If the judges want to hire you, the tiny "flaws" won't matter to them.

I personally have huge flaws- acne scars, chicken pox scars etc. and i am truly grateful they overlooked them.

Walk as graceful as you can in the kebaya, i think that's more impt. :)

All the best dearie!
Hi autumn-reverie,

can check with you, when you says that you have flaws like acne scars, chicken pox scars etc.. how severe the condition is?

i heard from my friend in SQ saying that, when they went for training, there is this girl, after removing her make up, her condition was so bad.. then their make up trainer goes :" how can you possibly be in?" ..

so was wondering, when u said huge flaws.. how "huge" is that ?

does those acne scars patient have the chance to even be in still ?

thanks for clearing my doubts :)

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:31 pm

autumn-reverie wrote: Hi autumn-reverie,

can check with you, when you says that you have flaws like acne scars, chicken pox scars etc.. how severe the condition is?

i heard from my friend in SQ saying that, when they went for training, there is this girl, after removing her make up, her condition was so bad.. then their make up trainer goes :" how can you possibly be in?" ..

so was wondering, when u said huge flaws.. how "huge" is that ?

does those acne scars patient have the chance to even be in still ?

thanks for clearing my doubts :)

Are males and females required to remove makeup during training??