Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:37 pm

agathacherry wrote:I'm wondering what to wear if I don't want to wear a skirt because of some light scars on my leg?
a blouse, a pair of long pants and killer heels! :D

Amyxo_xo

Post by Amyxo_xo » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:37 pm

ohhh.. I just read the email properly again. The first day has 'interviews' and the second day has one interview which I expect should be the Management one.

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:44 pm

Amyxo_xo wrote:ohhh.. I just read the email properly again. The first day has 'interviews' and the second day has one interview which I expect should be the Management one.
manage? what do u mean? :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:51 pm

tangeve wrote:
Amyxo_xo wrote:ohhh.. I just read the email properly again. The first day has 'interviews' and the second day has one interview which I expect should be the Management one.
manage? what do u mean? :)
the management round is also known as the final round. the fourth and final one, provided the interview format doesn't change. hth! :)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:53 pm

she means the final interview is an interview by the top management staff, like the Vice president of cabin crew, director of human resource.. etc.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:02 am

anyone on the 25th nov 1.50pm slot??

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:04 am

loh loh wrote:
BeR wrote:
loh loh wrote:
i submitted everything...haha...wonder is it age problem?me 29 :)
hmm, i'm not so sure leh. but last time i signed up, where by the interviews they break into dec and jan, 2 times. they didn't shortlist me for dec, but shortlist me for the 2nd one. so dunno if tts the case this time nt

Why dun u just try walking in for the interview? There's one guy from the prev thread mentioned that got ppl just attend the interview without submitting their online application lolx.

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:12 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:
loh loh wrote:
BeR wrote: hmm, i'm not so sure leh. but last time i signed up, where by the interviews they break into dec and jan, 2 times. they didn't shortlist me for dec, but shortlist me for the 2nd one. so dunno if tts the case this time nt

Why dun u just try walking in for the interview? There's one guy from the prev thread mentioned that got ppl just attend the interview without submitting their online application lolx.

Could it be possible that name list will be generated out according
to the time slots allotted? So it'll be quite risky and embarrassing if
their name is not in it or something. I don't know.
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:13 am

How true is it that the upcoming write in will just be 2 rounds?

Was it this way when they had massive recruitment back then? caue i thought sia are standard 4 rounds.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:16 am

99heyho wrote:How true is it that the upcoming write in will just be 2 rounds?

Was it this way when they had massive recruitment back then? caue i thought sia are standard 4 rounds.
back then when they had interviews every month, there were four rounds. personally i don't think they would reduce the number of rounds. as it is, it is already 2 rounds lesser than 2-3 years ago when they had the swimming test and the tea round...

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:27 am

hafiz_ wrote:
99heyho wrote:How true is it that the upcoming write in will just be 2 rounds?

back then when they had interviews every month, there were four rounds. personally i don't think they would reduce the number of rounds. as it is, it is already 2 rounds lesser than 2-3 years ago when they had the swimming test and the tea round...
wow tt often? i waited a long time for this! how often are e intakes now?

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:45 am

me also 25!
got a slot on 25 nov at 1350 hrs.
me tried like xxx times. furthest only 3rd round twice.
Amyxo_xo wrote:
mouse wrote:how old are u all? How many times u all tried?
25 here! And first time trying, but after hearing so much from my friends, its enough to make me scared too.

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:47 am

they will somehow calculate ur BMI lor. their BMI standard higher expectation than normal. haiz...must start diet diet now le...

loh loh wrote:
whitepetals wrote:i just turned 21 too. haha. got into the final rd like last year. after tt kept getting stuck at round 2. zzz.
Ya lo. rd 2 like siao siao wan, super strict, dunno wad they wan also. whitepetals, is your skin those very good kind?

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:03 am

mouse wrote:they will somehow calculate ur BMI lor. their BMI standard higher expectation than normal. haiz...must start diet diet now le...

loh loh wrote:
whitepetals wrote:i just turned 21 too. haha. got into the final rd like last year. after tt kept getting stuck at round 2. zzz.
Ya lo. rd 2 like siao siao wan, super strict, dunno wad they wan also. whitepetals, is your skin those very good kind?
what is their BMI expectations?? but what if your bmi is okay but u look abit fleshy. haha.

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:07 am

u go google and calculate ur BMI. cos i checked mine, and it's normal but the lady told me my bmi is a bit high based on their requirements. Then i told her i will exercise very hard and kept smile smile at her. I got through the round 2 that time. hah. abit stupid sometimes but of cos its your overall package on how u walk and present also. they will see ur neck, face, hands back and front and turn ur face left n right for them to see. And oh yes, not forgetting, a bit of catwalk :wink:

st4rz wrote:
mouse wrote:they will somehow calculate ur BMI lor. their BMI standard higher expectation than normal. haiz...must start diet diet now le...

loh loh wrote: Ya lo. rd 2 like siao siao wan, super strict, dunno wad they wan also. whitepetals, is your skin those very good kind?
what is their BMI expectations?? but what if your bmi is okay but u look abit fleshy. haha.
Last edited by mouse on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.