Singapore Expats

Any Singles?

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:44 pm

sg_lover wrote:Hi,
Me to single 28/M .. Looking for dating partner. Where should I find free minded girl for dating & long term relationship..

John

Muahahaha, thought that i'm the only one who found this personal ad hilarious. You gonna freak the gals out this way.

Steve & gang, how was the dinner last night?

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mauvecloud » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:01 pm

angelfern wrote:
Me to single 28/M .. Looking for dating partner. Where should I find free minded girl for dating & long term relationship..

John

Muahahaha, thought that i'm the only one who found this personal ad hilarious. You gonna freak the gals out this way.

Dinner was swell.

On the other hand, personally I think guys like sg-lover wouldn't mind plastic girls who call them 'freaks' (what's with one group of the species feeling they have the right to call the other group 'freaks' on the basis of several personal ads? Having two copies of chromosome X doesn't make you better than the other half).

Angelfern could give sg-lover a try :D

sg_lover
Regular
Regular

Post by sg_lover » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:07 pm

I think most of guys/gals wanna to know meaning of 'free minded'.. I intended that gals whom looking for new friends , change in life partner, different race,etc.

Thanks for ppls whom replies. Still waiting for PM.

Also I will search in dating site.

Regards
John

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:35 pm

mauvecloud wrote:
angelfern wrote:

John

Dinner was swell.

On the other hand, personally I think guys like sg-lover wouldn't mind plastic girls who call them 'freaks' (what's with one group of the species feeling they have the right to call the other group 'freaks' on the basis of several personal ads? Having two copies of chromosome X doesn't make you better than the other half).

Angelfern could give sg-lover a try :D
Hey, what's with the name calling and personal attack? I didn't call him any names and insinuate that he's a freak. I'm just implying he will frighten the gals off. That's hitting below the belt. You're very rude & shouldn't base your judgement from what I post in other threads. Get off from your high horse.
Last edited by angelfern on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mauvecloud » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:38 pm

sg_lover wrote:I think most of guys/gals wanna to know meaning of 'free minded'.. I intended that gals whom looking for new friends , change in life partner, different race,etc.

Thanks for ppls whom replies. Still waiting for PM.

Also I will search in dating site.

Regards
John
John, you're playing a tipped field here. Why would the ladies PM you when they are constantly bombarded by PMs or emails elsewhere for 'dates' (or any other sort of arrangement)?

Even if you post a super-hot hunkery picture, playing the waiting game won't gain you any hits. Even men with super-hot hunk pictures have to go out and make the first move, eh, i mean, email.

So my $0.02 is, post or photoshop your hunkiest pic, post 'em on dating sites, and send like, urm, 100 emails a day (to 100 different ladies, of course).

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:42 pm

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mauvecloud » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:44 pm

i'm only trying to help the dude, nakatago!

Sjinga

Post by Sjinga » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 5:53 pm

Steve-R wrote:Once again I'll post my number for anyone trying to find the group.

Steve
9395 8977
Hey!

I am newbie here. Just arrived, 24m young professional from the Netherlands, and will be working here for the next three months.
I am curious, what kind of group are you? what age?
do you meet every week?
i am interested to meet some people to join up for some drinks in the weekend or after office hours.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 8:33 pm

We've been meeting every week so far but it's not in stone; sometimes, we could meet twice in a week.

Feel free to drop by whenever you feel like hanging out :D

frostingz
Regular
Regular

Post by frostingz » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 9:15 pm

Or u could organize something, and start the ball rolling! :)

Steve-R
Regular
Regular

Post by Steve-R » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:39 am

Thanks to Jo for co-planning last weeks dinner and to Resource Consumer for the informative and detailed tour of geylang.

It's Monday morning! Time to start planning the next dinner. Is Frostingz volunteering to be this week's organizer? Are you up to planning the next dinner? Maybe sg_lover will help out. How about a dinner and speed dating event? :roll:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:03 pm

Steve-R wrote:It's Monday morning! Time to start planning the next dinner. Is Frostingz volunteering to be this week's organizer? Are you up to planning the next dinner? Maybe sg_lover will help out. How about a dinner and speed dating event? :roll:
Though we had younger people with us, don't forget that this thread is under the 30's club :P

davidplato
Regular
Regular

Post by davidplato » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:13 am

nakatago wrote:
Steve-R wrote:It's Monday morning! Time to start planning the next dinner. Is Frostingz volunteering to be this week's organizer? Are you up to planning the next dinner? Maybe sg_lover will help out. How about a dinner and speed dating event? :roll:
Though we had younger people with us, don't forget that this thread is under the 30's club :P

The median first age of marriage is still around 26 -28 plus2.. heres some sign of reliefs..
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005061.html

So who ever pass over it.. hey.. its just numbers ure dealing with..
Life without music is like a basket without the fruits, Life without design is like a Paper without the words. Music and Design are the Fruitywords of life.

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

fooooooooooood

Post by mauvecloud » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:51 am

Urm, comix and statistics have all been fine and informative, but what about dinner?

(strange, when my parents got hitched they were much older than the median age of their time.)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 9:30 am

David's link points to data from 1890-2007 for the United States. I think Munroe cites a trend a general trend for the world and observation lends it applicable to at least a South East Asian context as well.

...anyway, do any of you guys have ideas for the long weekend of Nov 27?