Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chingchonggirl

Post by chingchonggirl » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 2:56 pm

benefits? hmmm there are some benefits like free tickets and all. i cant rmb how it works. i can only remember the fact that you need 6 ppl to travel free together.

and also, after you've worked for x number of years, they'll give u a lump sum payout or something. i cant remember how many years though. :???:

hahaha, so yeap. got a confirmation today that im in! and gonna go sign e contract on this comin monday! (:
I love the rain.

dezbabe

Post by dezbabe » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 5:40 pm

[quote="chingchonggirl"]benefits? hmmm there are some benefits like free tickets and all. i cant rmb how it works. i can only remember the fact that you need 6 ppl to travel free together.

and also, after you've worked for x number of years, they'll give u a lump sum payout or something. i cant remember how many years though. :???:

hahaha, so yeap. got a confirmation today that im in! and gonna go sign e contract on this comin monday! (:[/quote]\

:lol: :lol: CONGRAT!!! :lol: when is ur training? same batch 23?

chingchonggirl

Post by chingchonggirl » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 9:10 pm

thanks dezbabe! :D haha I have no idea which batch Im in. but since batch 23 starts on 16th, then i think im in batch 24! i really dunno, haha.
I love the rain.

redhead

Post by redhead » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:46 pm

chingchonggirl wrote:thanks dezbabe! :D haha I have no idea which batch Im in. but since batch 23 starts on 16th, then i think im in batch 24! i really dunno, haha.
hi, do you know if there will be another hiring for dec or early january next year? thank you and best of luck

pinky_pinky

Post by pinky_pinky » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:42 pm

chingchonggirl wrote:
thanks dezbabe! haha I have no idea which batch Im in. but since batch 23 starts on 16th, then i think im in batch 24! i really dunno, haha
when is your training date? Have u sign the contract? May I know how long is the bond with Tiger? Are we cover with insurance? Who arrange the schedule date? Can we change our schedule date or its fixed date?

Or who can help? ThKS

freeflow

Post by freeflow » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 7:53 pm

Any idea when there will be a walk-in interview again? I would like to try and do you have to submit a full-length body pic upon interview? What is the requirement for a guy to fit in? Heard that they are short of male stewards right? Cheers, everyone.

freeflow

Post by freeflow » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 8:18 pm

and arh, is it too old for a guy who is 25 year old this year to try out air steward as a career?
haha

chingchonggirl

Post by chingchonggirl » Sat, 28 Nov 2009 2:33 pm

pinky_pinky: yes signed contract n trg has started for a week alr. so far so good. (:

redhead: yes there'll most prolly be another batch early quarter next year. so do deposit your resume with tiger (:

freeflow: nothing is ever too late. do deposit your resume with tiger. who knows, they'll call you. (:
I love the rain.

freeflow

Post by freeflow » Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:14 pm

Hey thanks for the info Chingchonggirl, I am wondering will there be a walk-in day for Tiger like the rest of other airlines?

redhead

Post by redhead » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:18 pm

Hi, anyone from TR can share when will there be another recruitment ,like this coming january or february? thanks!

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 2:44 pm

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment

Date: 16 January 2010
Time: 9am-4pm
Venue: Holiday Inn Atrium Hotel
317 Outram Road
Changi Room (Level 4)

Above as quoted from SASS Atlantic's website: http://www.sassatlantic.com/

and btw, as seen on another thread in this forum, another user said 'Well, i went to their walk in interview on the 19th Dec 2009, and they mention about the 5k thingy; "to show your commitment, you have to have 5k in your bank acct and after 2 years, if you're done with the training, the 5k is yours."

what's this about, anyone knows?

link to thread: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic66273.html

redhead

Post by redhead » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 2:56 pm

missSHER wrote:Tiger Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment

Date: 16 January 2010
Time: 9am-4pm
Venue: Holiday Inn Atrium Hotel
317 Outram Road
Changi Room (Level 4)

Above as quoted from SASS Atlantic's website: http://www.sassatlantic.com/

and btw, as seen on another thread in this forum, another user said 'Well, i went to their walk in interview on the 19th Dec 2009, and they mention about the 5k thingy; "to show your commitment, you have to have 5k in your bank acct and after 2 years, if you're done with the training, the 5k is yours."

what's this about, anyone knows?

link to thread: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic66273.html
yeah, i have a friend who's an ex-crew and said they were obliged to pay<sass> 3k that time.. if this happens to be true.. why go to sass agency, 5k is really big.. i'd rather use it for my education than pay them besides that 5k thingy isn't an assurance that you're already in, still it's up to the team leaders who get to choose who they want to hire as i've heard they are more strict now especially in language skills.. such a waste if i have to pay them for nothing..

chingchonggirl

Post by chingchonggirl » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 5:07 pm

hi i've already started flying and no there is no 5k bond if you sign the contract directly with tiger.

did anyone went for the walk in interview? how was it? share your experiences here! :D
I love the rain.

wiwik

Post by wiwik » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 1:50 pm

chingchonggirl wrote:hi i've already started flying and no there is no 5k bond if you sign the contract directly with tiger.

did anyone went for the walk in interview? how was it? share your experiences here! :D
hi there! would appreciate to let us know what is the salary? including allowance,incentives,etc. pls advice! many thanks

chingchonggirl

Post by chingchonggirl » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:31 am

[quote="wiwik]

hi there! would appreciate to let us know what is the salary? including allowance,incentives,etc. pls advice! many thanks[/quote]

salary is 832 + allowance of 6.25 + 5% commission from ur fnb + duty free sales + incentives like free tix and midnight cab allowances. check the last few posts on this thread for more information :)

no news from anyone who got in?
I love the rain.