Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:35 am

MauriceChai wrote:We should all meet and march in together if we got shortlisted for interview. more aggressive, scare the interviewer a little.
"Scare the interviewer"? I suggest that aggressive people will be the last sort of employee the airlines want.

[Customer]: Bring me another scotch, please.

[Aggressive cabin crew]: F*ck you, sir, you've already had more than I drink in a month.

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:40 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
MauriceChai wrote:We should all meet and march in together if we got shortlisted for interview. more aggressive, scare the interviewer a little.
"Scare the interviewer"? I suggest that aggressive people will be the last sort of employee the airlines want.

[Aggressive cabin crew]: F*ck you, sir, you've already had more than I drink in a month.

Hahaha, you need to chill/relax a little Sir, it's a tongue in cheek moment. :) There's is no need to be so critical about everything. Afterall this is a Forum, everything should be lighthearted and all. Thank you :)
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 6:07 am

M wrote:Goodluck girls and boys! :cool:
Long time no see M, so free? Roster very bad sia..... no $$$ got to eat GRASS now....

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 8:16 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Long time no see M, so free? Roster very bad sia..... no $$$ got to eat GRASS now....
Haha buddy. 380 roster isnt so jialatz for now so still managing. im sure ya roster will be better in time to come? btw, which fleet are you in? 8-)

chanelislove

Post by chanelislove » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 12:06 am

hi girls, i need help!

for the cover letter, who should i address the letter to and which one is correct address to put for the employer contact info.

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 8:27 am

AH! Some help, mates. How do I do a cover letter? Thanks.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 4:22 pm

chanelislove wrote:hi girls, i need help!

for the cover letter, who should i address the letter to and which one is correct address to put for the employer contact info.
no specific addressee, but you can always address it as Dear Sir/Mdm.. the correct address is your current/previous employer's company address. HTH! :)
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 4:24 pm

tangeve wrote:AH! Some help, mates. How do I do a cover letter? Thanks.
Hello. There are many samples available online that might be able to help you. Whatever it is, here you go: http://www.cvtips.com/cover_letter_samples.html

:)
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 4:26 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:

LOL!!

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 4:31 pm

Thank you! :)

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:19 pm

hihi, i think on my pt of view, sia will shortlist everyone that signed up. because the pervious time i signed for write in for jan, there is too much ppl , so they break the interview into 2 times, one in dec another jan. and the people there just took our form, they nv even check the data or double check if we are the ones they shortlisted. and some of the girls there, so are ver short also can get shortlistes and go test for rd 1. but in the end, they didn't went through it though.

for certificates, they also nv check because for round 1, almost 75% of the ppl will get booted out so i think they find no point in checking unless if you can go in to rd 3 and above. so don't have to worry so much about the shortlisting part. becos most likely 99% sure get shortlist. so now shld forcus on how to handle the interview part. :)
apple

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:48 am

I agree with what Loh Loh said, it is more of a first come first served basis. I think the invitations are computer generated. I remembered that a person who did not meet the nationality requirements was shortlisted as well.

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:53 am

Oh? In any case can i just check how many recruitments from SIA are there per year? It seems like quite a few but i only notice it this time! :p

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:02 pm

I think they have closed the write in interview application. Time to check your email inbox for invitations!

sugahplume

Post by sugahplume » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:32 pm

Shirini wrote:I think they have closed the write in interview application. Time to check your email inbox for invitations!
ehhh really? but it seems to still be open on the website, and supposed to be til 12 nov?