Singapore Expats

No you can't sit here, sorry...I think

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:09 am

Global Citizen wrote:Only if you had nothing to do with the boogers!
When a food-court cannot be found . . .

'nuff said Image

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 9:36 pm

Ozzie, going by your last post, you've lost the plot. You need help and a head doctor might just be the thing at this point.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 9:57 am

Nah, she's just good old white trash

'nuff said Image

kwassieann

Solution ! go blonde !

Post by kwassieann » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 3:34 pm

I am Blonde ang mo and absolutely no-one comes and sits near/with me at any public place.....figured it must be the hair colour.
can go to any food court and sit alone(unless husband with me of course) which is what I prefer as I am not a sociable person. Have not received any dirty looks as yet but would just fire an evil one back if I did. :D :D

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Ozchick,
I sympathise with you, but as much as I don't like sharing my space, if the place is full I've had to resort to sharing a table - I'd probably do the same if needed.

BTW, the Kopitam just down the road from Plaza Sing - opposite SMU - is very rarely full and as it is not part of a shopping centre it is quiet too. An option perhaps?

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:54 pm

Look, you said it, so it was at least going through your mind... at least on some level...

"what a prized bitch I am..."

Without being too much of a flamer, if you can't see fit to share a table in a food centre, then I'd agree with your subliminal conscience on that.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 1:08 am

Come on OZchick invite me for a coffee, i'll pick up the bill and you pay and we can share our past misfortunes, like 2 nagging neighbours :roll: :lol: I'm free any day of the week and my dear wife reads everything on here, when she wants too, so it's not a date in the real sense, but a neighbourly introduction to Singapore. :) Joke maybe! I'll pay for the coffee you pay for the meal equal rights ok? Though I must admit that beautiful body i had, sort of disintegrated after the ticker stopped last year :cry: Now I sleep in the utility room :cry:

But I'm back in the gym the last two weeks. Bloody hard to work off the calories though these days 3 cans a night is too much, but what to do if the internal clock hasn't changed over from European time in 9 years.

Actually I have just made contact with one of my primary school class mates, she has been in OZ for years though i have never seen her since primary school. Divorced too unfortunately.

My sister returned from Hobart after divorce too, after 17 years in OZ though many years ago, so you are not alone in your suffering as you well know. Just ignore the rubbish on here, it's entertainment we all do what we want to do basically

My 9 yr old daughter wanted to go to Australia last year, but it was a month after my heart attack, just a warning to slow down, so we had to cancel the flight though and she was very upset because her school mates were going too. I'll make it there i'm sure before heaven calls.

I know exactly what you are thinking, How come i talk to myself so much in my posts, the answer is my parrot died :roll: corny? Yes, that's why we need some excitement :lol:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Sun, 01 Nov 2009 9:56 am

ksl wrote:Come on OZchick invite me for a coffee, i'll pick up the bill and you pay and we can share our past misfortunes, like 2 nagging neighbours :roll: :lol: I'm free any day of the week and my dear wife reads everything on here, when she wants too, so it's not a date in the real sense, but a neighbourly introduction to Singapore. :) Joke maybe! I'll pay for the coffee you pay for the meal equal rights ok? Though I must admit that beautiful body i had, sort of disintegrated after the ticker stopped last year :cry: Now I sleep in the utility room :cry:

But I'm back in the gym the last two weeks. Bloody hard to work off the calories though these days 3 cans a night is too much, but what to do if the internal clock hasn't changed over from European time in 9 years.

Actually I have just made contact with one of my primary school class mates, she has been in OZ for years though i have never seen her since primary school. Divorced too unfortunately.

My sister returned from Hobart after divorce too, after 17 years in OZ though many years ago, so you are not alone in your suffering as you well know. Just ignore the rubbish on here, it's entertainment we all do what we want to do basically

My 9 yr old daughter wanted to go to Australia last year, but it was a month after my heart attack, just a warning to slow down, so we had to cancel the flight though and she was very upset because her school mates were going too. I'll make it there i'm sure before heaven calls.

I know exactly what you are thinking, How come i talk to myself so much in my posts, the answer is my parrot died :roll: corny? Yes, that's why we need some excitement :lol:
Ooh Kayser my hearts a-flutterin' here! Will pm you but please note that I'm far from suffering! And yeah people say things on here that show they're having a bad day that's all. And there are others who have trouble owning up to the truth. Many probably feel exactly the same as I do about sharing their little bit of eating space. Let's face it, if we all enjoyed sharing our eating spaces, we'd be heading to occupied tables whenever we could, and there'd be heaps of empty tables left! Simple really. Sigh...
And even though I have owned up to having the 'wrong attitude' ( in the original post and again later), some posters get a great deal of satisfaction trying to hang draw and quarter me! Gee if they were snakes they'd bite me! The original post was merely a 'lighter' look at the aspect of sharing a meal table, but clearly I'm one of few with a sense of humour. :roll:
The 'world according to Ozchick' is a lot more fun! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:07 am

ozchick wrote:clearly I'm one of few with a sense of humour. :roll:

:lol: That's funny! :lol:

'nuff said Image

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:08 am

Not to perptuate any tired and inaccurate New York-isms or anything....
Vaucluse wrote:EADG wrote:You're from New York!!!!! How can you be anything but rude! :lol:
I like the way it works there, if you do give up your table and a conversation happens to happen, it would more often than not be a genuine one and a McConversation.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:10 am

I think she confused 'avatar' with that oft-used pic of yours with the foot.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I think you are gonna need more than just a pair of waders. You might need a shovel to dig yerself outta that hole! :lol:
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:41 am

EADG wrote:Not to perptuate any tired and inaccurate New York-isms or anything....
Noo, we wouldn't want that!

Actually, the way I view NY . . . and I spent some time at SUNY in Stony Brook . . . is that most people you meet are not from the city itself.

'nuff said Image