Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 5:02 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
sstan123 wrote:Strong Eagle,SIA did not "forced unpaid leave" on its employee. SIA also did not retrenched its staff this time. Staff went on unpaid leave voluntarily. Get your facts right.
Well, dream on. You want to bet some money as to when SQ will next recruit again?

I prefer reality. Whether voluntary or not, there has been a large staff reduction because there has been a large aircraft and flight reduction.

So, tell me again why SQ would recruit when they have all these furloughed people, voluntary or not?
Was I dreaming when I said SIA would be recruiting by year end or early next year? Is the invitation for online application (write-in) by SQ,closing on 12 November a dream or reality? Hahaha some people here have to eat their words (no offence to the moderators). It's ok we all make mistakes sometimes but it make us humble isn't it?
Last edited by sstan123 on Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:35 pm

oh dear i am on braces. why is platv so sure that SIA is not hiring but now the official website is. omg.. i have 20months to go. i so wanna fly!!
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

pumpkin

Post by pumpkin » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 3:41 pm

[quote="rachelhoe"]oh dear i am on braces. why is platv so sure that SIA is not hiring but now the official website is. omg.. i have 20months to go. i so wanna fly!![/quote]

Wont they recruit girls with braces on? ):

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 4:30 pm

Hmmm.. i wonder when SIA would be coming to KL for its recruitment exercise..

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 7:45 pm

pumpkin wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:oh dear i am on braces. why is platv so sure that SIA is not hiring but now the official website is. omg.. i have 20months to go. i so wanna fly!!

Wont they recruit girls with braces on? ):
honestly i dont think so. how can you have the "singapore girl smile with braces on?"
anyway.. for my case i still have about 1.5yrs more to go/... i will have to force myself to give up this oppourtunity. which i think is the saddest thing i am going to do in my life. =(
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

ilynnew

Post by ilynnew » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:51 pm

looks like someone needs to do an apology for all the facts he's trying to show. HA. THIS IS REALITY. Now you can just shut up and stop spoiling people's hope.

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 1:25 pm

ilynnew wrote:looks like someone needs to do an apology for all the facts he's trying to show. HA. THIS IS REALITY. Now you can just shut up and stop spoiling people's hope.
ilynnew,

Don't wait for the apology because it will not happen. They are all "Superiors" here and always want to argue and find out others mistakes. For them, they are always correct.
Just don't bother about it. Stick with what you want to get from this forum and then go. Make it easy. Just think they are "hard-to-handle" passengers who you are going to serve in the future.
Anyway, can you see that all keep quiet now? :lol:
Cheer.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 2:47 pm

AV1981 wrote:
ilynnew wrote:looks like someone needs to do an apology for all the facts he's trying to show. HA. THIS IS REALITY. Now you can just shut up and stop spoiling people's hope.
ilynnew,

Don't wait for the apology because it will not happen. They are all "Superiors" here and always want to argue and find out others mistakes. For them, they are always correct.
Just don't bother about it. Stick with what you want to get from this forum and then go. Make it easy. Just think they are "hard-to-handle" passengers who you are going to serve in the future.
Cheer.
It is these kinds of attitudes that get people booted at the first round interview, with them wondering what happened.

The point of the posts I have made is to DOCUMENT the supposed recruitment, not give people false hope... which you apparently seem to like to wallow in.

I have nothing to apologize for. I call people on their rumor mongering. Someone actually posted a website. Great! A first! Keep it up.

Meanwhile, grow up... and yes, I am a frequent flier that expects good service. I'm not 'hard to handle', I just have little use for inward focused people and it's my guess you won't be serving passengers, hard to handle or not, anytime in the near future.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 3:35 pm

sstan123 wrote:
Was I dreaming when I said SIA would be recruiting by year end or early next year? Is the invitation for online application (write-in) by SQ,closing on 12 November a dream or reality? Hahaha some people here have to eat their words (no offence to the moderators). It's ok we all make mistakes sometimes but it make us humble isn't it?
Nobody has to eat their words; the information available suggested their wouldn't be any recruitment for some time. I did in fact say in one of my posts nobody knows when the airline the airline would start recruiting again. My point being that when people post here with statement such as there will soon be another recruitment drive they fail to back it up as was also pointed out by Strong Eagle (have a look at SEs response to your original post, you never even answered his question let alone back up your own statement).
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 31 Oct 2009 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 3:41 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
AV1981 wrote:
ilynnew,

Cheer.
It is these kinds of attitudes that get people booted at the first round interview, with them wondering what happened.

The point of the posts I have made is to DOCUMENT the supposed recruitment, not give people false hope... which you apparently seem to like to wallow in.

I have nothing to apologize for. I call people on their rumor mongering. Someone actually posted a website. Great! A first! Keep it up.

Meanwhile, grow up... and yes, I am a frequent flier that expects good service. I'm not 'hard to handle', I just have little use for inward focused people and it's my guess you won't be serving passengers, hard to handle or not, anytime in the near future.
That no doubt will happen since the poster concerned can neither reads nor comprehends what is written let alone verify his statements. Good job he's going to fail wouldn't want him as a steward on any flight I am on and I have been on plenty.

AV1981

Post by AV1981 » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 5:20 pm

Please don't talk like you are the one who can decide whether they can or can not become CC. Some people here used to and are flying as CC. What happen if others CC wannabe success? They will laugh at you again. Never say never. Just wait and see. Don't judge people by what they said.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 6:10 pm

AV1981 wrote:Please don't talk like you are the one who can decide whether they can or can not become CC. Some people here used to and are flying as CC.
Ha ha you fell for it again, I knew you would bite. Now consider my previous posts which are deliberately rude. I will let you work out for yourself my point. :P :lol:
What happen if others CC wannabe success? They will laugh at you again. Never say never. Just wait and see. Don't judge people by what they said.
Seriously you have done it again; this statement doesn't make any sense and you have simply ignored every part of my posts which were serious. You simply didn't know when there was going to be a recruitment did you? In addition you were not the first one to see the advertisment when it appeared. [-X Like I said back up your statements!.

Consider the evidence; several newspapers and I believe SIA themselves said they had mothballed several aircraft and put crew on voluntary leave. Under those circumstances why would they need new crew? The reasons as to why they are recruiting is a msytery and I don't know if they would tell you why, could be something unexpected. For comparison take a look at the mess British Airways is in.

Those that are already flying as cabin crew (and I have friends amongst them) them rarely if they ever post here. Although I know a good many like to look without logging on to have a good laugh at my antics and the many silly uninformed posts that so often appear here. :wink:

EmptyHope

Post by EmptyHope » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 6:23 pm

yuuhuuu ... skip all the quarell here ...now, it's all about recruitment ...

i wonder what happen to those who were being postponed when they passed the last interview ... have they been called for training yet ?

best luck for all of the applicant , do share some information if called for interview ... many thanks :)

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Sat, 31 Oct 2009 9:23 pm

Hi,

I saw on someone's blog that she is going to start her training in November.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Post by Gnip » Sun, 01 Nov 2009 6:45 am

Hello! I was browsing through the application template and realized that there isn't a requirement to send in a picture. Does it mean that merit is solely gathered from the resume then?

Thanks much! :D