Singapore Expats

Eligibility for EP in Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sushil.jn

Eligibility for EP in Singapore

Post by sushil.jn » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 1:43 pm

Hi,

I have received offer letter from an Org at Sing, the offer that i have received is for 5000S$ per/month.

I have 2 questions.

Is 5000S$ enough at singapore

Presently my pay at India is 811s$ per/month, will i get any issues with getting my EP processed

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 2:20 pm

question one - yes

question two - anybody's guess. depends on whether you are qualified and whether or not there a local/prs here with the same qualifications. So while you may qualify, the company may not be able to justify hiring a foreigner.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 4:04 pm

Take this test as a starting point.

http://sat.mom.gov.sg/

sushil.jn

eligable for ep

Post by sushil.jn » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:21 am

As per the assessment i am eligable to get an EP.

now can you please help me with next steps that i should be considering before moving into singapore.

I am from India.

Regards,
SK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:40 pm

The rest (filing for the Employment Pass) needs to be taken care of by your new employer. You will probably need to submit information to the employer so that they can file. They are the ones who must convince MOM that they need to hire a foreigner instead of a local. If they get past that, and your qualifications are suitable (apparently they are) then your employer will get a AIP (Approval In Principal) which will allow you to have your Employment Pass issued once you arrive in Singapore. The move here? That's up to you. Costs may be yours or your new employer, depending on what you have negotiated in your contract.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The rest (filing for the Employment Pass) needs to be taken care of by your new employer. You will probably need to submit information to the employer so that they can file. They are the ones who must convince MOM that they need to hire a foreigner instead of a local. If they get past that, and your qualifications are suitable (apparently they are) then your employer will get a AIP (Approval In Principal) which will allow you to have your Employment Pass issued once you arrive in Singapore. The move here? That's up to you. Costs may be yours or your new employer, depending on what you have negotiated in your contract.

sms
Isn't that IPA(In Principle Approval) :P
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me