Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:05 am

I did epi by local plastic surgeon last year, no serious scarring except there's a very slight thin white line on my left eye, right eye perfect. my fold is rather obvious so doc removed quite a lot of skin.

yours no need lah. just do double eyelid will do. :)

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:27 am

angelfern wrote:I did epi by local plastic surgeon last year, no serious scarring except there's a very slight thin white line on my left eye, right eye perfect. my fold is rather obvious so doc removed quite a lot of skin.

yours no need lah. just do double eyelid will do. :)
I can't figure out the fold part refers to where so I also don't know if I need epi or not lor. :oops:
I tried to take a pic of my eye, using a finger to "lift" the puffy eyelids upwards to show my hidden double eyelids to let you all have a closer look.
My case no need epi? :D

Actually, I don't expect a very drastic change in my eyelids.
If do until like in this pic, i already very happy. :)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:45 am

epi is also known as " kai yan tou" in chinese, the part of the skin covering your tear duct. u try pressing the skin towards the bridge of your nose, if not much, no need to do.

what you want is double eyelid, cutting method, doc can remove excess fats & skin to lift up your eyes. If have sleepy eyes due to muscles like my sis, have to do levator surgery to create bigger eyes. But we haven't been there yet so don't know how good is dr Jong.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:00 pm

angelfern wrote:epi is also known as " kai yan tou" in chinese, the part of the skin covering your tear duct. u try pressing the skin towards the bridge of your nose, if not much, no need to do.

what you want is double eyelid, cutting method, doc can remove excess fats & skin to lift up your eyes. If have sleepy eyes due to muscles like my sis, have to do levator surgery to create bigger eyes. But we haven't been there yet so don't know how good is dr Jong.
oh ok! I think I get it already.
I pinched the skin btw the eyes, got quite alot of skin.
Maybe becos due to no nose bridge. :oops:
My eyes as of now can already see the "corner", a small bit of the inside of the eyes already. If epi is to cut there then my tear ducts all shown!
Look damn weird!:o
If my understanding is correct then I think I'll don't need it.
Thanks so much! :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 1:46 am

sasa05_ wrote: I can't figure out the fold part refers to where so I also don't know if I need epi or not lor. :oops:
I tried to take a pic of my eye, using a finger to "lift" the puffy eyelids upwards to show my hidden double eyelids to let you all have a closer look.
My case no need epi? :D

Actually, I don't expect a very drastic change in my eyelids.
If do until like in this pic, i already very happy. :)
Hmm, quite hard to tell what the "yan tou", or red flesh at inner corner of eye, looks like when you use the finger to pull up your eye lid. Whether a person looks better with epi depends on:
1) Distance between eyes. This is actually the more important factor
2) How small the inner opening is

If the distance between the eyes is already quite small, and you go for epi, the result will be eyes that look too close together. I'm sure you have seen some older generation korean actresses with eyes that look very close together. It's cos of too aggressive epi-ing, and rhino (duh we all know they do their noses but.. just to be obvious about it) that gives the illusion of eyes being closer together cos of the higher bridge.

On the other hand, if you have really wide set eyes, then epi usually tends to be very good.

As for whether YOU will look better with epi, hard to say. Best to ask doctor. Btw, no thai PS i know of does epi; some say nara does it but how well he does it, i don't know. But what i do know is you can look at tw before/after epi+dbl eyelid - the result tends to be very good, with dramatic eyes that can "talk". I have seen some local epi results in person and i'm not impressed.

It is usually better to get a higher tapered crease if your face can take it, especially if you're female. This is cos after a few years, the crease will stabilize and become more natural (Read: Lower height). Some people like it that way.. some don't.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:36 am

Hi Cerspen,

Thanks for the info. :)
In this case, means will need to let Nara see my eyes and overall features and then he'll decide.
Nara does epi but I'm very afraid of scarring for epi surgery, should be quite obvious cos cutting from the side right?

Anyway I do have a pic of my eyes in previous pages, maybe you had missed it. I measured the my eyes and length btw my eyes.
eyes estimated is 3.2cm and the length btw eyes is 3.5cm.
Esimtaed, really not easy to measure!
Below is the pic.
sorry for the lousy drawing. Hahaha :P

Would love to hear your views.
ps: please don't quote my pic, thanks! :)

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular

Post by perfectcut22 » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:59 am

7 more days to my BA, nose and chin!!!!!!!!!!!!

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 3:24 pm

sasa05_ wrote:Hi Cerspen,

Thanks for the info. :)
In this case, means will need to let Nara see my eyes and overall features and then he'll decide.
Nara does epi but I'm very afraid of scarring for epi surgery, should be quite obvious cos cutting from the side right?

Anyway I do have a pic of my eyes in previous pages, maybe you had missed it. I measured the my eyes and length btw my eyes.
eyes estimated is 3.2cm and the length btw eyes is 3.5cm.
Esimtaed, really not easy to measure!
Below is the pic.
sorry for the lousy drawing. Hahaha :P

Would love to hear your views.
ps: please don't quote my pic, thanks! :)
Nothing against Nara here, don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen enough epi before and after pics that was done by Nara, so i don't know if he's any good at it. For dbl eyelid however, i have no doubt that he does pretty good dbl eyelids.

I'm sorry i didn't make it clear in the previous post. What i said about the distance between the eyes is only one aspect to it. The other aspect is the facial proportions. Take for instance someone with a broad face with big cheekbones versus another person with a slim face. Even if both of them had the same mathematical distance between their eyes, it will not appear that way - the slim face will look like the eyes are wide set whereas the broad face will look as though the eyes are close together. It's all about a balance/harmony in the facial proportions. Hope this makes it clear.

From your pic, i can't really tell if epi would be good for you. But if you plan to do your nose with dbl eyelids, i think you'd be pretty satisfied with the results, more than just pure epi + dbl eyelids

funkygirl

Post by funkygirl » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 4:29 pm

heys,, just wna ask, if im gna do rhino.. its a longterm maintenance compared to double eyelid? why must keep gg back for review? thanks in advance for answering my queries:P

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 6:20 pm

wow you are back after such a long hiatus.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sun, 25 Oct 2009 6:36 pm

cersepn wrote:Nothing against Nara here, don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen enough epi before and after pics that was done by Nara, so i don't know if he's any good at it. For dbl eyelid however, i have no doubt that he does pretty good dbl eyelids.

I'm sorry i didn't make it clear in the previous post. What i said about the distance between the eyes is only one aspect to it. The other aspect is the facial proportions. Take for instance someone with a broad face with big cheekbones versus another person with a slim face. Even if both of them had the same mathematical distance between their eyes, it will not appear that way - the slim face will look like the eyes are wide set whereas the broad face will look as though the eyes are close together. It's all about a balance/harmony in the facial proportions. Hope this makes it clear.

From your pic, i can't really tell if epi would be good for you. But if you plan to do your nose with dbl eyelids, i think you'd be pretty satisfied with the results, more than just pure epi + dbl eyelids
Thanks for your reply.
Hmmm, in this case. Only can wait till Nara see my eyes and assess them upon meeting him.

I know my nose is bad. As in no nose bridge, bulbous tip. :oops:
If do both nose and eyes together, I know the final results will be so much better.
But due to personal reasons, I don't want to touch my nose, at least as of now.

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

crazyhorse

help!

Post by crazyhorse » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 2:11 am

hi all im new here and im really keen on doing rhino and dbl eyelids but i do not know what to email the doctor about! pls guide me thru!

foxxie

Post by foxxie » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 3:07 pm

Hi i'm new here, I'm from Indonesia.
I really really want to get my nose done, i have a wide nose, and not so tall nose bridge,
my eyes are ok, i'm not chinese but more like a local Indonesian people with wither skin.

I'm looking for a good PS in Thailand.
i want a natural looking nose and a subtle result.
no HIGH bridge, and i don't want to go to narrow & pointy.,
I heard that Dr. Preecha is good, also Dr. Somyos Kunachak..,

Then i emailed them,
and finally, they replied my email
i got replies from both doctors, ( dr. preecha & somyos ),
it's weird cuz they reply the email in the same day ( yesterday ).

been waiting for almost a week.,
both PAI & Yoskarn suggested me to take rhinoplasty and alarplasty.,
i gave them my pictures so they can suggest the best procedure for me

Dr. Somyos replied my email,he said:

"You have a nice proninent forehead contour ,this make your nasal bridge appear relatively low.This traslate into the neccessity of using the implant. Thus the nose jobe involve.
a Tip plasty
b.L shape implant
c.Alarplasty
the price is $3500 usd include 2 night in our facility.
2.Your lower lip reduction is apporpriate ,however the upper may be your option ,since it is not that thick.
The cost for lower lip is $450 each under local anesthesia unless you combinded with nose surgery .We will do your lip surgery under gerneral anesthesia with the price $450 . Ohterwise if you prefer lip surgery under IV sedation the price is $800 usd with 1 night"

As for Dr. Preecha,
He costs me USD800 for Rhinoplasty
and USD 550 for Alarplasty.

why it's much cheaper than Dr. Somyos????
now i'm a bit confuse., cuz i want to safe money too., >.<

Is L-Shaped implant would be fine?
what i'm afraid of implants are:
1. i'm afraid it'll make my nose look too pointy..
2. my nose look unatural
3. hardness of nasal tip
4. n so on..
i'm actually happy with round tip which look more natural.. but more defined would be nice

here i give you my pic:

can anyone suggest what would look good and what's not?
i want a natural look, no fake looking, no HIGH bridge, a bit higher is ok..
anyone have some reference noses pictures that suits me well??

if you don't mind please share with me since i just started my research from now..
I really appreciate if you'd share some before-after photos.
please PM me or email me ( will give you my email by PM )

thanks before =D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:25 am

foxxie wrote:Hi i'm new here, I'm from Indonesia.
I really really want to get my nose done, i have a wide nose, and not so tall nose bridge,
my eyes are ok, i'm not chinese but more like a local Indonesian people with wither skin.

I'm looking for a good PS in Thailand.
i want a natural looking nose and a subtle result.
no HIGH bridge, and i don't want to go to narrow & pointy.,
I heard that Dr. Preecha is good, also Dr. Somyos Kunachak..,

Then i emailed them,
and finally, they replied my email
i got replies from both doctors, ( dr. preecha & somyos ),
it's weird cuz they reply the email in the same day ( yesterday ).

been waiting for almost a week.,
both PAI & Yoskarn suggested me to take rhinoplasty and alarplasty.,
i gave them my pictures so they can suggest the best procedure for me

Dr. Somyos replied my email,he said:

"You have a nice proninent forehead contour ,this make your nasal bridge appear relatively low.This traslate into the neccessity of using the implant. Thus the nose jobe involve.
a Tip plasty
b.L shape implant
c.Alarplasty
the price is $3500 usd include 2 night in our facility.
2.Your lower lip reduction is apporpriate ,however the upper may be your option ,since it is not that thick.
The cost for lower lip is $450 each under local anesthesia unless you combinded with nose surgery .We will do your lip surgery under gerneral anesthesia with the price $450 . Ohterwise if you prefer lip surgery under IV sedation the price is $800 usd with 1 night"

As for Dr. Preecha,
He costs me USD800 for Rhinoplasty
and USD 550 for Alarplasty.

why it's much cheaper than Dr. Somyos????
now i'm a bit confuse., cuz i want to safe money too., >.<

Is L-Shaped implant would be fine?
what i'm afraid of implants are:
1. i'm afraid it'll make my nose look too pointy..
2. my nose look unatural
3. hardness of nasal tip
4. n so on..
i'm actually happy with round tip which look more natural.. but more defined would be nice

here i give you my pic:

can anyone suggest what would look good and what's not?
i want a natural look, no fake looking, no HIGH bridge, a bit higher is ok..
anyone have some reference noses pictures that suits me well??

if you don't mind please share with me since i just started my research from now..
I really appreciate if you'd share some before-after photos.
please PM me or email me ( will give you my email by PM )

thanks before =D
u have a prominent forehead, so in my opinion, even with a high bridge, it'd still look natural for you :) you can always tell the PS not to extend ur tip too much. i think they are more afraid of ppl who wanna extend the tip a lot. if you dun even wanna extend at all, can opt for an I-shaped implant

I recommend a chin implant, will flatten you cheeks a bit and make your whole face slimmer and sharper.

and finally maybe reduce the upper lip a bit, so upper lip got more definition :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:36 am

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.