Singapore Expats

Married a Work Permit Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
grace fifi

Post by grace fifi » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:05 am

hihi, i got one question is if the MOM reject to approve the marriage of the work permit holder, then the couple cannot marry forever? or they can reapply again?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Depends on whether or not MOM gives them permission to marry. Applying and getting are two different things. It's possible that she had a problem in the past and may be no longer welcome here, or there could be some other blemish on her work record. There is no way of telling with the MOM. But I can guarantee you one thing. Get married without permission of the MOM and she'll never be allowed stay here. That much is fact.
grace fifi

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:08 am

Can reapply, but how successful, no idea. But if you marry first before asking, they will never say yes. Or I haven't heard of one yet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

grace fifi

Post by grace fifi » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:29 am

oh, okie!! so what if a work permit holder or trainee pass holder successfully get the permission of marriage from MOM, so they still can marry isnt it?
normally work permit trainee pass is for 6 months only, i got my work permit trainee pass in April 1st, and in july this year i wish to be further study so i register for advance diploma and turn back to school again continue on my study,so the trainee pass was cancelled and my school apply student pass for me again for my upgrading study, and after i completed my course i will be issued a work permit trainee pass again to work as a trainee for 6months, after that i can get my certificate, so for my case, after i graduate can i marry to my future hubby? or let say after i complete the attachment i no longer hold work permit trainee pass already,so do i still have to ask the MOM's permission before i marry a singaporean? can u help me and give me some suggestions?? and my future hubby is also planning get married with me now, so we started to worry....
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It would seem that you are not on a normal work permit as you initially led us to believe. You were on a training work permit which obviously they handle in a different way. Once you obtain (if you do) a normal WP then I would suspect the new permit would include the bit about getting permission. That or it's been recently changed.
grace fifi

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 6:57 am

For the last time. If you have written to MOM to get permission to get married and they have given you permission OR said you don't need permission BECAUSE you are on a Trainee OR Student Pass THEN YOU DON"T NEED ANY MORE PERMISSION.

HOWEVER! IF you eventually go to work here and are working on a NORMAL WORK PERMIT and you have still not gotten married, then you will need to ask them again as your situation is no longer the same.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

grace fifi

Post by grace fifi » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 4:04 pm

oh,i see!! so it means trainee pass is totally different case as the normal WORK PERMIT PASS right? thanks a lot for your information privided,
but im still very surprised about the policy even the ex-work permit holder still have to ask for permission first before marriage, for me,im a ex-trainee work permit pass holder ,but and im a ex-student pass holder as well, so am i the same as the ex-work permit holders that have to ask the permission from ICA first brfore i marry to a local?
:???:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:For the last time. If you have written to MOM to get permission to get married and they have given you permission OR said you don't need permission BECAUSE you are on a Trainee OR Student Pass THEN YOU DON"T NEED ANY MORE PERMISSION.

HOWEVER! IF you eventually go to work here and are working on a NORMAL WORK PERMIT and you have still not gotten married, the you will need to ask them again as your situation is no longer the same.

](*,)
grace fifi

grace fifi

Re: Work permit holder

Post by grace fifi » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 4:19 pm

hihi, so are u married to yr gf yet? or still waiting for the permission? what i heard from my friend said is if u marry without permission then they will never say YES, so must abtain the approval first before u can marry. so have u applied yr marriage application first before u and yr gf get married?
Calypso wrote:Thank You elizabeth for those imformation...ur very kind lady.
But Elizabeth....i think my case is a little bit different from those people...i'm actually the Boss of my wife....u see the story is like this she's holding a work permit as a domestic helper so its really2 hard for me to apply for married here in SINGAPORE....
grace fifi

grace fifi

Post by grace fifi » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 5:37 pm

hihi, im very sorry about your newphew's case, but i got one thing which is dun really understand that why dont your newphew last time apply for marriage first before he and his wife get married?? so that they wont get ban from MOM,so for a work permit holder marry singaporean once they submit the application for marriage if it is not approval then the work permit holder will be banned to enter in singapore?? or u marry without permission and applying from MOM then the work permit holder will be banned to enter singapore?? it seems so scary,once u submit the application for marriage to MOM whether it is successful or not the worker will be banned to enter singapore!! :shock: am i right? ot i misunderstand??
baddot wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:In the eyes of MOM, a WP is a WP pure and simple. Doesn't matter if she's a maid, or works as a beautician or is a welder in a shipyard. Also doesn't matter where or who she lives with. You can apply and probably should at least try as soon as possible. But the odds are against you. But if you marry without permission anyway, MOM and ICA will make your life a living hell as my Nephew & his wife can attest to..

Then again, you might get lucky. Who knows. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

sms

what about worse to worse case if the approval dosent get approved what should i do ? get married at malaysia ?
grace fifi

grace fifi

Re: Married a work permit holder

Post by grace fifi » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 5:59 pm

hihi,so what u know from MOM is as long as u submit your application for marriage to MOM if they dun approve then they will ban yr wife from entering SG? or u marry without their's permission then they will ban yr wife? if once u submit the application then it is not approved then the work permit holder will be banned then who dare to apply? i believe no one dares to apply the marriage ..it sounds so scary
Calypso wrote:Well....she have a good record....MP's can't do anything but to submit our application to MOM....and he say if they reject the application she will be Ban to Enter Singapore, might be Years and not conform if the application will approved after the BAN...and i did go to MOM to apply for married a work permit holder in SINGAPORE and asked them what r the things that make the application Rejected......They said its CONFIDENTIAL....its up to them to decide... so i did not apply.....Ok at this point i wanna ask....where is my RIGHTS again....!!!!!! i mean at least they tell me if u have this amount of salary then u can married or some clue u know....
grace fifi

shashalisa

Post by shashalisa » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 1:07 pm

if the singaporean wowan get pregnant, will MOM confirm grant the marriage to work permit holder ?

Thanks....

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 1:38 pm

shashalisa wrote:if the singaporean wowan get pregnant, will MOM confirm grant the marriage to work permit holder ?

Thanks....
No I shouldn't imagine so, why should they, everyone would be getting banged up, just to get permission, not a good idea

shashalisa

Post by shashalisa » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks. So if we register marriage in Malaysia, will his work permit in Singapore be revoke ?

Thanks again

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 3:22 pm

YES, more than likely, once they find out.

grace fifi

Post by grace fifi » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 9:47 pm

hihi,i got one question, if a work permit holder's contract with his/her comany is expired and after that the company is willing to continue on with him/her and will apply S pass for him/her, then after that the he/she (the ex-work permit holder) is successfully got her/his S pass, if this scenario happens,so does the S pass holder (but before was holding work permit) still have to obtain the approval from MOM before he/she marry a singaporean or PR? does anyone here can kindly check for me?thanks a lot
ksl wrote:
shashalisa wrote:if the singaporean wowan get pregnant, will MOM confirm grant the marriage to work permit holder ?

Thanks....
No I shouldn't imagine so, why should they, everyone would be getting banged up, just to get permission, not a good idea
grace fifi

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Post by smayrhofer » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 2:17 pm

How many times does it need to be repeated that

"IF YOU EVER WORKED HERE ON A NORMAL WP, YOU NEED PERMISSION TO MARRY"

before people stop asking the same question over and over again?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 2:41 pm

And the operative word here is "EVER" :???: #-o ](*,)