Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 6:47 pm

Anyone did their eyes with Dr Nara?

Does he give us a cream to apply on the stitches after the op or do we need to bring our own anti-inflammatory cream?

Another thing is I read cold compress eye pads helps to reduce the swolleness of the eyes.
The pads will need to be placed inside the fridge a few hours before using.
now this question comes to me, if we take out the cold compress pack from the fridge and apply to our eyes, the pack will have condesation which will make our eyes wet?
We're not supposed to let the stitches get wet right? :???:

Can anyone please advise?
Thanks

CNB

Post by CNB » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 8:30 pm

sasa05_ wrote:Anyone did their eyes with Dr Nara?

Does he give us a cream to apply on the stitches after the op or do we need to bring our own anti-inflammatory cream?

Another thing is I read cold compress eye pads helps to reduce the swolleness of the eyes.
now this question comes to me, if we take out the cold compress pack from the fridge and apply to our eyes, the pack will have condesation which will make our eyes wet?

Thanks
hi, yup i did epi and double eyelid with dr nara back in sept.
IIRC, he gave me 2 bottle of distilled water (correct me if im wrong) to clean the wound for my eyes and nose. Antibiotic and painkillers and a pack of cotton bud. So u might want to bring ur own anti-inflammatory cream, but probably seek his opinion.

Just a note, Dr nara method of epicanthoplasty will result in scarring unlike the korean ps method. Im still hoping it will heal as time goes by as im post-op 1mth+ atm. Anyone else that did epicanthoplasty with dr Nara can advise?

To answer ur next qns, alternate hot and cold compress will be more beneficial in reducing the swelling. What u can do is to place a clean cloth over ur eyes b4 applying the cold compress ontop of it.

crystallynn

Post by crystallynn » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 9:50 am

Greenies wrote:hi, i was introduce to this forum by a friend. it took me 2 days to finish off the whole thread. i always thought tht ps is only for those rich n famous. thanks to aadvark for this thread. i have a chance to change my life now. :D
i've pretty much decided that i will go to dr nara but he is pack all the way till dec. im hoping that i can do it asap coz im not working at the moment.. good time for recuperating at home. anybody planning of going to dr nara? im looking for buddies to plan and go together. first time here so need some courage. :oops: :lol:
Hey im interested to do breast augmentation in thailand.,, looking for travel mates to go with me. A little intimidating to go alone.. anyone interested? :)

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:06 am

EnvyMe wrote:
littlegreenyoda wrote:
EnvyMe wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm now 5weeks post op of lipo. Basically ALL bruises has gone already. Not as swollen. But I guess that is not swollen anymore?

My arms compression garment can't be worn anymore. I stop wearing them 2 and 1/2 weeks post op because my arms reduced alot thus, the garment became loose for me. I was adviced to get L size for arms garment but I insist taking M size. I should get S size.

Thigh n tummy garment( 1 piece), stop wearing them 3weeks post op. Same thing, I should get smaller size! I think garment should get thighter than your normal size for best compression. Wearing just nice doesnt help much.

The treated area has lots of lumps, big and small. Don't know when will go away?I guess after the lumps go away my treated area would go down more?? Not very sure can anyone advice me on this?

For my arms, there's no more lumps already, but still feeling numb, heard that the numbness will go away a few more months later..

well, my arms had quite a hard time for me. Why? becos when i meet up with my frens, they tend to hit my arms and say "hey~!" something like that. and i have to act as normal but actually its fking pain!! LOL!

My brother who used to grab my flabby arms becos he said he had never touch such flabby arms like me, like tofu, continues to GRAB my arms!!! DAMN!

Its really painful when ppl hit, touch, grab etc.. but now, i guess its fine already.

Once, my friend accidentally push my arm, very light only but my reaction was like OUCH! and they look at me stunned. hai. but i also canot tell them i went lipo ma. So have to tolerate lo. Just something funny to share for doing arm lipo.

As for the rest, tummy lumps is the worst. How to treat them? Massage? what kind of massage?

By the way, for my arms, Dr nara didn't touch on the part near armpit. So i emailed them and they ask me to send them the picture of my arms. just sent them and see what they say. duno if they will redo my arms for free?

I'm going back to do the rest of my thigh and calves, they allow me to do my calves. Ning squeezed my calves and say i have enough fats to do so. SO HAPPY!

Ok, but I not sure when going back to do. not much leave. This time i guess i will stay in Indra hotel? Leegarden plaza, lobby floor is damn smelly, to me and my bf.

Transport wise, gonna take tiger when they resume the flight directly to hatyai!!
Hi EnvyMe,

I also planning to do my arms with Dr Nara and my main prob is the armpit fats, means he did not help u remove the armpit fats?

Does ur arm bruised really badly? Have to wear longsleeve and cardigan all the time?

I also do not wish to let people around me know that i went for arm lipo, and they love to touch me too!!!! :mad:
Hi, ya he didnt touch on the armpit area, maybe you have to tell him the concern areas of the arms and he will explain it to you. my arms did bruised but not very badly, maybe its the help f Sineech.

I wore the compression garments al the time and when gg out, i will wear cardigans always to cover the garment area. =) at times wil get very hot if the weather is hot!!! or i walk to much n sweat.

but no choice, ai swee is like that. must suffer awhile to gain the beauty u want..
Hahaha!

Thanks envyme!

Btw, where u got your Sineech tablets from???

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:17 pm

CNB wrote:hi, yup i did epi and double eyelid with dr nara back in sept.
IIRC, he gave me 2 bottle of distilled water (correct me if im wrong) to clean the wound for my eyes and nose. Antibiotic and painkillers and a pack of cotton bud. So u might want to bring ur own anti-inflammatory cream, but probably seek his opinion.

Just a note, Dr nara method of epicanthoplasty will result in scarring unlike the korean ps method. Im still hoping it will heal as time goes by as im post-op 1mth+ atm. Anyone else that did epicanthoplasty with dr Nara can advise?

To answer ur next qns, alternate hot and cold compress will be more beneficial in reducing the swelling. What u can do is to place a clean cloth over ur eyes b4 applying the cold compress ontop of it.
Hi CNB, thanks for your reply. :)

I'm intending to do double eyelids with Dr. Nara.
I already have double eyelids but they're hidden under my fat and puffy eyelids. :lol:
I'll bring my anti-inflammatory cream along and show to Dr. Nara.
But i think most probably he'll say no need loh. Hahaha. :P

When u use the distilled water to clean, is it very painful and feels raw?
How many days we need to have the stitches on for double eyelids?
I read some said 5, some said 7. :???:

As for the hot & cold compress, even if put a clean cloth of top of our eyes before we put the pack, the water still will get through the cloth and make the eyes wet? very confused on how to go about it. :???:
CNB, to your experience, after how many days after the double eyelids op can we start the hot/cold compress?
Or we can start direct after op when we reach back in hotel?

Thanks for your advice. :)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:57 pm

Hi sasa05,

It should be saline solution for the eyes, not distilled water. My sis's going to Dr Jong in Taipei for her levator & double eyelid so I translated the after care for her.

1) First day after op, for 6 hrs, try to open your eyes, look up, no cold compress, try to sit up. take painkiller every 4 to 6 hrs, apply ointment twice a day, morning, nite.

2) 2/3 days cold compress to remove swell, pain.

3) after 3rd day, hot compress for blood circulation, reduce bruises.
The Cold/hot compress is for 30 min, rest 30 min interval.

4) Keep dry, after remove stitches then put makeup, touch water.

5) eye area bruises will be gone in 1 to 2 weeks time.

6) 3 days later, if ok, can wear contact lens.

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 1:44 pm

CNB wrote:
sasa05_ wrote:Anyone did their eyes with Dr Nara?

Thanks
hi, yup i did epi and double eyelid with dr nara back in sept.

hi CNB, im thinking of doing epi oso. how is the scarring like? will it eventually heal n be gone? do u mind pm me ur pic?

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 1:45 pm

crystallynn wrote:
Greenies wrote:hi, i was introduce to this forum by a friend. it took me 2 days to finish off the whole thread. i always thought tht ps is only for those rich n famous. thanks to aadvark for this thread. i have a chance to change my life now. :D
i've pretty much decided that i will go to dr nara but he is pack all the way till dec. im hoping that i can do it asap coz im not working at the moment.. good time for recuperating at home. anybody planning of going to dr nara? im looking for buddies to plan and go together. first time here so need some courage. :oops: :lol:
Hey im interested to do breast augmentation in thailand.,, looking for travel mates to go with me. A little intimidating to go alone.. anyone interested? :)
which doc u planning to go to? im set on dr nara at the moment.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 4:45 pm

Hi envyme,

heh heh, great minds think alike, u're very fast & responsive. :wink:

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 6:56 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi sasa05,

It should be saline solution for the eyes, not distilled water. My sis's going to Dr Jong in Taipei for her levator & double eyelid so I translated the after care for her.

1) First day after op, for 6 hrs, try to open your eyes, look up, no cold compress, try to sit up. take painkiller every 4 to 6 hrs, apply ointment twice a day, morning, nite.

2) 2/3 days cold compress to remove swell, pain.

3) after 3rd day, hot compress for blood circulation, reduce bruises.
The Cold/hot compress is for 30 min, rest 30 min interval.

4) Keep dry, after remove stitches then put makeup, touch water.

5) eye area bruises will be gone in 1 to 2 weeks time.

6) 3 days later, if ok, can wear contact lens.
Hi Angelfern, thanks for your notes.
not too clear about some of them, need some clarifications.

1) Think Dr Nara only does the ops in evening or night so when finished and back in hotel, most probably time to sleep. :oops:
The ointment you're refering to is the saline solution or cream? :???:
As CNB mentioned, Nara doesn't give cream, I'll need ask if i can use the anti-inflammatory cream which I'll bring along.

2) You mean only after 2/3 days then can start use cold compress? :o

3) Can give me more info on hot/cold compress?
Can't catch this part. Means hot compress 30mins? Then rest half hour then cold compress 30mins and so on?

4) How many days then can remove the stitches?

5) I'll be back in office 9 days time from the day i do my eyes. So worried the bruises won't be gone by then. Somemore boss today tell me co. have a big event on 21 and 22 nov. I'll need to go help out. :o
the 1st thing that came to my mind was envyme's case. Other colleagues will start slapping me on my arms. And I'll keep bouncing into ppl as it'll be quite packed (i'll be going for lipo at the same time) Wahahaha :lol:

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:54 pm

Hi sasa05,

ha ha, very sorry, translated directly from the chinese text. typed too quickly.
If Nara doesn't provide ointment, maybe try buying from GP or pharmacy?
just be thick skin & say u'll need it for eyelid surgery.

1) The saline solution is for cleaning the eyes, in that case, it will be wet, how to maintain dry area? maybe u've to check with nara.

2) Dr Jong's advice is first day of op don't apply cold compress, apply cold compress on 2nd and 3rd day for 30 min, rest 30min interval. After 3rd day, apply hot compress, same duration.

Definitely not apply both cold & hot compress together.

3) i'm not sure nara will remove stitches on which day. 5th day? U've to check with him.

Bruises should clear in a week, especially if u take sineech but as the eyes are very sensitive, it's the swelling that u've to be careful. people can tell there's a difference. Buy a black rim spectacle, start wearing it in the office now, let your colleagues get used to it, hopefully can camouflage a bit.

Be prepared u'll encounter kay poh aunties who'll ask u in your face " You did your eyes ah?" :o

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 9:16 am

angelfern wrote:Hi sasa05,

ha ha, very sorry, translated directly from the chinese text. typed too quickly.
If Nara doesn't provide ointment, maybe try buying from GP or pharmacy?
just be thick skin & say u'll need it for eyelid surgery.

1) The saline solution is for cleaning the eyes, in that case, it will be wet, how to maintain dry area? maybe u've to check with nara.

2) Dr Jong's advice is first day of op don't apply cold compress, apply cold compress on 2nd and 3rd day for 30 min, rest 30min interval. After 3rd day, apply hot compress, same duration.

Definitely not apply both cold & hot compress together.

3) i'm not sure nara will remove stitches on which day. 5th day? U've to check with him.

Bruises should clear in a week, especially if u take sineech but as the eyes are very sensitive, it's the swelling that u've to be careful. people can tell there's a difference. Buy a black rim spectacle, start wearing it in the office now, let your colleagues get used to it, hopefully can camouflage a bit.

Be prepared u'll encounter kay poh aunties who'll ask u in your face " You did your eyes ah?" :o
Oh, no no... I'm grateful for all advices and tips given and shared by all.
Ok, i now get it on the cold/hot compress part.
2nd and 3rd day cold compress.
4th day onwards hot compress.
Each is half hr and rest half hr.

Actually I went to my family doc 1 week ago to stock up on my meds for vomitting, diarrhea etc. I told him I'm direct going for lipo and double eyelids overseas and i requessted an anti-inflammatory cream from him too. However, he said the surgeon will issue. At that point of time, I didnt know if Dr Nara does issue or not so i didn't insist on gettng a tube of it.

The current tube of anti-inflammatory cream I have is issued by my co. doc when I had a bad reaction to an insect bite 2 weeks back, I don't know if this cream will be suitable or not. But anti-inflammatory cream is to stop the wound from getting infected so I think the purpose should be the same? Nevertheless, I'll be going to pharmacy and try to get a tube from the pharmacist this evening.

My eyelids are swollen everyday. :oops:
Colleagues ever commented enough sleep or not, my eyelids also swollen. I hope my colleagues don't notice! :lol:

As for kay poh aunties, most probably, i'll laugh in their faces and say "yalor! i did my eyes leh!" wahahahah~ :lol:

Oh, btw, when i tell my doc I'll be going overseas for lipo and eyes, he ask me "thailand?" hahaha :P

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 9:43 am

yeah, that's the spirit.

When I did mine last time, I was very shy & try to avoid looking at people directly. so they will purposely tease me. The attitude should be forthright then they got nothing to smirk about. When u deny or come up with excuses, they'll continue to haunt u.

Look at felicia & tian niu. When xiao S asked tian niu what she had done, she replied "from top to toe", ha ha, that shut the host up.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:04 am

Ok, I read through past posts again for info on eyes.
Long read again! hahaha :lol:
Realised that for at least 2 cases, Dr Nara suggested epi to be done together with blepharoplasty.I'm actually only looking at blepharoplasty.

Read Aadvark's post that if we do not have an epi fold then we do not need do epi.

Can anyone advise me?
Seems like the healing for epi is quite long.
Those who had epi done, how's the healing and scarring like?
Below is the pic of my eyes.
Please ignore my non-existant nose bridge. Hahaha :P

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:18 am

angelfern wrote:yeah, that's the spirit.

When I did mine last time, I was very shy & try to avoid looking at people directly. so they will purposely tease me. The attitude should be forthright then they got nothing to smirk about. When u deny or come up with excuses, they'll continue to haunt u.

Look at felicia & tian niu. When xiao S asked tian niu what she had done, she replied "from top to toe", ha ha, that shut the host up.
when I 1st decided to go for PS, there were many worries, fears, uncerrtainities etc.
I ask 1 of my besties, am I doing the wrong thing?
All she said was "It's your life, you only live once"
That was the sentence that put everything in place.
When we were having dinner last week, I was telling her I'm still feeling afraid of the outcome, esp for lipo as I don't have good skin elasticity, she said "do already come back then say"

You know, I'm really grateful for these few best friends who don't judge.
Everyone should have at least 1 of such people in our lives! :wink: