Singapore Expats

Basal racism in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 3:56 pm

vbelle wrote:what curious me is that..if the boy is 10/12..why didnt he feel embarrassed?
I think addadude was having a laugh, vbelle. :)

'nuff said Image

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:30 pm

econoMIC wrote:Good rant Vaucluse. Unfortunately a rather pointless rant. It was outside Compass Point and the nearest toilet was (I am not joking) 30 seconds away. She had just walked past it on her way out! There is no way you can justify this.
As an exercise for future challenges justify this one. A friend of mine, living few years back in Mayfair condo (Jurong West) told me this story. He was sitting in the pool when a Chinese guy with a small kid (~5y or so) came to the pool, put down the kid's shorts and the kid started to pee to the pool. My friend asked him politely "WTF you think you're doing?" and got the answer: {voice tone="complete surprise"}but this is just a child!{/voice}

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:47 pm

OK, I can top it.

I was a Paris Silk at Holland Village a few weeks ago. A western family (accent was Swiss, French? hard to say and not really relevant, probably not Singaporean though and certainly not Asian) was there with their little girl, she was maybe 3.

She kept tugging on her mother's hem and asking her something, but her mother was preoccupied shopping for a camera until finally, you guessed... she peed all over the floor, the girl, not the mother. Mom looks down, sees what's happening, doesn't break her dialogue to the sales clerk, keeps talking, shouts over to husband who is at the other end of the store, and keeps dickering over the details of the camera. Daughter is now standing in a sizable puddle.

Two other shoppers have now tracked urine through the store, one almost slipped in it.... The woman didn't ask her husband to come and take the child and clean her up, or find someone with a mop & paper towels, she asked him how much memory was in their old camera. Their daughter has just urinated all over the floor of a retail establishment, is near tears with embarrassment but no, our top priority is the size of our former memory card.

More people track urine through the store, one woman says something outloud after finding her designer shoes in human waste and says 'oh my god' ~ then and only then does the mother say something like: can you clean this up? My girl peed on your floor. How do I turn off the autoflash? Here's an idea~ why don't YOU clean it up you self-possessed wretched excuse for a parent?

I'm sorry, what was this thread about?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:09 am

econoMIC wrote:
Good rant Vaucluse. Unfortunately a rather pointless rant. It was outside Compass Point and the nearest toilet was (I am not joking) 30 seconds away. She had just walked past it on her way out! There is no way you can justify this. You children or not. If there is a toilet 20 metres around the corner it should be possible to not urinate where people walk (the drain was in the middle of the sidewalk) and instead walk the 20 metres to the loo. The boy was 10 or 12 by my reckoning. At that age children should have the bladder control to keep it in five more minutes, or in this case 30 more seconds.
So you call my post a rant and you come up with that?

Yes, we will believe you that the boy was 10 or 12 . . . sure he wasn't 16 or 17 and the drain ran alongside the toilet wall?

So, you justify telling off a woman, in front of her son, for offending your sensibilities and your perception of what is necessary or not?

And this coming form the same person who wrote in the same thread:
you should have put a nice "lurgie" in between his eyebrows and should have started shouting "you frigging communist, Singapore will never adopt communism you China man" while waving your arms violently. That would have been an eye for an eye.
Bloody legend, mate . . .
How disgusting is that I said to my wife.
Did she get all woozy at her he-man bullying a woman? Did you get a bit of slap and tickle that night, seeing as you were filled to the brim with testosterone?

I've lived in many countries and have seen far more repulsive behaviour than anything mentioned here . . .

Try any city in Holland for the odd dog-shit-dodging, vomit-skipping, adults pissing on church walls in plain sight . . .

Go on, you bloody legend, tell off a 6'5 Dutchman . . . friggin' weasel

'nuff said Image

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 4:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
econoMIC wrote:
Good rant Vaucluse. Unfortunately a rather pointless rant. It was outside Compass Point and the nearest toilet was (I am not joking) 30 seconds away. She had just walked past it on her way out! There is no way you can justify this. You children or not. If there is a toilet 20 metres around the corner it should be possible to not urinate where people walk (the drain was in the middle of the sidewalk) and instead walk the 20 metres to the loo. The boy was 10 or 12 by my reckoning. At that age children should have the bladder control to keep it in five more minutes, or in this case 30 more seconds.

Yes, we will believe you that the boy was 10 or 12 . . . sure he wasn't 16 or 17 and the drain ran alongside the toilet wall?

So, you justify telling off a woman, in front of her son, for offending your sensibilities and your perception of what is necessary or not?

you should have put a nice "lurgie" in between his eyebrows and should have started shouting "you frigging communist, Singapore will never adopt communism you China man" while waving your arms violently. That would have been an eye for an eye.
Did she get all woozy at her he-man bullying a woman? Did you get a bit of slap and tickle that night, seeing as you were filled to the brim with testosterone?

I've lived in many countries and have seen far more repulsive behaviour than anything mentioned here . . .

Try any city in Holland for the odd dog-shit-dodging, vomit-skipping, adults pissing on church walls in plain sight . . .

Hey mister judge me based on one post. My reply about the lurgie was a joke, too bad you don't get that. It is great you can put people down based on a situation you didn't even witness. Get of your high horse. Great that you saw people shitting and urinating all over the place in many countries. I don't care about that though. Please keep in mind that the drain the boy urinated onto was on a walkway used by thousands of people, right in front of the entrance door of a residential unit everybody has to step onto when they enter and leave. If you don't mind stepping into faecal matter ever time you enter your home be my guest. It is just sad that you assume the way I spoke to the lady was in an aggressive manner. Pretty sad that this is the only way of communication you know it seems. So please, stop being so full of yourself.

One last thing: please don't compare a 12 year old boy with a dog. That is disgusting.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

barney11

Post by barney11 » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 4:43 pm

x9200 wrote:
econoMIC wrote:Good rant Vaucluse. Unfortunately a rather pointless rant. It was outside Compass Point and the nearest toilet was (I am not joking) 30 seconds away. She had just walked past it on her way out! There is no way you can justify this.
As an exercise for future challenges justify this one. A friend of mine, living few years back in Mayfair condo (Jurong West) told me this story. He was sitting in the pool when a Chinese guy with a small kid (~5y or so) came to the pool, put down the kid's shorts and the kid started to pee to the pool. My friend asked him politely "WTF you think you're doing?" and got the answer: {voice tone="complete surprise"}but this is just a child!{/voice}
Urine tastes good in swimming pool water. Something about the combination of chlorine and urea.....yummmmmmmmm

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 1:27 pm

road.not.taken wrote:OK, I can top it.

I was a Paris Silk at Holland Village a few weeks ago. A western family (accent was Swiss, French? hard to say and not really relevant, probably not Singaporean though and certainly not Asian) was there with their little girl, she was maybe 3.

She kept tugging on her mother's hem and asking her something, but her mother was preoccupied shopping for a camera until finally, you guessed... she peed all over the floor, the girl, not the mother. Mom looks down, sees what's happening, doesn't break her dialogue to the sales clerk, keeps talking, shouts over to husband who is at the other end of the store, and keeps dickering over the details of the camera. Daughter is now standing in a sizable puddle.

Two other shoppers have now tracked urine through the store, one almost slipped in it.... The woman didn't ask her husband to come and take the child and clean her up, or find someone with a mop & paper towels, she asked him how much memory was in their old camera. Their daughter has just urinated all over the floor of a retail establishment, is near tears with embarrassment but no, our top priority is the size of our former memory card.

More people track urine through the store, one woman says something outloud after finding her designer shoes in human waste and says 'oh my god' ~ then and only then does the mother say something like: can you clean this up? My girl peed on your floor. How do I turn off the autoflash? Here's an idea~ why don't YOU clean it up you self-possessed wretched excuse for a parent?

I'm sorry, what was this thread about?
Ok, I can top that. A few years ago my husband peed into our laundry basket.

Oh, are we talking about the locals?
Just me

DazzleBabe

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 1:36 pm

I once saw a kid poop into a storm drain which is right in front of a train station exit :shit:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 2:11 pm

econoMIC wrote:
Hey mister judge me based on one post.

Well, it is the reply you gave.

My reply about the lurgie was a joke,

Ah, yes. In retrospect it was a joke . . . of course it was as no reasonable person would advocate that . . . emphasis on 'reasonable'.

One last thing: please don't compare a 12 year old boy with a dog. That is disgusting.
Is this really the last thing? I somehow doubt it. You make the comparison between dogs and children, I made the comparison between manners and habits in different countries . . . Are you from Melbourne by any chance?

'nuff said Image

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 3:25 pm

dazzlebabe wrote: Ok, I can top that. A few years ago my husband peed into our laundry basket.
No, not really.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 2:19 am

econoMIC wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
econoMIC wrote:

Hey mister judge me based on one post. My reply about the lurgie was a joke, too bad you don't get that. It is great you can put people down based on a situation you didn't even witness. Get of your high horse. Great that you saw people shitting and urinating all over the place in many countries. I don't care about that though. Please keep in mind that the drain the boy urinated onto was on a walkway used by thousands of people, right in front of the entrance door of a residential unit everybody has to step onto when they enter and leave. If you don't mind stepping into faecal matter ever time you enter your home be my guest. It is just sad that you assume the way I spoke to the lady was in an aggressive manner. Pretty sad that this is the only way of communication you know it seems. So please, stop being so full of yourself.

Okay you two, time out, kiss and make up, you remind me of myself and SE :lol: :P

I've just censored my own post, becuase of my own feelings towards the diffences of culture and understanding of pyschological profileing, I got carried away explaining and giving examples. When clearly there is just a difference of opinion., though one has a fishing rod. and the other one bites.
Life is a very complicated role and most people choose their paths at a young age, the paths they follow don't ever work out, which results in conflicts, I chose to be the rebel, to be free of any bonds in my life, even though i signed for a 22 year contract, for me that was a life of travel and escape from my environment, without the thought of real war. To think you two should continue your misunderstandings for the fun of the forum is a little downgrading.Though V is connected to the Big NK, I request he comes to the table of talks. 02.44 a.m just to let you know I'm opening another can :lol:
:roll: :roll: I thought about an intelligent discussion and realised life is not so intelligent, after all, if you drink Barons you are just in another world, beside the point I want to make is you two need to stop the tit for tat rubbish. I can easy guess there is a big difference in experience
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 29 Oct 2009 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 2:39 am

x9200 wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote: Ok, I can top that. A few years ago my husband peed into our laundry basket.
No, not really.
I actually missed the post because i was so involved in my own vendetta :lol: . To pee in the laundry basket is not uncommon for intoxitcated men, women would have a much harder time to explain the incident:lol: Trust me i know what i am talking about, women will just drop their panties and do it! Yes I have seen strangers do it
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 29 Oct 2009 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 3:08 am

Vaucluse wrote:
econoMIC wrote:
Hey mister judge me based on one post.

Well, it is the reply you gave.

My reply about the lurgie was a joke,

Ah, yes. In retrospect it was a joke . . . of course it was as no reasonable person would advocate that . . . emphasis on 'reasonable'.

Is this really the last thing? I somehow doubt it. You make the comparison between dogs and children, I made the comparison between manners and habits in different countries . . . Are you from Melbourne by any chance?
ksl likes this!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 9:39 am

KSL also not from Melbourne? :)

'nuff said Image

alexious

Post by alexious » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 6:32 pm

Racism is just wrong!

Racism is an act of ignorance.
No Limits.