Singapore Expats

face reshaping which doctor to go to?

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
lorelei

Post by lorelei » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 6:13 pm

Hmm. I wanted to do nose/eyes but Dr Pat told me to do Chin as well. Is it better to do surgery by surgery so you can see the effect before deciding what to do on the next? Or it is okay to do everything at one go and feel so uber depressed at your ugly face for the next 2 weeks?

Route2Perfection

BEWARE of FAKE Dr. Charan

Post by Route2Perfection » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:50 am

Dear all, BEWARE of FAKE DR CHARAN corresponding from [email protected]

I had just called up Bumrungrad International Hospital @ BKK at 10.20am. I wanted to speak to Dr. Charan but was being informed that Dr. Charan is not in the hospital until 16 Apr 09.

The reason i called up was because i have received suspicious emails from FAKE Dr. Charan responding from [email protected].

The nurse had informed me that Dr. Charan doesn't use this email to correspond with his patients. She also informed me that the doctor wouldn't request the patients to send money over.

What cause the suspicious was those words in RED, how can a doctor correspond differently in each email? Did he know it is unethical to do so especially with email?

Also why the hurry?

He didn't even reply me those info i request.

I had posted the emails

Re: Zygoma, mandible reduction
Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:46 AM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Dr. Charan Mahatumarat" <dr>
To:
Wei King Lim <weiking55>

Dont get me wrong, as you have to make the $1,850 USD available has the half payment of the Zygoma, mandible reduction. You will have to be in the hospital for a week. Now i believe you understand me. If you are ready you can get back to me.

Dr.Charan

--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Wei King Lim <weiking55> wrote:

Subject: Re: Zygoma, mandible reduction
To: "Dr. Charan Mahatumarat" <dr>
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 10:27 AM

Hello Doctor Charan,

I haven't plan to go to which doctor yet. Right now i am still sourcing around.

I would be comfortable if you can provide info- procedure, post-surgery cares, recovering period, etc. Money is not an issue.

You have quoted U$3000 just for zygoma reduction, now you are giving me U$1850 for both surgeries. Very hard to believe this offer.

--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Dr. Charan Mahatumarat <dr> wrote:

To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 3:53 PM

Dear Wei King,

The total amount $1,850 USD is for the both zygoma & mandible surgery, i will contact you as soon as i am back next week, but to let you know you have to pay half payment before Monday because i have to book you as i have also some other patient also waiting for me to return, Let me know if you are ready to pay the half payment, so i will forward you details you need to transfer the money through Western Union.

Dr.Charan

--- On Tue, 4/14/09, Wei King Lim <weiking55> wrote:

To: "Dr. Charan Mahatumarat" <dr>
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 7:29 PM

Dear Dr. Charan,

Kindly contact me when you return next Monday.

Is US$1850 for 1 surgery or both zygoma & mandible surgery?

Many thanks, MS

--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Dr. Charan Mahatumarat <dr> wrote:

To: Wei King Lim <weiking55>
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 6:37 AM

I got all your messages , right now I'm in United kingdom for a doctoring program , we have to go through the zygoma & mandible reduction and if you ready for the smaller & refine face you will have to pay $1,850 USD. I will be back next week monday, let me know if you ready for the smaller & refine face because you have to make half payment and when i return i will forward you address so you can come with your x-ray. I will wait to hear from you.

Dr.. Charan

--- On Sat, 4/11/09, Wei King Lim <weiking55> wrote:

Subject: Zygoma, mandible reduction
To: [email protected]
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009, 9:39 AM

Dear Dr. Charan,

I have just sent an email to the hospital general email. I managed to get your email in a forum.

I want a smaller & refine face, therefore i am looking at zygoma & mandible reduction procedure.

Kindly give me your utmost honest opinion on the essential procedure to achieve the small & refine face i want.

Kindly also let me know how much is the cost for essential procedure, the post-surgery cares, etc.

Many thanks, Wei King

yume1984

Dr.Charan's address

Post by yume1984 » Fri, 28 Aug 2009 8:15 pm

Route2Perfection
Hi,I just read your post about fake Dr.Charan.
I wonder if someone is hijacking his yahoo mail address as
that is the address I was provided by him last year.
And the email itself was sent from his original chula uni address.
I haven't sent email back to him afterwards though...

Did you have your procedure done by him ?
Was everything OK with you?

Route2Perfection

Post by Route2Perfection » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:02 pm

Hi beautiful,

I have decided to go to Korea for my facial reduction surgery as the surgery is considered as a major surgery. I do not want to redo this surgery should anything goes wrong.

As it is more expensive for zygomatic reduction & v-line (mandible shaping) costs about S$15,000. So i will only go to Korea after i save up the money.

Facial reduction surgery is one of the most common surgeries in Korea. So since the Thai surgeon is also charging quite expensive about U$6K = S$9K for the facial surgery, i might as well to go the top surgeon in Korea.

I will only go to Korea in mid of 2010 as i am busy in 1st quarter of the year.

I will update the surgery once it is done.

:D

wondergirl

face reshaping dr charan

Post by wondergirl » Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:10 pm

Hi, Jamie,
may i know how's the result of your surgery with Dr. charan?
im planning to visit him too
pls reply
thank you!

jamie82 wrote:Littlepills: I'm going to thailand for my surgery in late August. I chose Dr. Charan Mahatumarat who's apparently a renowned craniofacial surgeon and trains alot of bone work doctors over there.

He's cheaper than the Taiwan and Korean docs, mainly due to the cheaper accomodation and things in thailand, but the sugery would set me back $3000 USD.

Kinda nervous though. :? Have you chose your surgeon yet?

Anyways one of his research journals:
Reduction malarplasty without external incision: a simple technique (2004).
http://www.galenicom.com/en/medline/article/12925859

wondergirl

korea face reshaping

Post by wondergirl » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:12 am

Hi guys,
im going to see Dr.park from ID hospital. for consultation. Apparently he is very famous for face bone surgery.
Will update when i come back!

Btw, will also meet 2 other doctors for eye surgery

Dr. Charan is good, my frd did it and was natural. but i still prefer to go for korean doctor.

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 3:22 pm

does anyone has any good links to face reshaping info?

cos , i have a problem with my face, but i cant really tell what is it.

at first, i thought it was the wrong jaw bite , so I approached a maxillofacial surgeon and asked advice if I should perform a jaw surgery, and he said that my bite is only borderline and that its not recommended for me to do a jaw surgery.

so im really confused what i should do
08:midriff,thighs,arms vaser|face lipodissolve@TLC 09:lasik@PSLC|ceremic braces@alfred cheng|lipo revision@medan NEXT:lipo@medan|jaw@winston tan|nose@bk

wondergirl

Post by wondergirl » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 5:44 pm

dreampotion wrote:does anyone has any good links to face reshaping info?

cos , i have a problem with my face, but i cant really tell what is it.

at first, i thought it was the wrong jaw bite , so I approached a maxillofacial surgeon and asked advice if I should perform a jaw surgery, and he said that my bite is only borderline and that its not recommended for me to do a jaw surgery.

so im really confused what i should do
hi dreampotion,
is cheek , thigh lipo really effective?

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:23 am

aa :?
Last edited by jamie82 on Tue, 27 Oct 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 20 Oct 2009 7:12 pm

thank u jamie!

im thinking of going to dr charan to do jaws or perhaps my browbone reduciton.

when i went to his clinic, it was packed.. and i did some ground interviews, the people said that yanhee hospital they dont know what it is. They only know bumungrad and bangmod. they say bangmod and dr charan are gd and known in thailand for plastic!

and i saw a girl came out with fake bandaged eyelids haha

ahshake86

where u did it

Post by ahshake86 » Sat, 03 Apr 2010 1:15 pm

rosegarden wrote:Hi~ Juz wanna share my exp with all who is interested in face reshaping... I did vaser lipo for my jaw area last Dec and the results are pretty gd. Can see that my side profile has slim down quite drastically. Now i wanna do my cheeks as my cheeks are still quite flabby. The doc doesn't do vaser lipo for the cheeks but he does cheek argumentation. Meaning he will transfer a small portion of yr fats fr other parts of yr body and inject it to yr face to create a more sculpted look. Anyone did cheek argumentation before? Pls share... Thanz!

is it very cosy to do face vaser lipo

summerpeach

Post by summerpeach » Sun, 02 May 2010 11:16 pm

hey peeps

Have read quite alot from this forum but I still cant absorb the surgeries regarding jaw shaping.. seems complicated and quite worried about the complications.

But I still desired a better face shape than my current square jaws and chubby cheeks.

I was wondering from your experiences if botox is able to change the face shape and contour?

I went to alexis for botox 1.5 years ago and did 3 jabs one month after the other.
I personally do not find much changes but there are people who commented I lost weight when they did not know I did botox.

I did not go back after a year for my maintenance jab as the doc raised the price as it was a promotional price that period and it was after that when I realised he used dysport and I fing the jabs quite uncomfy(I think it was just me?). So I was thinking of trying botox to see if any difference.

I just tried at cosmo with dr ho but till now 1.5weeks still no difference. His method was different. I have only a jab on each side instead of a few.
I was wondering if technique matters?

Can any of you advise me?
Do you think dr puah from amaris b, dr david loh or dr calvin chan will ensure desired results?
Or any doctors you would recommend?

Having quite a heachache from so much options on the Net and yet not knowing whats best for myself...

Thanks in advance..

Gentleprincess

Face contour

Post by Gentleprincess » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:57 am

Can someone advise who is a reliable doctor to go to for face contour. I mean to make the face sharper. Dr Charan? Anyone tried and is happy with the result. What method did he use?

buttersparks

Post by buttersparks » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:31 pm

mondayhue wrote:Wondering is there anyone who is considering to go to thailand for cosmetic surgery in like 2 yrs time... maybe can go tgt... as much as I wanted to go alone, the idea of having surgery alone in a foreign country just freak me out... perhaps I didnt even have any experience to begin with... :-|
Hi

If you're still keen on going to Thai for PS do let me know. I'm finding companion haha. Thanks a lot!

[email protected]

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular

Post by ahappycamper » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 5:20 pm

buttersparks wrote:
mondayhue wrote:Wondering is there anyone who is considering to go to thailand for cosmetic surgery in like 2 yrs time... maybe can go tgt... as much as I wanted to go alone, the idea of having surgery alone in a foreign country just freak me out... perhaps I didnt even have any experience to begin with... :-|
Hi

If you're still keen on going to Thai for PS do let me know. I'm finding companion haha. Thanks a lot!

[email protected]
hey butters, I am going to Hatyai and Thailand this month. I'm not sure if it will be in the middle or end of February. I don't realy want to be alone though because I don't know a thing there so I'd love to have a companion! I sent you an email.