Singapore Expats

Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sumeelaks143

Post by sumeelaks143 » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 3:00 pm

no reply 4.5 month .....

dhaka

Facing Interview By ICA for PR nearly 6 months later.

Post by dhaka » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 9:48 am

Dear all,
Does any one here submitted family details for PR after 3 months to the ICA then called for interview nearly 6 months later, upon facing interview left one month+ in total 7 months going on, does any one have experience like this, please advice, will highly appreciate for your opinion.
Thanks to all.
love

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:20 am

It would appear that both ICA and MOM are tightening up immigration and visa requirements. This is probably a way for them to see if you are serious about your desires and it's also a way for them to do some more serious vetting considering the lowering of their standards over the past 10 years or so. We haven't been here before so we don't know for sure. What we do know it that they HAVE gone public with the fact that they ARE tightening up in response to overwhelming grouses from the local population in view of the economic outlook and the current foreign density already here. This has also affected those trying to come here and set up one-man companies in order to obtain residency visa as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:38 am

My friends were granted PR status and they just applied a month before I did. They exclaimed that it seems no one's rejected when applying.

Several weeks later, my other friends who have similar qualifications with those granted PR status before were rejected and told to apply again after two years.

I'm lucky that they even asked me for more info...but then again, I have very different qualifications from my friends. I have a more "colorful" CV, older and obviously has been in our industry longer than they have.

Personally, I don't mind that they're stricter. That's their prerogative, after all. If it'll weed out the unworthy ones, then it's ok. Nothing diminishes the glamor of a privilege more than handing it out to anyone who asks.

If they approve my application then good for me. With more stringent requirements, it'll just make it more satisfying. If I get rejected, oh well, then I'll just move on. Their country, their rules.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

dhaka

Post by dhaka » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 3:30 pm

Just wait till outcomes might it takes more than 6 months to get the result
love

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 3:45 pm

dhaka wrote:Just wait till outcomes might it takes more than 6 months to get the result
When I submitted the docs, the lady told me to start expecting something around December.

But like I said, I'm fine either way. :cool:

Timeline, for others' reference:
July 18 -> apply for PR
Sept 28 -> get notice for additional docs
Oct 9 -> submit additional docs
Dec -> expect status update

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 4:05 pm

I heard today from the agent we use for our S pass holders that it's almost de rigueur getting an "apply again in two years" letter when applying for PR now. This kind of solidifies that which we have been suspecting since the early part of September. I would assume this will continue for a while until the 'locals' settle down a bit on their rant against 'foreigners' trying to take their jobs. Guess time will tell and I expect the criteria to continue to tighten up substantially more regarding the entry criteria for the various EP's (Primarily Q & P2 passes) as these are the "jobs" that I believe the locals are squawking about. Most don't fault the senior positions (P1's) and most won't do the WP jobs.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 4:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: I would assume this will continue for a while until the 'locals' settle down a bit on their rant against 'foreigners' trying to take their jobs.
On a lighter note, I've been meaning to show you guys this: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104259

And now, back to our regular programming.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 5:14 pm

:cool:

dhaka

Post by dhaka » Tue, 20 Oct 2009 9:20 am

Actually getting confused all about this delay processing for PR, only authority of ICA i guess known the real fact. Thanks for the feedback to all.
love