Singapore Expats

Ion Shopping Mall

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Re: Ion Shopping Mall

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:44 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
resm wrote:actually the "Swiss Butchery" at Greenwood avenue is no longer Swiss.

The only real Swiss Butchery in Singapore is now called "Huber's" and is headed by the former Managing Director of Swiss Butchery (a Swiss) and his two sons.
I think the Swiss Butchery is now found in Coronation Plaza.

That's an ALSO AT, not instead of..... and there is another in Tanglin so totally three. Huber's are in Dempsey now, as well as their one in the "Goh & Goh" on Upp. Bkt. Timah.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 8:31 pm

First time to exit the Orchard MRT since Ion opened and I needed to go to Tang's...took me a while to get there. The signs were confusing (I just came out of Ion and I saw a sign that said "ION" pointing away from where I came from) and the layout is crazy...

...I knew I should have made that left in Albuquerque...

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:33 am

Girl_Next_Door wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:
Girl_Next_Door wrote: Heard of an invention called the "lift"?

:lol:

My problem with "lifts" is they are too full of people fit enough to "walk" that there is no space left for pushchairs.
Actually, for some strange reasons, nobody ever seems to take the lifts in Ion. Maybe its in a secluded area. Being a super lazy person and knowing exactly which shops I want, I always head straight to the lift in Ion. :oops:

Oh, the toilet in Ion seems pretty fancy too! Its kinda like a hotel toilet, with a serving lady inside.
huh are u sure???why I went inside the toliet no serving lady ?

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:55 pm

Maybe they only have serving lady in the ladies. :P

I don't know. I never check out the gents. :wink:

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:39 pm

Girl_Next_Door wrote:Maybe they only have serving lady in the ladies. :P

I don't know. I never check out the gents. :wink:
lol gents I been to once only so far never spotted any serving guy inside

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:33 am

But I have spotted the cleaning ladies a few times wiping the floor right next to me while I was standing there doing my business. She didn't seem to be bothered, so neither was I.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 8:18 am

econoMIC wrote:But I have spotted the cleaning ladies a few times wiping the floor right next to me while I was standing there doing my business. She didn't seem to be bothered, so neither was I.
lol the lady mostly is an aunty?

ya at my workplace I was urining and suddenly a woman came in and mopped the floor.I was shocked have to quickly cover up

hbw65
Regular
Regular

Post by hbw65 » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 8:31 am

The lifts are totally secluded so when we go with a stroller, we have to literally look for it behind every wall!!! The escalators are annoying too how it skips floors and sad that they didn't integrate the more high street stores with the really nice ones above ground. We love ThreeSixty Market from Hong Kong, but the prices are absolutely outrageous. Why can't we get a normal priced market here!!!! It's amazing the premium you pay here for just an organic piece of fruit or a product from the UK.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 9:22 pm

hbw65 wrote:We love ThreeSixty Market from Hong Kong, but the prices are absolutely outrageous. Why can't we get a normal priced market here!!!! It's amazing the premium you pay here for just an organic piece of fruit or a product from the UK.
Supply and demand. You're not in the UK and most Singaporeans do not want UK products, so those few who do need to pay all the freight costs. If you want "normal" prices, eat what the locals do and shop where they do... and did you know that even NTUC FairPrice has an organic section these days?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

muterabbit

Post by muterabbit » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 1:27 am

i went ion lvl4 today.as an eastern ppl im quiet interest bout a traditional artificial shop.selling lots of windmills,little wood dolls. I like it very much. but the price is expensive. Xmas is coming. i believe there will be plenty of ppl went there shopping.
my english is not so good. if there is anything wrong pls correct me.
thank you.谢谢(xie xie)~!