Singapore Expats

indian dentists

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
DR.PRIYA

indian dentists

Post by DR.PRIYA » Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:54 pm

hi everyone.i want to know how many indian dentists are sitting simply without a job in singapore.i really wanna interact with them.

Dr.SRI SORNA

HI

Post by Dr.SRI SORNA » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 3:27 pm

Hi priya,i am sorna "dentist from india".sitting simply like u have stated.when did u complete ur degree ya. i finished on 2006in saveetha c ollege, chennai.do reply me if u read this, b'coz i badly need friends.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 4:54 pm

how do you guys get registered in singapore?

would be nice if a foreign dental grad shared the process...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

DR.PRIYA

Re: HI

Post by DR.PRIYA » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 8:05 am

Hi Sorna,i've completed my BDS in bangalore.Basically i'm from hyderabad.finished in 2005.so....wat r u doing now.i know the mental torture we r facing......having a degree n sitting idle.i've tried everything.even attempted MDS entrance[part1]in singapore but as u know they dont accept our degrees.so...wat's ur plan?????????

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Nath21 » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:10 am

taxico wrote:how do you guys get registered in singapore?

would be nice if a foreign dental grad shared the process...
They need to pass enlgish test (if not from G7 country and inida is not a g7), have a basic dental degree (bachelor) and two year work experience outside of degree internship, test negative to hep B and pass MDS test part 1.

The poster says NUS does not accept the degree but the requirements are basic bachelor dental degree, maybe they only did diploma? Can you provide more infromation as to why your degree was rejected?

Also do you guys just go to another country on a social pass and then hope to get work? Whats your actual strategy?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:16 pm

It would also depend on whether or not Singapore even recognizes their degree. What what I know, in the past a couple of years ago, there were only 150 medical degrees were acceptable in Singapore. It may have gone up since then, but I would imagine that the number of dental degrees would be substantially less.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dr.SRI SORNA

Hey priya

Post by Dr.SRI SORNA » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 2:54 pm

hey priya, great to see ur reply :D .at present i am sitting idle at home only .actually i have finished medical transcription also.but dont know how to proceed.did u contact the dental council?are there any other courses relating this field to continue?did you try for registration?what did they actually say?u tried for MDS part 1 what happened?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 7:12 pm

wow, so many Doctors!

i see what you guys means now. i almost thought indian dentists practicing in singapore were being retrenched en masse and not being able to find a job.

btw, i do not recommend going into a foreign COUNTRY on social pass with all your academic and work papers... you might get tossed out if you get searched by an immigration officer and be denied entry/visa for a period of time.

most developed countries have a (more or less) functional online skilled migrant application system. that is what you should do if you are confident your qualification will be recognized.

wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to obtain post-grad qualification in your home country before flying out?

edited: country, not company
Last edited by taxico on Mon, 09 Dec 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DR.PRIYA

Re: Hey priya

Post by DR.PRIYA » Tue, 20 Oct 2009 9:25 am

hey...where did u do ur medical transcription??????????can u give the details???

Dr.SRI SORNA

Post by Dr.SRI SORNA » Tue, 20 Oct 2009 2:20 pm

I did in madurai but now i am not in touch.many people advised to do medical coding .here i dont know where to go and study.did you find any other jobs orelse preparing for exams?????????????

bheema

BDS degree from India

Post by bheema » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 7:57 am

So there is no way one can apply for MDS in singapore with a indian BDS degree?

Are there any options for Indian BDS in singapore.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 7:20 am

I think the ASEAN is passing an agreement for ASEAN countries to have dentists practice without needing the certification from other ASEAN countries.
i just dont know if its in effect. anyone heard of this?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 2:00 pm

Singapore, like Myanmar, will play by Asean rules only if it's convenient for Singapore. Otherwise, they will claim that other countries are interfering in Singapore's affairs.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 2:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Singapore, like Myanmar, will play by Asean rules only if it's convenient for Singapore. Otherwise, they will claim that other countries are interfering in Singapore's affairs.
That is also the same problem with all ASEAN Countries, hence very slow headway, also in harmonisation of trade. Appears to be tit for tat policy,
for example the health promotion board logo, is not accepted in other ASEAN countries and must be taken off the product for Malaysia market.

@Fraser

Post by @Fraser » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 1:52 am

Can start a free check up camps in places like Hare Ram Hare Krishna. No medical prescriptions. i think that would be legal.