Singapore Expats

6 days of freedom

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 8:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I see no reason why it should be a closed session. The last one was those of us that turned up. Good place to start from if'n you ask me. :wink:
Yes I second sms. We invite anyone [should be human] with open arms.

BTW I wont be in Sg from end Oct until mid Nov.

Happy Monday morning guys .

Cheers~
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 9:42 am

Count me in please gentlemen!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 9:56 am

Addadude wrote:Count me in please gentlemen!
You are included by default... :lol:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:47 am

Hey guys, as B_T will be going outstation at the end of the month, and this Saturday is a public holiday, what about this Friday night?

I know this will knock out LGM this time but we'll just have to have another one when he is here! :D
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey guys, as B_T will be going outstation at the end of the month, and this Saturday is a public holiday, what about this Friday night?

I know this will knock out LGM this time but we'll just have to have another one when he is here! :D
Friday looking good same cheap location or somewhere else?

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 1:40 pm

I am okay with the same place. Cheap on price and cozy on ambience apart from the local music troupe :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 3:44 pm

Same cheap okay with me. Look at how much was left over for this one! Works for me.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 6:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Same cheap okay with me. Look at how much was left over for this one! Works for me.
Although I am not in town for it I will have to insist: Roti Prata at Jln Kayu. The first one on the left if you come from the camp. :lol:
a.k.a. littlegreenman

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:42 pm

As long as it's not Thesavi, the smallest, oiliest and most expensive Prata in Singapore. A far cry from their best back when they were a single griddle in the chinese kopi shop just outside the main gate on the right coming out of the came (where the expressway now sits! To think, back in 1984 I believe, it was named the best roti prata in Singapore. Went to his head and he bought the shophouse he's now in and coasted on that for years. Then they were closed for a while due to an infestation of cockroaches if I'm not mistaken (or rats, I can't remember but they were closed up by the authorities for a while. I never ate there again. That's where my nick comes from. I lived inside the camp for 15 years till I bought my flat 10 years ago. Every Sundaymorning I would cycle out to the kopi shop, order dua prata kosong satu prata telor dan Teh and would read the sunday paper there. It was my sunday morning staple!

You mean the big shop beside the parking lot? I've heard they are pretty good.

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As long as it's not Thesavi, the smallest, oiliest and most expensive Prata in Singapore. A far cry from their best back when they were a single griddle in the chinese kopi shop just outside the main gate on the right coming out of the came (where the expressway now sits! To think, back in 1984 I believe, it was named the best roti prata in Singapore. Went to his head and he bought the shophouse he's now in and coasted on that for years. Then they were closed for a while due to an infestation of cockroaches if I'm not mistaken (or rats, I can't remember but they were closed up by the authorities for a while. I never ate there again. That's where my nick comes from. I lived inside the camp for 15 years till I bought my flat 10 years ago. Every Sundaymorning I would cycle out to the kopi shop, order dua prata kosong satu prata telor dan Teh and would read the sunday paper there. It was my sunday morning staple!

Phew...how many times do we have to hear this story again & again & again .........

:P

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 4:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As long as it's not Thesavi, the smallest, oiliest and most expensive Prata in Singapore. A far cry from their best back when they were a single griddle in the chinese kopi shop just outside the main gate on the right coming out of the came (where the expressway now sits! To think, back in 1984 I believe, it was named the best roti prata in Singapore. Went to his head and he bought the shophouse he's now in and coasted on that for years. Then they were closed for a while due to an infestation of cockroaches if I'm not mistaken (or rats, I can't remember but they were closed up by the authorities for a while. I never ate there again. That's where my nick comes from. I lived inside the camp for 15 years till I bought my flat 10 years ago. Every Sundaymorning I would cycle out to the kopi shop, order dua prata kosong satu prata telor dan Teh and would read the sunday paper there. It was my sunday morning staple!

First time I hear the story. Thanks for sharing.

Yes I mean the one right next to the parking lot. They are awesome (I used to spend entire nights there eating one cheese prata after the other. YumYum. I prefer them to the "famous" Thomson one it is not just crispy but ultra tasty. They now bought the shop next door and they have exactly the same menu just that it is more expensive as that one has aircon. So for the feel I still go to the outdoors one. They also opened an other branch at Dhoby Ghaut where bread talk used to be. Same taste but of course higher prices. So if I am in town and have the urge which can't wait until after I am finished with my errants I can still satisfy my cravings. That is why I love Singapore :D
a.k.a. littlegreenman

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 8:18 pm

So what time on friday?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:27 pm

I haven't posted for a couple of hours this evening as I've been just waiting for a decent post to waste it on..........

here it comes........

it's getting closer now........

it's here and I've definitely been here too long! This post is my ............

10,000th post!

Now, having gotten that off my chest, You are the closest and need to cop a few of the $15/jugs before happy hour finishes (will they let you buy them first and then serve them as and when?) I should be there ~7:30 latest. (I leave the office in Bkt Batok around 6 pm).

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:42 pm

You are the closest and need to cop a few of the $15/jugs before happy hour finishes (will they let you buy them first and then serve them as and when?) I
I'll see if can buy upfront! What was Blue thunders tipple, I vaguely remember him drinking bottles! Not dregs like us, but beggars can't be choosers, still trying to convince the other half to join us, after she finishes work!

I guess it maybe wise to get a table not so close to the music if its on, considering we are chatting like parrots in the beginning and like neighbours at the end :lol: congratulations that's some chatter box you have there, So i take it Singerporeexpats are giving you a free weekend trip to Thailand for the occasion? :wink: It must be tax deductable!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:14 am

ksl wrote:
You are the closest and need to cop a few of the $15/jugs before happy hour finishes (will they let you buy them first and then serve them as and when?) I
I'll see if can buy upfront! What was Blue thunders tipple, I vaguely remember him drinking bottles! Not dregs like us, but beggars can't be choosers, still trying to convince the other half to join us, after she finishes work!

I guess it maybe wise to get a table not so close to the music if its on, considering we are chatting like parrots in the beginning and like neighbours at the end :lol: congratulations that's some chatter box you have there, So i take it Singerporeexpats are giving you a free weekend trip to Thailand for the occasion? :wink: It must be tax deductable!
Well i drink anything under the roof/sun etc...i was damn hungry on that night...so dint wanna drink too much on empty stomach...i will guzzle this friday...juz wait n watch !!

BTW I have reached 300 posts hurrayyyyy

I will prefer the place to be near loo ...coz beer is one best friend of loo..