Singapore Expats

Travel to Siem Reap, Cambodia in Jan 2010.

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nhrk

Travel to Siem Reap, Cambodia in Jan 2010.

Post by nhrk » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 4:00 pm

Hi,

I'm a 21 year old female and I'm looking for travel buddies, hopefully to Cambodia but I'm open to a few suggestions.

I've been to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam thus far so hopefully I get to go somewhere else. Top of the list in Cambodia, to the Siem Reap that has been highly raved.

Another reigning option is Boracay Islands, Philippines which I hear can be fairly expensive given a domestic boat must be taken. I'm open to alternatives like Macau, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal and even Vietnam and Thailand.

I'm currently a student so that means travel is pretty flexible for me. I either do it during my school break or declare my own break. The latter excites me more though. (; This means I can pretty work within anyone's leave schedule as long as we come to an agreement with all the formalities and logistics.

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm not into crazy shopping and can be a real twat if forced to lug around shopping bags or walk around aimlessly so Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok and any other shopping nightmare remain out of the question for now especially if I'm travelling with female compatriots. (:

Feel free to drop me a pm if you managed to read till here and are interested.

Update; We've confirmed travel dates for 22nd Jan - 25th Jan 2010.
Last edited by nhrk on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
you'll never walk alone, baby.

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:10 pm

You have a PM ! :P

Cheers ~
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

maderamon

Post by maderamon » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 1:02 pm

hi, you mentioned boracay. the boat ride is like 20 minutes and its very cheap, a meal would cost you more than the fare :D

muterabbit

Post by muterabbit » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:03 pm

Cambodia is a nice plc, that is lots of my friends comments
hav a nice trip

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:21 am

You have never explored Taiwan I see....To experience the culture, you should....avoid City life, but start in Taipei Yang Ming Shang and work your way down, experience some real Taiwanese culture. The place should not be missed and it's the only place where real Chinese traditions exist. Many martial arts teachers fled China and settled in Taiwan.

Though my best ever moment was being alone in the Forbidden City in Beijing with my female friend who had the keys! Not a tourist. That place is one place that oozes history you can feel, when alone!

nhrk

Post by nhrk » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:01 pm

ksl wrote:You have never explored Taiwan I see....To experience the culture, you should....avoid City life, but start in Taipei Yang Ming Shang and work your way down, experience some real Taiwanese culture. The place should not be missed and it's the only place where real Chinese traditions exist. Many martial arts teachers fled China and settled in Taiwan.

Though my best ever moment was being alone in the Forbidden City in Beijing with my female friend who had the keys! Not a tourist. That place is one place that oozes history you can feel, when alone!
I reckon I'd love to head to Taiwan for the history alongside many other nations but it's hard to breakaway from the stereotype. Cambodia still sits top of my list though!

muterabbit

Post by muterabbit » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 9:56 am

ksl wrote:You have never explored Taiwan I see....To experience the culture, you should....avoid City life, but start in Taipei Yang Ming Shang and work your way down, experience some real Taiwanese culture. The place should not be missed and it's the only place where real Chinese traditions exist. Many martial arts teachers fled China and settled in Taiwan.

taiwan visa application fee is $200 SGD to chinese. same as us ...

sg_lover
Regular
Regular

Me to interested

Post by sg_lover » Mon, 19 Oct 2009 2:26 pm

Hi ,
I am john 29/M .. Travelled across world.. Now wanna travel to Thailand, Cambodia , Indonesia(jakarta/Bali). PM me.. we will decide place and date.
I am more flexible guy...

John

nhrk

Post by nhrk » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 1:33 pm

Just thought I'd post an update here.

We're heading to Siem Reap, Cambodia from 22nd to 25th January 2010 if anyone is interested to join in.

I'm looking to head to Phuket, Thailand for the CNY holiday weekend or the weekend after.

Feel free to drop me a note at [email protected] if any tickles your fancy.

freeasbird

travelling

Post by freeasbird » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:23 am

hello!

I'm not sure if you are still active travelling.
I am looking for some travel buddies too.
I'm intending to visit Korea, Japan or China this year.

So if you are interested to join me, don't hesitate to PM and we will arrange schedule that will best suit to our preferences.

im 30/f.

cheers!

yangonese

Post by yangonese » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 6:23 pm

:wink: :wink: :wink: