Singapore Expats

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
anakinhay

Post by anakinhay » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 6:08 pm

hi,
when is the next quiz?

bugs01

Fusionopolis Wednesday nights

Post by bugs01 » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 3:50 pm

Hey there, I have started going to a weds night quiz at 7pm in the Harry's bar at Fusionopolis. It is free to enter and the prize is 24 bottle of harry's beer. It is not dissimilar to the old TJ quizzes in that it is a series of random questions and no categories, 4 rounds of 10. Bring down a team if you fancy it.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:24 pm

Giselle and me are keen to try the Dog & Bone next Tuesday.

So, with Dave, we are 3. Anyone else?

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Harry's At Fusionopolis would suit me more...

Post by Dave Magoo » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:47 pm

Sorry Asdracles & Giselle, but have got a rare case of serious workload at the moment and, having already done 3 'through-the-nighters' and in the middle of one now, I can safely predict that I'll be doing the same tomorrow night, as the final deadline is Wednesday morning... :-({|=

Would you and everyone be available for the quiz mentioned by Bugs instead at Harry's Bar, Fusionopolis on Weds night? By then, my brain will certainly need a download :???:

Thanks for the tip, Bugs. Will the quiz be running this Weds?

For Saint et al, will deffo get to the Dog & Bone at some point, but fate is currently battling against it.

Sorry, all, and let me know what you think. If you prefer the Dog instead, then hope that you fly the Motley flag high as always :-D

Will check in tomorrow to update.

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

bugs01

Post by bugs01 » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:48 am

As far as I know it should be every week for the next 4 weeks. Ill check with the quizmaster and post tomorrow.

bugs01

Post by bugs01 » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:22 am

Quiz is confirmed at fusionopolis at 7pm Weds.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers, Bugs..

Post by Dave Magoo » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks for the update, Bugs.

So, how about it guys. Harry's Bar, Fusionopolis, 7pm tomorrow (Weds) night?

Here's the link on how to get there if you're interested:

http://www.fusionopolis.a-star.edu.sg/c ... ctionID=16

Not too far from our old Pinchos hunting ground by the looks of it.

I'll check in tomorrow to see the responses.

Cheers

Magoo

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 4:08 pm

Ok then. Looks like we would be alone at Dog&Bone, so will give it a try tomorrow.

See you!

Shez83

Interested in joining...

Post by Shez83 » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 8:33 pm

Hi guys.

I'm new to Singapore - from Sydney, Australia - and am keen on perhaps tagging along to one of these trivia nights you are involved in. Realise you may already have a firmed up team, but if you need a new member etc, please PM me.

I am not great at these things but do enjoy them. Guess its the competitive streak in me. Ha. Cheers.

KjellBerry

Post by KjellBerry » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:28 am

Hi

Haven't been to a pub quiz in ages. Is it just to show up at Harry's tonight?

We are 3-4 that want to join so I guess we are a almost a team by our self.

See you there

bugs01

Post by bugs01 » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:47 am

Details below, we usually get a min of 4 teams, but many were out of the country last week, should be full strength again today though.

From the quizmaster;
I’m hosting another trivia quiz at Harry’s bar downstairs tonight (Wed) starting at 7PM.

For the uninitiated:

· Groups of 2 to 6 players compete as a team, and there’s no entry fee for teams.

· Teams are often ad-hoc and formed on the spot, so not a big deal if you don’t have a team together beforehand

· There’s four rounds of 10 trivia questions in all types of subjects, ranging from pop culture, to current events, to academic subjects, to sport, to movie, to music, to anything.

· At the end of each round every team’s answer sheet is scored.

· The team with the most points at the end wins the Grand Prize: a carton (24 bottles) of Harry’s Premium Lager.

· It’s a relaxed, fun event – even if you’re not normally a trivia expert. It’s a team game J

· We’re usually done by 9 or 10 PM

Also:

· Harry’s extends their Happy Hour all night throughout the quiz. ($6 well drinks, house wines, and ½ pints)

· Tonight only, they’re also giving a complementary welcome drink to everyone playing (forgot what it’s called).

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers for the tip, Bugs...

Post by Dave Magoo » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 9:48 am

It was a good, well balanced, if a little bit short quiz evening (although I only made it there near the end of round 2, so prob. why it felt so short!!).

Cheers, Alberto & Giselle for waking me from my post-work lethargy. A good evening indeed :lol:

For the rest of the Motleys, sorry not to have given you the heads up other than through the previous posting. It didn't look like there was any interest, so decided not to go until getting the call from Alberto at 7pm asking "Where are you?". Oops! :oops: I'd misread his previous posting to be that him & Giselle were heading to the Dog & Bone quiz the previous evening. That's what 4 days of severe sleep deprevation does to you :o

Shez & Kjellbelly...you are more than welcome to join the Motley Crew as it's a very informal, transient kind of deal. Just pitch up when you feel like it, basically. Keep following this thread and you'll get to know where the quizzes are, and if anyone will be attending.

I'm likely to be out of the the country next week, but maybe others will take up the baton in my absence.

Cheers all, and hope to catch up with you soon :-D

Magoo

Shez83

Will be there!

Post by Shez83 » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 9:54 am

Heya - thanks for all this info re: these trivia thingies.

Some peeps from work and I will most likely be at the next Dog & Bone quiz night on the 6th... I'll call the pub to get details etc.

Hope to meet all/some of you there. Cheers, x.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Will be there!

Post by Saint » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 1:27 pm

Shez83 wrote:Heya - thanks for all this info re: these trivia thingies.

Some peeps from work and I will most likely be at the next Dog & Bone quiz night on the 6th... I'll call the pub to get details etc.

Hope to meet all/some of you there. Cheers, x.
Can just ask me what you need to know anout the Dog n Bone quiz, and yes the next one is on the 6th. And not a single Aussie question this week!!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Weds is the new Tues :-)

Post by Dave Magoo » Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:18 am

Looks like I'll still be on the island, come this Wednesday, so will definitely be attending the Harry's Bar, Fusionopolis Pub Quiz from 7pm, if anyone else is interested.

For the uninitiated, here's a link for how to get there...it's slightly off the beaten track, about a 10 min walk from Buena Vista MRT.... :shock:

http://www.fusionopolis.a-star.edu.sg/c ... ctionID=16

The quiz is a well-balanced 4 round, 40 uncategorized questions quiz that will certainly keep the old grey matter ticking over for it's duration, aided and abetted by a reasonable happy hour \:D/

Hope to see y'all there :cool:

Magoo