Singapore Expats

Club that plays... Trance, House, Chill-out, Brazilian Music

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Club that plays... Trance, House, Chill-out, Brazilian Music

Post by Guest » Thu, 03 Feb 2005 6:10 pm

I am quite new here in Singapore and I just miss clubbing recently. I used to attend Pacha, Godskitchen, Slinky and Hed Kandi kind of event. Is there any dance party organizers who gives this kind of event here in Singapore? I'm sure there is... but it is just me who's innocent cos of being so new... :)

If you can also give me a list of clubs and its addresses, I would really appreciate.

Thanks!

Guest II

Post by Guest II » Thu, 03 Feb 2005 9:20 pm

Good question! I'm Brazilian, miss the music a little bit. :D

girl27

Post by girl27 » Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:41 pm

hey i have been on a mission to find a place that plays psy trance but people here dont listen to trance at all, some places play bearable house , and some pathetic techno shit
but overall the music here sucks big time.
you can try zouk, liquid room, coz honestly there's no where else.
let me know if u hit upon a crazy dance place!

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Post by gotta_think » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:09 pm

ive been to zouk and what i can say is that i like their house music their. maybe im just looking for some club because id like to bar hop. =) i hope someone from this forum would help us find them. =)

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hibri2 » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 4:32 pm

girl27 wrote: but overall the music here sucks big time.
no, it does not...

oh well, i am posting in a trance thread, shouldn't be expecting posters here to have a clever taste in musik.

dressing up as deranged harlequins and over sized rag dolls while listening to 150 BPM of random key strokes and samplers does not really helps up to build and argument on taste or identity for that matters...

:wink:
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

Cedric K.

Post by Cedric K. » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 6:06 pm

Well I must say that the music here in Singapore is great!!!

There are great DJs coming to Zouk nearly every weekend and Zirca is ok!
Lots of lots of trance DJs come to SIngapore!

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:09 pm

hibri2 wrote:dressing up as deranged harlequins and over sized rag dolls while listening to 150 BPM of random key strokes and samplers does not really helps up to build and argument on taste or identity for that matters...
I know exactly what you mean -- it's gotta be at least 180 BPM of random key strokes and samplers!

http://www.di.fm/gabber/ :devil:
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hibri2 » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 2:02 pm

jpatokal wrote: I know exactly what you mean -- it's gotta be at least 180 BPM of random key strokes and samplers!
:-D

funny thing is that the amount of talent they require to throw their horrendous compositions to the world could be achieved with a well trained, deaf monkey with brain damage.

ok, not really, it does not really have to be well trained... just enough.
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

jdaniel
Regular
Regular

Post by jdaniel » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 2:14 pm

zouk is bearable if they have really big guest DJs but its soo old and soo boring... I prefer Zirca, it is my 2nd home I am there all the time and not sick of it thus far. :)

greydalg

trance

Post by greydalg » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:00 am

hey
yeah I've also been looking for good trance venues, but trance hasnt reallly taken off in singapore.

with that said though, there IS one resident progressive trance DJ, Yukun, who plays regularly. visit his website http://yukun.mypodcast.com/. In fact, he is playing at eM studio tonight.

With regards to psy and dark trance, no DJ does it in Singapore yet, which is a huge waste since I'm a huge fan of it, just came back from a one week long trance festival in BRAZIL.

greydalg

Post by greydalg » Sun, 27 Sep 2009 8:08 pm

zouk brings in good DJs,
also check out Home club at Boat Quay, join in their facebook group! thye have a good underground trance/electro crowd.