Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 2:40 pm

huskyjude wrote:
aadvark wrote:
huskyjude wrote: there's no need to get sarcastic. We are all trying to gauge information from all sources.

the post came from cozycot - http://forums.cozycot.com/health/19731- ... on-40.html
sorry, it just boggled my mind when one post from another forum overrides many decent reviews from this one. Of cos, everyone should take what they read in a forum with a pinch of salt, but the logic behind this case baffles me... especially when the posts read "my friends did blah blah blah.... and they claimed blah blah blah..." basically 3rd-hand info

dun get me wrong, i'm not picking on you, huskyjude; just that we have many old-timers who painstakingly write detailed descriptions of their trips and ops etc, and too many newcomers who dun read the older posts and ask questions which have been repeated nth times.

sure, many of you will say "no one's asking you, aadvark, other people will be glad to answer me." but i think many old-timers might share my sentiments.

i understand that PS is a big step, so do read all the older posts. if you ask a question, you will get an opinion from maybe 2-3 forumers. if you read all the other posts, you will be absorbing all the experiences of multi-forumers, and i think that's a piece of logic no one can deny.

huskyjude: arms and tummy cost the same as other areas, nara charges 10,000 baht per area. check out http://www.dr-nara.com
Thanks aadvark for the link.

Dr. Nara considers the tummy 2 areas, both arms one area whereas Dr Arthur from Medan divides the tummy area into 5 areas - lower & upper tummy, waist, flanks & lower back. So I was just wondering if Dr Nara charges different parts as one area each or considers the whole abdomen area as one area.

So I would like to ask if anyone who did their abdomen/tummy area if Dr. Nara did the side areas of the waist & lovehandles as well?

It's rather hard to get an appt with Dr Nara. He's fully taken up this month & next. I managed to get a slot on 23 oct but I would much like to go earlier.
from what i read from the older posts, nara considers tummy as 2 areas only if there is a lot of fat, else he considers it as only one area, similar for other parts
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 6:17 pm

Berserkmind wrote:If you ask me, I felt that the stage 1 CG is really important. The science behind it is that Dr Nara uses "open stitching", which means that your wound is not sealed shut, and it allows the excess fluids to flow out of your wound immediately after surgery (Day 1). Wearing CG right after the surgery helps compress and "squeeze" the fluids out of the incisions and you will drip alot of liquid out. This will help reduce swelling and soreness, and speed up recovery. As you wear it for the next 2 weeks, it will help compress the area to reduce swelling as well.

The non-scientific reason is that it actually makes you feel more comfortable and less sore right after the surgery and over the next few days. Having the sore areas jiggle here and there when you walk is no fun at all. Compressing the part to prevent jiggling helps you get back to doing your usual activities faster.

Personally, I didnt get stage 2. So I cannot comment, but I intend to wear my stage 1 for at least a month.

As for Sineech, I took 2 packets because my surgery was over 2 days. Dr Nara only does 1 area per day, so you may need 2 packets for 4 days of surgery. I am not sure if you need to take more than 2, or if there is any side effects of taking too much.

Just remember to prop up the areas that you have done the lipo in the first 48 hrs to reduce bruising and swelling.
Hi berserkmind,

thanks very much for your reply.
in this case, i'll definitely get the Stage 1 CG.
Curious abt the opening stitching, if it's a open stitch, will it close back by itself? or Dr Nara will stitch it back after the 1st day?

Which areas did u had lipo done?
I'm doing arms, tummy, inner/outer thighs, maybe hips too.
i was thinking is there any areas which should be started on 1st?
read some very old posts, 1 forummer mentioned she did thighs and it was so painful she miss the rest of the lipo cos she couldnt walk! :shock:

I'll be on my own, from taking coach to seeing nara and coming back.
I'm just wondering how bad the pain will be cos i'll need to do everything by myself.

How's your skin condition after lipo? any loose or saggy skin?
I already started on collagen pills this week, intend to take everyday until i go off to Nara and i'll bring bottles of collagen drinks over there to drink every night.
I have plenty of stretchmarks (after childbirth) = skin not elastic enough so kinda worried about sagging/loose skin.

Also, when you come back, did you go for any massages?
I read Lymphatic Drainage Massage will be good after lipo?

Thanks so much for your time and patience.
Would love to know and hear more from those who had it done recently.
Although i read through previous posts about people's experiences, I still can't help being nervous as it's my 1st time doing PS.

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:49 pm

Hi Huskyjade

Personally i feel that Dr Nara is very reasonable on this. He will not overcharge you if he thinks you dont have much fat. At first I wanted to do lower abdomen and arms only. He said ok, but after he look at my tummy, he ask me if I really only want to do lower. I asked him why and he said, "maybe I can do for you abit on upper part also". So i left it to him. He charged me only for one area. But of course, if a person has alot of fat on upper and lower tummy then to be fair to him he will charge for 2 areas.

Love handles (2 sides) also considered 1 area i think.

I also did my arms, which Dr Nara advised me that I dont need it. But I was insisted because no amount of exercise can reduce my flabby arms. He told me i will see little or no difference. He even asked me again on the 2nd day when i went if i really wanted to do arms. Well, there was some difference to me and I am happy with the little improvement since I am not a fat person to begin with.

So in my opinion, Dr Nara is an honest Doctor who will not anyhow overcharge just to earn your dollar.

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:04 pm

sasa05_ wrote: Hi berserkmind,

thanks very much for your reply.
in this case, i'll definitely get the Stage 1 CG.
Curious abt the opening stitching, if it's a open stitch, will it close back by itself? or Dr Nara will stitch it back after the 1st day?

Which areas did u had lipo done?
I'm doing arms, tummy, inner/outer thighs, maybe hips too.
i was thinking is there any areas which should be started on 1st?
read some very old posts, 1 forummer mentioned she did thighs and it was so painful she miss the rest of the lipo cos she couldnt walk! :shock:

I'll be on my own, from taking coach to seeing nara and coming back.
I'm just wondering how bad the pain will be cos i'll need to do everything by myself.

How's your skin condition after lipo? any loose or saggy skin?
I already started on collagen pills this week, intend to take everyday until i go off to Nara and i'll bring bottles of collagen drinks over there to drink every night.
I have plenty of stretchmarks (after childbirth) = skin not elastic enough so kinda worried about sagging/loose skin.

Also, when you come back, did you go for any massages?
I read Lymphatic Drainage Massage will be good after lipo?

Thanks so much for your time and patience.
Would love to know and hear more from those who had it done recently.
Although i read through previous posts about people's experiences, I still can't help being nervous as it's my 1st time doing PS.
I am no expert on lipo so I dont really know how to explain this open stitch thing. But if you research lipo on google, you will find out that there are 2 types of stitching: open and closed. 'Open' i suppose means the stitching of wound is not sealed shut, excess fluid can flow out. It will heal in about 10 days and stitches can be removed at local GP. " Closed" is completely sealed wound, and fluid remains in the body. CG is worn to squeeze the fluids into your bloodstream to it can be passed out naturally.

In any case, from what I read, 1st stage CG seems really important to squeeze the fluids, reduce swelling and speed up recovery.

As to which area to do first, this one you dont need to worry. Dr Nara will advise you. For me, he did tummy first (more painful) then arms the next day.

I dont really feel my skin is saggy, maybe some people feel it seems saggy because it is actually still swollen. Mine got some uneven swelling so looks bumpy and is still tender at some parts. I just massage myself everynight after it is not so painful and I use this Eucalyptus massage oil from my auntie. I think it helps cos i feel better next day. But if i eat junk food, it swells and becomes more painful.

I also heard lymphatic massage is good, but i dont really dare to let someone else massage me since it is still a little tender at some areas. dont wanna end up screaming at the spa.

Sorry for the long post, i am quite a longwinded person :oops:

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:54 pm

Berserkmind wrote:I am no expert on lipo so I dont really know how to explain this open stitch thing. But if you research lipo on google, you will find out that there are 2 types of stitching: open and closed. 'Open' i suppose means the stitching of wound is not sealed shut, excess fluid can flow out. It will heal in about 10 days and stitches can be removed at local GP. " Closed" is completely sealed wound, and fluid remains in the body. CG is worn to squeeze the fluids into your bloodstream to it can be passed out naturally.

In any case, from what I read, 1st stage CG seems really important to squeeze the fluids, reduce swelling and speed up recovery.

As to which area to do first, this one you dont need to worry. Dr Nara will advise you. For me, he did tummy first (more painful) then arms the next day.

I dont really feel my skin is saggy, maybe some people feel it seems saggy because it is actually still swollen. Mine got some uneven swelling so looks bumpy and is still tender at some parts. I just massage myself everynight after it is not so painful and I use this Eucalyptus massage oil from my auntie. I think it helps cos i feel better next day. But if i eat junk food, it swells and becomes more painful.

I also heard lymphatic massage is good, but i dont really dare to let someone else massage me since it is still a little tender at some areas. dont wanna end up screaming at the spa.

Sorry for the long post, i am quite a longwinded person :oops:
Hi berserkmind,

I'm sure many others thinking of lipo will appreciate you sharing your experience, not long winded.
I'm the super kan cheong spider here....
Lots of questions... hahaha

How bad was the pain? as in how many days did the "real pain" lasted?
from your experience, you think if go alone will be able to cope everything by herself?
And the open stitch for the fluids to flow out, most posts i read is it'll last for about 1 day, is it alot and messy?

How swollen and bruise do u get?
Need some advice so i can bring the right clothings along.
Most of my clothes fits just nice only.

For comression garments, we measure according to our size now, but after lipo, we get swollen, is it very difficult to squeeze into it?
After you did your arms, were you be able to carry things or bathe etc?
Alone, need carry luggage, bathe, everything on my own.. :(

As for sinecch wise, whr you got it from?
I read a lady - Rachel do sell them, got her number down but don't know whether she's still selling them though.

such a long post with so many questions.
I think I should be the long winded 1... hahaha... :lol:
thanks so much for your patience

skywalker11

Post by skywalker11 » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 1:08 am

Hi,

thinking of Jan 2010 nose job in Yanhee, Bangkok. anyone want to join?

thanks
Frank

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Liposuction in Oct

Post by huskyjude » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 2:32 pm

I will be going for my tummy liposuction with Dr Arthur in Medan early oct (as I cannot get an earlier slot with Dr. Nara) & then to Dr. Nara for thigh/arm liposuction late oct. I also intend to do my eyes & nose depending on what Dr. Nara advises. Is it dangerous for me to time all these surgeries together within a month?

I am quite afraid of putting an implant into my nose. Is there a possibility to alter the nose shape without an implant? I do not need an ultra sharp & perfect nose, just a smaller & less round nose (that looks natural & not artificial) will do. Is that possible?

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 3:07 pm

now that tiger airways resumed their flights to hatyai, its really quite easy to take a flight there to get stuff done with nara

does anyone have any plans to hatyai for november?
08:midriff,thighs,arms vaser|face lipodissolve@TLC 09:lasik@PSLC|ceremic braces@alfred cheng|lipo revision@medan NEXT:lipo@medan|jaw@winston tan|nose@bk

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 1:25 am

I'll be going Nara for lipo in nov.
Since I'll be there for 7 days and away from office for 11 days
I thought of getting my nose done at the same time cos I might not have chance to have such a long leave in future.
11 days issit enough for the bruises ard the nose to go away?

My nose is flat, no tip and pointed up.
i'll say i have no bridge, to the extend i cant even take a side pic w/o showing my face! :-|

I had attached the front and a "side pic" for reference.
from the side pic, can see my nose turned upwards and the turqoise line i "drew" is the bridge. if you look carefully, the line is drawn btw my upper and lower lashes. the part blanked out is my eye. :oops:

Can anyone advice wat is to be done?
I wan a bridge and a nose which is not upturned! :(

PS: Pls dont' quote my pics. thanks. :)

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular

Post by perfectcut22 » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 2:44 am

sasa05_ wrote:I'll be going Nara for lipo in nov.
Since I'll be there for 7 days and away from office for 11 days
I thought of getting my nose done at the same time cos I might not have chance to have such a long leave in future.
11 days issit enough for the bruises ard the nose to go away?

My nose is flat, no tip and pointed up.
i'll say i have no bridge, to the extend i cant even take a side pic w/o showing my face! :-|

I had attached the front and a "side pic" for reference.
from the side pic, can see my nose turned upwards and the turqoise line i "drew" is the bridge. if you look carefully, the line is drawn btw my upper and lower lashes. the part blanked out is my eye. :oops:

Can anyone advice wat is to be done?
I wan a bridge and a nose which is not upturned! :(

PS: Pls dont' quote my pics. thanks. :)
Wah... your eyelashes so long... so nice ^_^

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:20 am

perfectcut22 wrote:Wah... your eyelashes so long... so nice ^_^
Perfectcut22,
thanks for the comment.
my eye lashes are actually not that long loh, i don't know why they look so long in the pic! :lol:

Have very swollen and fat eyelids, therefore double eyelids kinda hidden inside.
Want to do eyes also but recovery of eyes seems to take forever when i read through the thread.

i told my gf, so many things want to do, so little time, so little money, so many worries! hahaha :P

Anyway, read you'll be going to Nara in Nov too ya?
which dates will you be there? :)

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 4:21 pm

sasa05_ wrote:
How bad was the pain? as in how many days did the "real pain" lasted?
from your experience, you think if go alone will be able to cope everything by herself?

And the open stitch for the fluids to flow out, most posts i read is it'll last for about 1 day, is it alot and messy?

How swollen and bruise do u get?
Need some advice so i can bring the right clothings along.
Most of my clothes fits just nice only.

For comression garments, we measure according to our size now, but after lipo, we get swollen, is it very difficult to squeeze into it?
After you did your arms, were you be able to carry things or bathe etc?
Alone, need carry luggage, bathe, everything on my own.. :(

As for sinecch wise, whr you got it from?
I read a lady - Rachel do sell them, got her number down but don't know whether she's still selling them though.
Real pain was first 4 days, but the pain is like very achey. As if you have done one million sit ups. Still can go about doing your daily stuff, walking about. If you go alone, you may have a hard time putting on the CG, because they are quite tight esp you are very swollen after the lipo. Other than that, I think you can survive alone ordering room service and resting in your room for the first few days.

My arms felt ok, maybe because not alot of fat was taken out. Large areas are the most painful, like tummy and i heard that thighs also quite pain.

Do bring elastic clothings or loose clothing. I was so swollen that I wasn't able to wear all the bermudas that I brought.

As for CG, you order based on your current size now. Right after the lipo you are going to swell bigger than your current size but as you deswell (after 10 - 14 days) it will be comfortable. I got my Sinnech from Rachel, you can call her at 96371571. Hope this helps
:)

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:06 pm

Berserkmind wrote:Real pain was first 4 days, but the pain is like very achey. As if you have done one million sit ups. Still can go about doing your daily stuff, walking about. If you go alone, you may have a hard time putting on the CG, because they are quite tight esp you are very swollen after the lipo. Other than that, I think you can survive alone ordering room service and resting in your room for the first few days.

My arms felt ok, maybe because not alot of fat was taken out. Large areas are the most painful, like tummy and i heard that thighs also quite pain.

Do bring elastic clothings or loose clothing. I was so swollen that I wasn't able to wear all the bermudas that I brought.

As for CG, you order based on your current size now. Right after the lipo you are going to swell bigger than your current size but as you deswell (after 10 - 14 days) it will be comfortable. I got my Sinnech from Rachel, you can call her at 96371571. Hope this helps
:)
I read most ppl would say tummy is most painful.
I don't know how Nara is going to arrange which areas to go 1st but i'm thinking of having the most painful area to be done 1st so i can have more time for that area to recover. What do you think?

I read 1st stage is to be worn 1-2 weeks after op and stage 2 up to 8 weeks. When do u decide it's time to change to a stage 2 garment?
Also, I'm afraid after stage 1, i might down a size, so thinking whether i should get both stages together. or wait until i'm ready to go into a stage 2 then order.
You're post-op a few weeks already.
Have u drop any size or you felt yr clothes to be looser?

You stayed in lee gardens plaza?
was there wifi in the room?

pootie
Regular
Regular

Post by pootie » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 2:40 pm

actually i lipoed my inner and outer thighs and my stomach (whole abdominal area), the pain was okay and you will be able to walk like normal and do ur usual movements, you'll be able to sit and bend and wear pants / jeans.

i was puzzled to feel little or no pain in the abdomen area immediately or even days later.. my abdominal area is not completely flat, and to start with it was not big/fat to begin with. the difference was very little and only a little fat was drawn out..

pain factor for legs 2/10. pain factor for stomach 1/10 to 2/10.

i dun wear compression garments cos nara didnt say that its an absolute must.

by the way, cos i heard and saw from forum here its more painful for the stomach, i had my legs done, then my stomach on teh next day.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 7:46 pm

pootie wrote:actually i lipoed my inner and outer thighs and my stomach (whole abdominal area), the pain was okay and you will be able to walk like normal and do ur usual movements, you'll be able to sit and bend and wear pants / jeans.

i was puzzled to feel little or no pain in the abdomen area immediately or even days later.. my abdominal area is not completely flat, and to start with it was not big/fat to begin with. the difference was very little and only a little fat was drawn out..

pain factor for legs 2/10. pain factor for stomach 1/10 to 2/10.

i dun wear compression garments cos nara didnt say that its an absolute must.

by the way, cos i heard and saw from forum here its more painful for the stomach, i had my legs done, then my stomach on teh next day.
I'm big to start with so i guess fats taken out will be more.
so probably more painful? :???:
i read through the whole thread 2 times..
i only managed to see 1 big person who went and she's a friend of a forummer. Already pm her and ask if i could know more about her friend cos in her post in here, she mentioned her friend had 2 litres taken out from tummy and was in agony. :(

I had to have compression garments due to alot of horrible stretchmarks from childbirth. I need to get the skin to retract. I know stretchmarks wont be reduced or gone, might even get worse after lipo so must try all ways to get the skin to retract.
Seems like i'm the only 1 here with horrible stretchmarks to get a lipo.
When i emailed Dr Nara my tummy pics, he suggested a tummytuck for my case so guess it's really bad.
But i just want to have a better shape and look better in clothes so i'm only going for lipo.
Tummytuck very major, i'm quite scared and also I don't have so much time for the long recovery period.

anyway, your swelling all went away already?
how much are the inches lost?
If you don't mind, can pm me your before and after pics?