Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
lulla

Post by lulla » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 1:22 pm

tiger air return Singapore-Hatyai
from Nov 3, 2009 :D

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 1:59 pm

lulla wrote:tiger air return Singapore-Hatyai
from Nov 3, 2009 :D
oh my!! i wonder what is the price! :lol:

_niNg`-

Post by _niNg`- » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 3:12 pm

Yay! That is something we shud all be happy about! haha.
But I've already booked my coach going on the 25th Sept -_-

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 5:58 pm

Hi Ning,

Check with u, which agency u took for the coach?
1 way or 2 ways? and the pricing?

TIA :)

_niNg`-

Post by _niNg`- » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 9:39 pm

sasa05_ wrote:Hi Ning,

Check with u, which agency u took for the coach?
1 way or 2 ways? and the pricing?

Grassland.
2ways. $199 during Peak season.

If off peak season, $169.

Prices includes 2 nights hotel at Lee Gardens Plaza.

Blurze

Post by Blurze » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 7:40 pm

Hmmm, anyone got extra box to sinecch to spare......
Going for another visit again.....

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:28 am

Blurze wrote:Hmmm, anyone got extra box to sinecch to spare......
Going for another visit again.....
im looking for 1 box too. :)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 3:42 pm

how much do dr nara charge for the arms & tummy?

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 9:24 pm

To those of you that are intending to do lipo, please take care of your diet and eat well. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

I did my lipo 2 weeks ago and was recovering well. Thought everything was alright so went to eat junk food like potato chips and processed food high in salt content. The next day my body swelled at certain areas that lipo was done and was very sore and numb. Till now still swollen after a few days.

Warning: Take care of your diet after recovery and dont be frivolent!

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 6:10 pm

Berserkmind wrote:To those of you that are intending to do lipo, please take care of your diet and eat well. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

I did my lipo 2 weeks ago and was recovering well. Thought everything was alright so went to eat junk food like potato chips and processed food high in salt content. The next day my body swelled at certain areas that lipo was done and was very sore and numb. Till now still swollen after a few days.

Hi Berserkmind,

I'll be going for my lipo in 2 mths time.
Would like to get more advice from you as you had just been through it.
Is stage 1 CG necessary? I thought of saving $ and just get stage 2.
I want to do 4-5 areas, intending to get 2 packets of sinecch, how shld i take them?
How bad is the bruise and pain?

There're alot of things I would like to find out.
Would appreciate if you can pm me, i cant pm yet, less than 50 posts. :oops:

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 6:55 am

huskyjude wrote:
aadvark wrote:
huskyjude wrote:Hi all,

I was all set on going to Dr Nara for liposuction but was rather put off by another forummer's post in another forum who claimed her friend went to Dr Nara & was left with an ugly scar, the clinic was rather unhygiene & they re-used their needles!!

Is that true??
yes, it's all true, hence the forum has now 183 pages mainly dissing Nara...
there's no need to get sarcastic. We are all trying to gauge information from all sources.

the post came from cozycot - http://forums.cozycot.com/health/19731- ... on-40.html
sorry, it just boggled my mind when one post from another forum overrides many decent reviews from this one. Of cos, everyone should take what they read in a forum with a pinch of salt, but the logic behind this case baffles me... especially when the posts read "my friends did blah blah blah.... and they claimed blah blah blah..." basically 3rd-hand info

dun get me wrong, i'm not picking on you, huskyjude; just that we have many old-timers who painstakingly write detailed descriptions of their trips and ops etc, and too many newcomers who dun read the older posts and ask questions which have been repeated nth times.

sure, many of you will say "no one's asking you, aadvark, other people will be glad to answer me." but i think many old-timers might share my sentiments.

i understand that PS is a big step, so do read all the older posts. if you ask a question, you will get an opinion from maybe 2-3 forumers. if you read all the other posts, you will be absorbing all the experiences of multi-forumers, and i think that's a piece of logic no one can deny.

huskyjude: arms and tummy cost the same as other areas, nara charges 10,000 baht per area. check out http://www.dr-nara.com
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Vivigirl

Post by Vivigirl » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 3:09 pm

I'll share me nose surgery experience soon. First I like to ask, how clean should one go about cleaning nose surgery wounds? Is it ok that a bit of the dry blood is on the wound? I got quite a few conflicting comments abt cleaning it well and some that mention I should not over do it.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 9:33 pm

Some updates on my eyelids, epi, rhino & alar surgeries after 2.5 months.

My eyes looks rather natural with faint lateral scars by the side (hopefully will lighten more), alot bigger and sure look nicer as compare to my old eyes.
Epi fully recovered without noticeable scar, this surgery enhances the overall shape and size of my eyes.
Nose fully recovered, look higher, narrower and more pointed.

I was the subject on my last ex-classmates gathering 2 weeks back, full of compliments except one negative comment, I put on weight. I have became a couch potato ever since the surgeries thus, considering Vaser Lipo or Vaser Hi-Def Lipo now.

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:47 pm

sasa05_ wrote:
Berserkmind wrote:To those of you that are intending to do lipo, please take care of your diet and eat well. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Hi Berserkmind,

I'll be going for my lipo in 2 mths time.
Would like to get more advice from you as you had just been through it.
Is stage 1 CG necessary? I thought of saving $ and just get stage 2.
I want to do 4-5 areas, intending to get 2 packets of sinecch, how shld i take them?
How bad is the bruise and pain?

There're alot of things I would like to find out.
Would appreciate if you can pm me, i cant pm yet, less than 50 posts. :oops:

If you ask me, I felt that the stage 1 CG is really important. The science behind it is that Dr Nara uses "open stitching", which means that your wound is not sealed shut, and it allows the excess fluids to flow out of your wound immediately after surgery (Day 1). Wearing CG right after the surgery helps compress and "squeeze" the fluids out of the incisions and you will drip alot of liquid out. This will help reduce swelling and soreness, and speed up recovery. As you wear it for the next 2 weeks, it will help compress the area to reduce swelling as well.

The non-scientific reason is that it actually makes you feel more comfortable and less sore right after the surgery and over the next few days. Having the sore areas jiggle here and there when you walk is no fun at all. Compressing the part to prevent jiggling helps you get back to doing your usual activities faster.

Personally, I didnt get stage 2. So I cannot comment, but I intend to wear my stage 1 for at least a month.

As for Sineech, I took 2 packets because my surgery was over 2 days. Dr Nara only does 1 area per day, so you may need 2 packets for 4 days of surgery. I am not sure if you need to take more than 2, or if there is any side effects of taking too much.

Just remember to prop up the areas that you have done the lipo in the first 48 hrs to reduce bruising and swelling.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 1:49 pm

aadvark wrote:
huskyjude wrote:
aadvark wrote: yes, it's all true, hence the forum has now 183 pages mainly dissing Nara...
there's no need to get sarcastic. We are all trying to gauge information from all sources.

the post came from cozycot - http://forums.cozycot.com/health/19731- ... on-40.html
sorry, it just boggled my mind when one post from another forum overrides many decent reviews from this one. Of cos, everyone should take what they read in a forum with a pinch of salt, but the logic behind this case baffles me... especially when the posts read "my friends did blah blah blah.... and they claimed blah blah blah..." basically 3rd-hand info

dun get me wrong, i'm not picking on you, huskyjude; just that we have many old-timers who painstakingly write detailed descriptions of their trips and ops etc, and too many newcomers who dun read the older posts and ask questions which have been repeated nth times.

sure, many of you will say "no one's asking you, aadvark, other people will be glad to answer me." but i think many old-timers might share my sentiments.

i understand that PS is a big step, so do read all the older posts. if you ask a question, you will get an opinion from maybe 2-3 forumers. if you read all the other posts, you will be absorbing all the experiences of multi-forumers, and i think that's a piece of logic no one can deny.

huskyjude: arms and tummy cost the same as other areas, nara charges 10,000 baht per area. check out http://www.dr-nara.com
Thanks aadvark for the link.

Dr. Nara considers the tummy 2 areas, both arms one area whereas Dr Arthur from Medan divides the tummy area into 5 areas - lower & upper tummy, waist, flanks & lower back. So I was just wondering if Dr Nara charges different parts as one area each or considers the whole abdomen area as one area.

So I would like to ask if anyone who did their abdomen/tummy area if Dr. Nara did the side areas of the waist & lovehandles as well?

It's rather hard to get an appt with Dr Nara. He's fully taken up this month & next. I managed to get a slot on 23 oct but I would much like to go earlier.