Singapore Expats

Chinese tea

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lipo

Chinese tea

Post by Lipo » Tue, 28 Dec 2004 9:01 pm

Sometimes when I drink chinese tea after my meal, I get hungry very easily after 3-4 hours. Does chinese tea have an effect on the food? Is it good or bad?

pastrian.allac

Post by pastrian.allac » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:35 am

Tea is claimed to be acidic, lemon drink as well. Maybe your stomach reacts more towards citrus drinks, hence would get hungry coz the tea might have washed down the oils u consume and aid in digestion. Do you have gastric problem? If yes, don't consume too much tea.

tealeaf

tea

Post by tealeaf » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:43 am

Sounds logical to me..tea is like a double-edged sword, drink it to help digestion and reduce weight but on the other hand, it makes you so hungry so fast...

Little Girl

Chinese Tea

Post by Little Girl » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 1:56 pm

For me, it is coffee. (too much coffee will cause dehydration & less calcium in the body)

I agree with pastrian.allac that tea is acidic

One thing for sure is that you cannot use the tea leafs over and over again in the tea pot - 2 rounds will be fine. It is because it will become extremely acidic. You can't help it when ordering it from hawker stall, etc because the Chinese Tea is in the big bowl/pot and the tea leafs are underneath.

Hey I do not know whether you believe this or not? Heard it from Chinese older folks that drinking too much of tea for ladies, will cause a lot of white discharge and for both men and women weaken bones.... it seems like too cooling for the body - the yin & yang kinda thing.

But what about Green Tea then? Its antioxidant.

So the key is moderation.

Cheers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 8:32 pm

The actual pH of Tea is just below neutral to the acidic side, but would not effect your stomach in an acidic way, your stomach acid being around pH 2. Tea is healthy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea

The feeling to eat more, is more likely to be a psychological problem, than the tea, that i am positive about, anything from stress to boredom may make you eat more, I doubt very much tea is responsible!

Eating fruit will produce more acid than all the tea in China :) , your body needs acids all day every day, so the compounds can be synthesised, and all the little molecules enhanced with a job to do.

PricillaQueen

Post by PricillaQueen » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:16 pm

i find when i drink too much tea i get constipation =X
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Teresa

whiteheron

Post by whiteheron » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:55 am

me to.... and cant sleep whole day at night!!
<object>
<param>
</object>

foodiefoodie

Chinese Tea

Post by foodiefoodie » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 1:30 am

chinese tea has levels of caffeine. To minimize the impact and to enjoy the tea, do ensure that the tea leaves are NOT left soaking in the pot. Use a infuser teapot or cup with infuser. Pour hot water into the pot/cup and allow it to cover the leaves in the infuser for about 3 mins. Then take out the infuser...

If you still can't sleep, try not to take tea after 3pm or 4pm..

Hope this helps..

cheers,
Foodie
Yours Deliciously.. engaging your senses..
http://yoursdeliciously.blogspot.com/

trumpet
Regular
Regular

Post by trumpet » Wed, 09 Sep 2009 7:09 pm

The first time I drink chinese tea, I felt giddy! :o

I was told chinese tea helps especially when you have very oily food.

I was also told that we shouldnt take medicine with chinese tea, as it nuetralizes the effects of the medicine. Wonder how true is that?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:54 am

trumpet wrote:The first time I drink chinese tea, I felt giddy! :o

I was told chinese tea helps especially when you have very oily food.

I was also told that we shouldnt take medicine with chinese tea, as it nuetralizes the effects of the medicine. Wonder how true is that?
Not true at all. Tea and any other drink containing acids may enhance the medicine effect or destroy it, depends on many factors, with regards to the biochemical make up of medicine.

Black tea and green tea, are good weight loss teas, although it also depends on the quality of the crop, and how its been cared for. Joe blogs wouldn't have a clue, and doesn't really care, he just drinks because he likes it, probably also puts milk in it, if he's a Brit :lol: No i'm not taking the P--s , all Brits drink tea with milk until they are told differently, tea drinking is a highly skilled profession not for the under classes, they get the dregs, that taste so bitter you need to put milk and honey in it! :wink: Yes i'm joking! PG tips is the best!