Singapore Expats

Company CPF Contribution for Non PR Foreigner

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 6:08 pm

In addition to all the above discussion, you have to pay additional tax on the employers contribution that they are topping up on your salary as it's not deductible for tax purposes. However, should you take up PR then you would lose 34.5% of your current salary (the employer would start paying the employers amount and you would have 20% of your basic salary as well deducted, and the 20% deducted from your salary is a deduction from your gross income for tax purposes as well. The Last couple of years that they allowed EP's to contribute to CPF after the mandatory contribution was done away with in '95 all became taxable income without deduction.

SE, I'm pretty sure of that as well. I knew a lot of companies who actually paid the CPF contributions after the mandatory part was done away with because of the income disparity until that voluntary part was closed as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers