Singapore Expats

Singapore PR Rejected

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:24 am

I'm not real sure as that was a long, long time ago, but it was several months at least. I though, as it was taking so long, it was as good sign, but I was mistaken. At the end of the day, The government is testing foreigners in order to try to keep them from abusing the system (even though they know a lot are going to do it anyway). They are probably playing the percentages as well.

You do know, if you get PR, and you change jobs, your worth will probably decrease as you will not longer be foreign talent. Therefore you will get what the locals get. :oops: That's why most company's want only Citizens or PR's. Has nothing to do with the hassles of applying for EP's. It's cheaper.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Oh, and unfortunately, I have to agree with lgm. Having been on this board for 5+ years, statistically, about the only thing people from the Subcontinent and from North Asia (China) are equal in, both statistically and numerically, are the number of spammers we get. The number of PRC's with questions that are easily found using the search engine are rare to almost nil. While we get them virtually daily from the Subcontinent.
Maybe, just maybe, this has a teeny tiny bit of correlation to the fact that virtually everybody from India coming to Singapore speaks English, while virtually none of the PRC's immigrants do...?

I suspect there's probably a Chinese-language expat forum out there where the regulars curse PRC guys for spamming and asking silly questions and pine for well-behaved, quiet Indians :P
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:56 am

:lol: Good point!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 1:49 pm

jpatokal wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Oh, and unfortunately, I have to agree with lgm. Having been on this board for 5+ years, statistically, about the only thing people from the Subcontinent and from North Asia (China) are equal in, both statistically and numerically, are the number of spammers we get. The number of PRC's with questions that are easily found using the search engine are rare to almost nil. While we get them virtually daily from the Subcontinent.
Maybe, just maybe, this has a teeny tiny bit of correlation to the fact that virtually everybody from India coming to Singapore speaks English, while virtually none of the PRC's immigrants do...?

I suspect there's probably a Chinese-language expat forum out there where the regulars curse PRC guys for spamming and asking silly questions and pine for well-behaved, quiet Indians :P
Good point, that would be Hardwarezone.com.sg :wink: Then again there is a fair share of China Chinese in this forum as well. Their questions usually are about family ties applications and bringing their parents into Singapore from my observation.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:01 am

Hi,
I called the ICA call centre about the status of the appeal and they told me "The application is in the Final Stage". Last time also they told the same but I received a rejection letter shortly. Since, they say the same this time also and since they did not say as "approved" does it mean that if they are "saying final stage of the application" and "you will get a letter in 2 weeks and wait for the letter" the application is Rejected?. Any one can advise based on their experience ?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:05 am

Did you talk to a machine or a human being? Was it the same human being? If not, how to know that they all are reading from a script? (Of course, all civil servants read from scripts!) Guess you are just gonna have to wait.
sms

Also, please do not spam identical messages across multiple threads. We frown upon that. Most of us don't like to read the same posts every time we open up a new thread.

Thanks - moderator

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:12 am

Hi SMS,
I was speaking to a person. So, You mean that it need not be negative again ?

Thanks

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:29 am

singaporeflyer wrote:I was speaking to a person. So, You mean that it need not be negative again ?
English comprehension is not your forte, now is it :???:

"Final stage of application" = they have not decided yet whether it's approved or rejected.

Of course, based on what you've told us, the odds are 99% that you'll be rejected again and told to come back a year later.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:48 am

Hi jpatokal,
Thanks for your constant wishes for my PR to be rejected. Thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 1:33 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Hi jpatokal,
Thanks for your constant wishes for my PR to be rejected. Thanks
I was reading on the website, that Q1 holders must wait a minimum 2 years...only last month

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 3:20 pm

jpatokal wrote: "Final stage of application" = they have not decided yet whether it's approved or rejected.
In my opinion this is not correct :wink: Have a look at my applying for PR while overseas thread. They told me that my application was in the final stage when I called. That was on Friday. On Monday I had the letter from the High Commission in my letterbox telling me it was approved. The same has been reported by user IreSG two weeks later in the same thread.

Bottom line: if they tell you that the application is in the final stage that does mean they have reached a conclusion and the letter is being dispatched/has already been dispatched. If an application is still being processed they just tell you that it is still processing.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Thanks for your constant wishes for my PR to be rejected. Thanks
Would it really make you happier if we lied to you and told you you were guaranteed to get your PR? We're telling it as we see it, now you tell us what happens when you do get the response...

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:29 pm

littlegreenman wrote:Bottom line: if they tell you that the application is in the final stage that does mean they have reached a conclusion and the letter is being dispatched/has already been dispatched. If an application is still being processed they just tell you that it is still processing.
OK, agreed, but my point is that -- contrary to singaporeflyer's hopes -- you cannot tell if the decision was positive or negative from that alone.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 06 Sep 2009 7:58 pm

jpatokal wrote:
littlegreenman wrote:Bottom line: if they tell you that the application is in the final stage that does mean they have reached a conclusion and the letter is being dispatched/has already been dispatched. If an application is still being processed they just tell you that it is still processing.
OK, agreed, but my point is that -- contrary to singaporeflyer's hopes -- you cannot tell if the decision was positive or negative from that alone.
- Let us wait for the reply from GOD !

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Sun, 06 Sep 2009 8:41 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
jpatokal wrote:
- Let us wait for the reply from GOD !
That has nothing to do with god, but a civil servant working 9 to 5 at ICA processing applications all day long based on the guidelines he was given. If you score well enough based on your attributes then it gets approved, otherwise it doesn't. Straight forward.