Singapore Expats

Tips on losing weight ( lots of weight ).

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Dj SharK

Tips on losing weight ( lots of weight ).

Post by Dj SharK » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 5:55 am

Hi,

I stumble upon this site while searching for some stuff on Google. This site sure looks good with a lot of open discussions about almost anything and everything.

I'm not going to bore you anymore with my rant. I'll get right to the chase.

I'm really in desperate need to lose weight. Lots of it. I'm a big guy. To be exact, i'm about the 110kg area and standing at 1.72m. That's bad. Very bad. I was not born big. During my childhood up till my primary school years, i was thin. Something went wrong somewhere and i let myself got this big. I've tried dieting and it doesn't work all that good. By dieting, i mean i ate campbelle's mushroom soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1 can a day ( the standard regular size can ). Did that for 3 weeks and my weight remains the same. So i stopped.

I know, i would answers like "go for a jog / cardio / etc ". But i was hoping for tips from someone preferably that was obese previously and lost a whole lot of weight or just about anybody that have a fair bit of knowledge in this area. Maybe something in detail. Like, what type of exercise should i start off with, what food should i stay away from, what's the best type of food to eat, etc. You know, everything. In baby-steps but with noticeable change. I'm not ready to hit the gym scene yet. I'm too big to be seen flapping around in public. Very self-conscious.

Long story short, I'm just sick of being big and being looked at differently by people. I'm only 23 and already have a pretty bad hypertension issue.

That's a really long one i just typed. So yeah, i hope to get some tips from users here.

So long and hope to hear from you guys soon. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 7:14 am

Have you read through the following thread to see just what my program did for me?

I am a new Man! \:D/

I started it on January 13th, 2008. I finished it on 16 June 2008 and lost a total of 25 kg from obese to normal bmi in 22 weeks. I've been finished the programme now for over 14 months and today I weigh around 2kg more than my finish weight and fluctuate between my finish weight and +2.5 kg.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dj SharK

Post by Dj SharK » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 4:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Have you read through the following thread to see just what my program did for me?

I am a new Man! \:D/

I started it on January 13th, 2008. I finished it on 16 June 2008 and lost a total of 25 kg from obese to normal bmi in 22 weeks. I've been finished the programme now for over 14 months and today I weigh around 2kg more than my finish weight and fluctuate between my finish weight and +2.5 kg.

sms
I have not. But i'll look at it now. I might exchange a couple of Private Message with you if i have any questions. :wink:

Scartoon wrote:For me, I took the TRA Programme and lose 6kg and 8cm in waist since May 2007...still maintaing still even thoug i have completed the programme 2 years back.

its targetting at losing fats, increasing metabolism and healthy diet. I have seen several 100 plus kg fren and ppl with medical condition improved after that.

let me know if u r interested to look at it.
What is a TRA programme anyways? I'll shoot you a PM as well just so i could understand this thing a little better. Thanks. :wink:

Edit : Looks like the PM feature is disabled till i make more posts. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 7:01 pm

Yeah, you need 5 posts and it will automatically activate the send function.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dj SharK

Post by Dj SharK » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 7:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, you need 5 posts and it will automatically activate the send function.
Sounds easy enough. I'll get to it asap.

1 more to go <Am>

jpatokal

Re: Tips on losing weight ( lots of weight ).

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:06 pm

Dj SharK wrote:I've tried dieting and it doesn't work all that good. By dieting, i mean i ate campbelle's mushroom soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1 can a day ( the standard regular size can ). Did that for 3 weeks and my weight remains the same. So i stopped.
No offense, but that just might be the worst diet plan ever. :shock: Over 50% of the calories in that can of soup are fat, and it also contains way too much sodium.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories- ... oup-i81715
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sachik

Post by sachik » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 2:41 pm

Daily have oats. Best option is in night time.
And see the result.
Ofcourse weight loss is different to many. Not always work for everyone.
You should try around the best options.

primavera

Post by primavera » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 9:12 pm

Hi, I think first of all you need to change your bad habbits, like eat a lot and everything, smoking, drinking etc.... and your way of living should become more and more healthy. Of course it needs time, but you need to start and as soos as possible, don't loos time! You are not satisfied of yourself now and you are asking the help/ advise - this is the first step! good for you!
and start exercise, do some sports activity, you can start from yoga for example, it's good for all people and all ages, yot can have privat classes at home if you too shy to go to the group... think about and good luck!!!

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

I have tried TRA too...like one of the frenz has mentioned in this forum..happy with the results and the diet guide has helped me to maintain for a few years ..
Dj SharK wrote:Hi,

I stumble upon this site while searching for some stuff on Google. This site sure looks good with a lot of open discussions about almost anything and everything.

I'm not going to bore you anymore with my rant. I'll get right to the chase.

I'm really in desperate need to lose weight. Lots of it. I'm a big guy. To be exact, i'm about the 110kg area and standing at 1.72m. That's bad. Very bad. I was not born big. During my childhood up till my primary school years, i was thin. Something went wrong somewhere and i let myself got this big. I've tried dieting and it doesn't work all that good. By dieting, i mean i ate campbelle's mushroom soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1 can a day ( the standard regular size can ). Did that for 3 weeks and my weight remains the same. So i stopped.

I know, i would answers like "go for a jog / cardio / etc ". But i was hoping for tips from someone preferably that was obese previously and lost a whole lot of weight or just about anybody that have a fair bit of knowledge in this area. Maybe something in detail. Like, what type of exercise should i start off with, what food should i stay away from, what's the best type of food to eat, etc. You know, everything. In baby-steps but with noticeable change. I'm not ready to hit the gym scene yet. I'm too big to be seen flapping around in public. Very self-conscious.

Long story short, I'm just sick of being big and being looked at differently by people. I'm only 23 and already have a pretty bad hypertension issue.

That's a really long one i just typed. So yeah, i hope to get some tips from users here.

So long and hope to hear from you guys soon. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 8:06 pm

dudecfs wrote:Hi,

I have tried TRA too...like one of the frenz has mentioned in this forum..happy with the results and the diet guide has helped me to maintain for a few years ..
dudecfs, I'm curious. How many kilo did you lose (start & finish weight)? Also you gender, height & age would be of interest as well for our readers.

Thanks,
sms

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 1:42 am

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

I'm a guy with a height of 1.78m.
Weight: from 78.7kg to 72.2kg
BMI: from 24.8to 22.8
Body Fats% 26.8 to 24
Visceral Fats from 9 to 7
waist drop by 10 cm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
dudecfs wrote:Hi,

dudecfs, I'm curious. How many kilo did you lose (start & finish weight)? Also you gender, height & age would be of interest as well for our readers.

Thanks,
sms

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 3:18 am

As your BMI was already in normal range before your started your programme, I wonder why you went on a weight loss programme in the first place?

More than likely, any good exercise programme would probably have produced the same results. What I think our posters are looking for here are those who are pretty much at the upper end of the "overweight" category and above (like I was!)

Congratulation however, on keeping it off. So long as you are healthier for it, that's all that matters.

sms

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 1:17 am

the normal bmi for asian men should be <23.

Took up the programme more for the health reasons, the body fats is slightly over the mark and the Visceral Fats (Fats around the stomach that wraps the vital organs) is borderline. these are the ones that always cause health problems. like high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. I have seen the testimonials from some of the shows and talks tat had on how some of the "bigger" ones regain their health after the prog.

2% drop in body and visceral fats may seem little but its helps to get rid of my beer belly and love handles kekekeeke

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As your BMI was already in normal range before your started your programme, I wonder why you went on a weight loss programme in the first place?

More than likely, any good exercise programme would probably have produced the same results. What I think our posters are looking for here are those who are pretty much at the upper end of the "overweight" category and above (like I was!)

Congratulation however, on keeping it off. So long as you are healthier for it, that's all that matters.

sms

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Tue, 29 Sep 2009 7:47 pm

Hi,

did u manage to getht he info on TRA? or have u embarked on any Weight management programme. quite concern about yr weight and the health esp the hbp.

Scartoon wrote:For me, I took the TRA Programme and lose 6kg and 8cm in waist since May 2007...still maintaing still even thoug i have completed the programme 2 years back.

its targetting at losing fats, increasing metabolism and healthy diet. I have seen several 100 plus kg fren and ppl with medical condition improved after that.

let me know if u r interested to look at it.
What is a TRA programme anyways? I'll shoot you a PM as well just so i could understand this thing a little better. Thanks. :wink:

Edit : Looks like the PM feature is disabled till i make more posts. :roll:[/quote]

hoshinoakina

Post by hoshinoakina » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 3:59 pm

hi Dj SharK,

did you manage to lose weight in the end?