Singapore Expats

PR application processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 4:17 am

ironandwine wrote:Anyone know the hotline number? Can't seem to find it on the website and wouldn't mind checking up on my status. Thanks!
Well, it is not really rocket science to get the number. It is on the ICA website of course under contact info :???:

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Re: About PR Processing Status

Post by littlegreenman » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 4:19 am

kyawzawlin2006 wrote:Hi!
Everbody R welcome.
How can I check PR Processing Status in online?Anyone can help me pls?
Can I get or not?I applied PR previous 2 months ago.
best wishes,
kzl
Can not. Got to be patient wan.

irvine
Chatter
Chatter

Post by irvine » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:50 pm

Patience is a virtue.

Mine took close to 3 months. Not to worry, there's a time and place for everything..

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 5:33 pm

I applied 3 weeks ago and I was told I will receive news in 3/6 months time....

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 5:55 pm

2 months for me!

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 6:21 pm

3 months 8 days for me but then the High Commission delayed sending the letter by another 10 days.

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:38 am

In the case of people I've talked to recently, one got approval after exactly 3 monhts, the other got rejection after 3 months and a week.

tgd

PR approval time/pending

Post by tgd » Sun, 05 Feb 2012 8:45 pm

tobeexpat wrote:Ahh~~~ 7 weeks have passed since submission of PR application. No result yet. Am I the only one here?
I assure you, "we" are probably not the only ones out there; I applied on 15 December; still "Pending" and like you, I hear all the rumors of when things will be potentially be prepared, I also get potential false hope as a professional (doctor/USA), moderate income and having applied as a family of four with one of my kids being a boy (fingers crossed; if that helps, can he go now?, it would do him some good, lol...totally j/k, just more solid daddy work ahead but the boy has some serious energy, so more sports ahead :);

well, going into nearly 2 months on the 15th of Feb and I have holidays I have to take into account too I imagine? Christmas/NYE/CNY....geez, fingers crossed on this one, I have been in SG for three years now and I think I would have a lot of not happy patients writing in if things didn't go as hoped/planned :)...Wishing you all the very best!! Cheers!!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 05 Feb 2012 9:15 pm

Not sure why you chose to respond to a post from 2006 as I don't think it's representative of the current situation. Your best option to get more up to date info on the 'range' of PR processing times being encountered nowadays is to use the search function (above and to the right of where you're reading now). This topic is discussed at length (some would say ad nauseum) here and you will find a wide range of experiences.

The key point to take away is that no two PR applications are the same. Every application is assessed on its own merits, so taking other people's experience as an indicator of your own likelihood of success and processing time is of limited benefit.

For example, I was told at the end of June last year that my PR application would take 4-6 months to process and my PR was granted after 4 months. Some people have had faster approvals; others are still waiting after a year or more. Many others have been rejected. Like I said, if you use the search function you'll find a rich variety of information, including discussions about why that is the case. But a little patience will probably be needed in the current climate.
Be careful what you wish for