Singapore Expats

pigmentation problem

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
help

pigmentation problem

Post by help » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 2:46 pm

IS there anyone can recommend me where can i find a good doctor for my peimentaion problem??

I have been to many facial salon but no cure at all. Furthermore, I have spend more than 10 K on those salon. All my money are gone. These beauty salon always said "No problem" when u sign the course but when comes to the end, they asked asked u sign another course to continue. If not, the pigmentation cannot be cure. What do u think??

pastrian.allac

Post by pastrian.allac » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 4:24 pm

How old are u? If yours are very serious, perhaps you could pay a visit to a dermatologist? Don't waste anymore money on facial salons if they can't solve your problems. That's the thing I hate about facial salons, constant pesters and hard-sell tactics. :roll:

help

pigmentation problem

Post by help » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 6:49 pm

pastrian.allac wrote:How old are u? If yours are very serious, perhaps you could pay a visit to a dermatologist? Don't waste anymore money on facial salons if they can't solve your problems. That's the thing I hate about facial salons, constant pesters and hard-sell tactics. :roll:
I'm 29 yrs old. I got pigmentation for almost 20 yrs plus. Where can i get a reliable dermatologist??

Post by Guest » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:59 am

do u use any other products to help with the fading of the pigmentation? do u use UV protection daily or lotions to help the skin recover and lighten...

help

pigmentation problem

Post by help » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:03 am

Anonymous wrote:do u use any other products to help with the fading of the pigmentation? do u use UV protection daily or lotions to help the skin recover and lighten...
I do, all i used are whitening but seems like no improvement. Maybe just to control and protect my skin.

pastrian.allac

Post by pastrian.allac » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:28 am

Perhaps your condition worsens as years go by. However, you can't diminish the effects of ur current whitening regime which helps to avoid your condition from deteriorating. I'm not really sure how worst is your pigmentation. But you can always check out Ministry of Health to get the list of trusted dermatologists, perhaps. Or through word of mouth...

hgh

Post by hgh » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 9:26 pm

why not use ZA products? at least better than whitia! available from most watson's stores...

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 9:59 pm

Hi! what kind of skin problem are u having. i do facial and we use very fine fossil shell from fresh water lake. Perhaps u cud sent me an email to [email protected] and the price is very reasonable, if after reading your mail and i think i can't help u, i will refer u to a skin doctor.

Regards,
angel

Gold

Post by Gold » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:41 pm

help,

Pigmentation has to be adressed at 3 phases - activation. synthesis. expression.

Most products only address the synthesis phase, which halters the transformation of melanocyte to melanin. Problem is the skin gets irritated that way cuz you are doing something against the natural way the body works, it's called homeostasis in biology.

Why don't you try the Tri-phasic White system? I have seen much improvement with it. Considering you have spent so much on facial salons, better get it right once and for all =)

cheers