Singapore Expats

Bukit Timah mums' group

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
beatrix

Bukit Timah mums' group

Post by beatrix » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 2:54 pm

Hi there

I've only been in Singapore since the start of the year and have a 22 mth old and a 9 wk old (both girls). I haven't gotten out much lately but am keen to get this ball rolling again.

We're in Bukit Timah, near the nature reserve, and can travel a bit.

Any mums out there keen to combine childrearing with coffee and adult conversation once a week??

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 3:31 pm

hi.. if you stay near the nature reserve we may be neighbors! pity i don't have children for your playgroup but if you'd like a glass of wine or something after hours give me a buzz!

alison.h

Post by alison.h » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Beatrix

I also live close by, I have a 7-month old boy. We have been in Singapore since Feb. Let's arrange a meet up sometime?

sullyrouge

Post by sullyrouge » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Beatrix

I'd definitely be up for some adult conversation and coffee if we can get something organised. I have a 2 year old girl and 6 month old boy and live in Bukit Timah.

Viki

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 1:36 am

i'd like to join this group even if i don't have kids now.... would be willing to offer my place since i don't have kids and can prepare stuff. we can have wine/coffee/tea by the pool so the kids can play in the playground in front of us.

Let me know when is a good time!

hamzes

just arrived with 20 month old boy

Post by hamzes » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 9:44 am

Hi..i have just got to singapore recently with my husband and 20month yr old son from the UK.. please let me know if u guys have any room for another mum in ur group..as i would like my son and I to meet new people! thanks

beatrix

This is looking good

Post by beatrix » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 3:11 pm

Hi to everyone who's responded,

It's great to see there are other ladies in my position! The more the merrier, I say.

Patsy, your offer is very generous. Where are you situated? Is it central and convenient to those who might come along? If it's too much of a burden to host us, perhaps we could meet by my condo's pool, as there's plenty of room, it's a lovely pool and there's a playground next to it (so we could cater for all possibilities). I live at Southaven II on Hindhede Walk.

Or if a cafe is a better option, how about Picotin on Turf Club Rd or Fidgets indoor play centre at Turf City?

What's the consensus?

Generally Mon, Tues or Fri mornings suit us perfectly.

alison.h

Post by alison.h » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 5:50 pm

Hi there
Wednesdays and Fridays are generally good for me. How about arranging something for Friday this week to get started? I am quite happy with any of the proposals, Beatrix you are within walking distance but the Turf City options are also fine.

hamzes

Post by hamzes » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 7:52 pm

Hi.. i have read ur posts..me and my son would like to come along also to the turf city..we been here only a few days and have no idea where places are! we are staying in a service apt at the moment near mount elizabeth hospital..if i get a taxi will it be a long way/expensive to turf city?
let me know,
thanks
Sara

sullyrouge

Post by sullyrouge » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:58 pm

Hi

Sara, taxi to Turf City should only take about 10mins so not that expensive.

We can't make Friday, but wondered if anyone was free to meet up next Tuesday? Apologies for complicating the process by trying to organise second date!

Has anyone tried the Sol playground cafe at Turf City?

Viki

Jennyflower76

Post by Jennyflower76 » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 4:19 am

Hello
I'm moving to Sinagpore next Friday and will likely be living in Bukit Timah. I have a 2 year old (it's his birthday today :) ) and he'd love to make some new friends.
I'll get back in touch once I'm settled.
Jen x

hamzes

Post by hamzes » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 7:33 am

Hi everyone i can make next tuesday! i will be looking forward to it.. me and my son are definitely keen to meet some friends.
let me know for sure the time place etc..
thanks
Sara

katy2

Post by katy2 » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 8:52 am

Hi there,

We will be moving to Singapore on Saturday 8/1 from the US. We are moving to Marbella condo on Mt. Sinai Rise. I have no idea where anything is at this point but hopefully after we have been there a few weeks I could jump into your group. I have a 21 month old girl and a 5 year old boy who is starting Kindergarten at SAS.

Glad to hear there are a bunch of moms in the same boat.

Look forward to meeting you.
Katy

sullyrouge

Post by sullyrouge » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 9:27 am

Looks like we might be able to get a substantial group together. Good luck with the moves Jen and Katy. It doesn't take long to find your feet in Singapore. We've been here 3 weeks and I've got most stuff sorted - apart from friends for my two little ones!

Shall we try the Sol playground cafe at Turf City on Tuesday morning? About 10am?

Viki

beatrix

Post by beatrix » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 2:29 pm

Great, see you all then!

Hope you both get in touch when you're settled, Katy and Jen.

Anyone else coming along to the NMSG (New Mothers' Support Group) social at Gymboree in Tanglin Mall this Fri afternoon from 3-4:30pm? If so, we'll meet you then. We haven't been to one before but they sound like fun.