Singapore Expats

Need help with business start-up

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
geden

Need help with business start-up

Post by geden » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 3:16 am

im starting my own business can anyone give me some advise where are some good location for setting up a car garage? if possible add or building name ill try to google it.contacts will even be better.

my business is car related not those repair type but ill be introducing a certain product in. any advise will help in my business startup

Please confine your signature to a single line of text OR a single hyperlink as per forum policy. - moderator

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic38617.html

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:06 pm

You'll find the AMK AutoPoint and Sin Ming as the two more common areas for car workshops. There is another at Defu.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:45 pm

That all depends on your product, if its the conversion part of the engine, or actually the CNG station.

It is relevant to know, because Singapore does have a tendency to segment car dealerships, on the other hand gas stations research maybe better discovered through government offices, for development.

It's encouraging business in Singapore, such a small Island means the cars are probably wasting a lot of boot space. My only worry would be the danger of a lethal weapon in the hands of Singaporean drivers, probably much more lethal than petrol and diesel.

There is an area at Tai Keng Court, with a couple of second hand car dealers, this area is cheap because the whole site, is waiting to be enblocked in the next few years when the surge in development and prices take off.

Taxi's would be my first approach in this business, there are over 4000 taxi's, that will keep you busy for quite a while, there should be also government grants available for changing over to alternative energy. You can contact http://taxisingapore.com/taxi-companies/smrt-taxis/ they have 3000 cabs. There is a list of all the cabbies to follow up.

geden

Post by geden » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 5:01 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:You'll find the AMK AutoPoint and Sin Ming as the two more common areas for car workshops. There is another at Defu.
whats the price compare to those in eunos, ubi, kakit bukit? are those like ubi where u have to drive up or ground floor type?

ksl wrote:That all depends on your product, if its the conversion part of the engine, or actually the CNG station.

There is an area at Tai Keng Court, with a couple of second hand car dealers, this area is cheap because the whole site, is waiting to be enblocked in the next few years when the surge in development and prices take off.
we're introducing a device to help improve fuel efficiency not CNG duh.

regarding Tai Keng Count is the news of en-bloc out or they are wait for it? ill go take a look THANKS

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 8:03 pm

geden wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:You'll find the AMK AutoPoint and Sin Ming as the two more common areas for car workshops. There is another at Defu.
whats the price compare to those in eunos, ubi, kakit bukit? are those like ubi where u have to drive up or ground floor type?

This is an EXPAT board. Why are you asking about car workshop prices here instead of getting out and doing your homework?

ksl wrote:That all depends on your product, if its the conversion part of the engine, or actually the CNG station.

Speaking of DUH, which 'amazing product' are you planning on selling? The little propeller in the intake? The metal strip in the tank that 'activates' the petrol? The magnets on the fuel line? Or the little device that connects across the battery? Or maybe, a petrol additive? Or maybe an oil additive? It is illegal in Singapore to change out the engine control module, one way you might actually get better mileage.

Singapore is a heaven for snake oil salesmen. No consumer protection. CASE is a complete joke in spite of alleged consumer protection laws. The libel laws insure that one has to spend $50,000 to prove that a vendor is screwing the client instead of having the vendor prove up the product.

I'll bet you $100 right now you have no scientific tests to back up your product.

regarding Tai Keng Count is the news of en-bloc out or they are wait for it? ill go take a look THANKS
Last edited by Strong Eagle on Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 8:53 pm

geden wrote:

Now your kidding me, right! Like the ones on motorbikes :roll: ..duh! duh! Then i advise you to look into Compressed Natural Gas This was related to your online survey which was deleted. duh!
Last edited by ksl on Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geden

duh...

Post by geden » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:19 pm

now im here asking for advise on starting a business and yet im getting flood by people tat dont even know wat im selling typical and did i say im from CNG no and dont make me take my test report from PSB n slam it in your face...

im not trying to ofend anyone but seems like im being offended if dont bother to help juz ignore this i dont nid people to tell me wat i can or not

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: duh...

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:28 pm

geden wrote:now im here asking for advise on starting a business and yet im getting flood by people tat dont even know wat im selling typical and did i say im from CNG no and dont make me take my test report from PSB n slam it in your face...

im not trying to ofend anyone but seems like im being offended if dont bother to help juz ignore this i dont nid people to tell me wat i can or not
If you notice, it was you, yourself that came back with a sarcastic remark duh
interj. (Slang) no kidding! , you don't say! (used sarcastically) but maybe you use it all the time. You ask for help and say nothing, but leave a survey for people to fill in. I wasted around 5 minutes of my time getting you links, and you return with a duh! what do you really expect? No one is telling you what to do or not to do, although i gave up reading crystal balls last year!

geden

Post by geden » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:31 pm

maybe its my slang my duh= though maybe u misinterpret it with something else like i say i appreciate all the help i got here

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:34 pm

If the product was any good, it would have been on the front page of every newspaper, TV newscast and technical journal online in the world. But, if you have to "introduce it" it generally means a con job. Sorry, but most of us have seen them a hundred times in dozens of countries. You can't fault people for voicing their opinions on an open board especially when a feller wants to scam the public with a new "miracle" device.

:roll:

Why don't you go sell it to Obama! :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:35 pm

geden wrote:maybe its my slang my duh= though maybe u misinterpret it with something else like i say i appreciate all the help i got here
In fact yes i did find the slang a little surprising when you are asking for help, there is much information out there and its very easy to get, and there are lots of gimmicks out there on the market place too, which do not work, especially the fuel saving on motor bikes. Tai Keng Court is not up for enbloc yet, no buyer, but the rental is reasonable because its very old, they are wanting to sell the lot! There are two or 3 second hand dealers there.

geden

Post by geden » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 9:50 pm

ksl wrote:In fact yes i did find the slang a little surprising when you are asking for help, there is much information out there and its very easy to get, and there are lots of gimmicks out there on the market place too, which do not work, especially the fuel saving on motor bikes. Tai Keng Court is not up for enbloc yet, no buyer, but the rental is reasonable because its very old, they are wanting to sell the lot! There are two or 3 second hand dealers there.
real sorry bro for my English ill refrain from slang as much as i can but sometime it just came. Anyway thats great info u provided im more looking at the budget then location ill take a look over Tai Keng Court tomoro.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:11 pm

geden wrote:
ksl wrote:In fact yes i did find the slang a little surprising when you are asking for help, there is much information out there and its very easy to get, and there are lots of gimmicks out there on the market place too, which do not work, especially the fuel saving on motor bikes. Tai Keng Court is not up for enbloc yet, no buyer, but the rental is reasonable because its very old, they are wanting to sell the lot! There are two or 3 second hand dealers there.
real sorry bro for my English ill refrain from slang as much as i can but sometime it just came. Anyway thats great info u provided im more looking at the budget then location ill take a look over Tai Keng Court tomoro.
No problem kiddo! good luck. But like SE say's when you step into the lions den, you are going to get challenged! If you want to do something positive you may wish to consider vinegar. a natural one that is, and any brand too, providing it's natural and tastes good, at least you want something for your money :) and if you get benefits too, that's a bonus, isn't it? we never make claims, we just say do this, drink that, and do this again, if it doesn't work, do not buy it! Unless you enjoy the taste, what more can anyone ask for, in a healthy product which is naturally made.
Did i just feel a brief moment of my imagination to express myself? or was it an anticlimax of alternative energy, either way, I'm sticking to my 2 beers every other night for medical reasons. :lol: Strong ones that is! Crikey no wonder I've put on 8kg in the last 8 weeks.
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: duh...

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:36 pm

geden wrote:now im here asking for advise on starting a business and yet im getting flood by people tat dont even know wat im selling typical and did i say im from CNG no and dont make me take my test report from PSB n slam it in your face...

This is a typical reply when a seller is confronted over evidence that the product works. Righteous indignation. Defensiveness.

Fact is, if your 'product' actually worked it would already be put in automobiles by the manufacturers. Don't you think it is strange that an automotive company with millions of dollars in research budget can't come up with something that some Chinese entrepreneur is promoting on Alibaba?

PSB report? I'd like to see that one. Another $100 that it does not exist.

geden

Post by geden » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 7:31 pm

ksl bro thanks for your advise went to tai seng today didnt manage to find any suitable place for rent but true the place look nice for my shop. went over other places as well and prices are realli wow.... guess ill find property agents might be more efficient...

regarding SE no offence but when can i get the $200 ill get it from you with my documents...