Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Raincai

Post by Raincai » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 2:53 am

hi people.

im all new to these plastic/cosmetic surgeries.
but am really keen to go for it.

at first i targeted Dr. Nara Clinic.
but then, i changed my mind and wished for BK DongYang (Korea).
but then again, after reconsidering on the S$10K im gonna spend in Korea and in how many more years time i could save up THAT big amount of money, i think i would go to Dr. Nara since his surgeries results are natural & cheap.

anyway...
aadvark, would you mind sharing with me your photos? before your PS surgeries, and after u had done your eyelids and rhinoplasty at Dr. Nara's clinic?
[email protected]

Thank alot.
good luck people! :wink:

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 3:32 am

Raincai wrote:hi people.

im all new to these plastic/cosmetic surgeries.
but am really keen to go for it.

at first i targeted Dr. Nara Clinic.
but then, i changed my mind and wished for BK DongYang (Korea).
but then again, after reconsidering on the S$10K im gonna spend in Korea and in how many more years time i could save up THAT big amount of money, i think i would go to Dr. Nara since his surgeries results are natural & cheap.

anyway...
aadvark, would you mind sharing with me your photos? before your PS surgeries, and after u had done your eyelids and rhinoplasty at Dr. Nara's clinic?
[email protected]

Thank alot.
good luck people! :wink:
lol, ur choices are very extreme, either very exp or very cheap, what happened to the spectrum in between? it really depends on ur exisiting features, then we can make better recommendations ;)

there are places like tokai and yanhee which can do more for slightly more cost, or even taiwan, which has most of korea's ops at a lower price
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 3:34 am

Berserkmind wrote:Hi ppl i'm back from my surgery!
I promised to share my experiece so here it is:
Consultation
Dr Pat's clinic is not easy to find, my taxi driver got lost so if you are going, it is better to print the map (in thai) and show taxi uncle. Anyway, i reached there at 9plus and the nurses were very friendly and speak basic english. There was alot of waiting, before i got to see Dr Pat ard 11+. In my personal opinion, i didnt feel comfortable with Dr Pat because being new to this, i wanted to know the processes and risks but none was mentioned. I asked about the recovery and whether there will be swelling and Dr Pat gave vague and evasive answers like "you can go back right after the surgery." Instead, there were alot of suggestions on what procedures i can do to my face, and some sort of "upselling". I declined and the consultation ended abruptly and i was told to wait outside.

Surgery:
The waiting was forever. And for a first timer like me who went alone, it became very scary. After about 1 hr of waiting, i was told to go into the surgery room. I was given LA jabbed into my inner and outer cheeks and was jabbed on both hands (not sure for wat). It was quite a yucky experience because you are awake throughout and you know exactly what is being done to you. My inner cheeks were being cut and nurses/doc used fingers to pry open my cheek and "push" the outer cheeks inwards and cut out the fats. I could feel the tugging and cutting although there were not much pain from that but more pain from the nurses stretching my mouth wide. Overall the prying open of my mouth and the cutting was done professionally but i felt that it was very rough on me, but i guess it is part of the process. i actually moaned at some parts. After that there was this suction used to suck up the fats and i believe there was some washing of the wound after. Finally the wound was stitched up and my face was numb and i couldnt talk properly. (i closed my eyes throughout becos it was too icky for me to watch and i was being a scardey cat. so the description is based on what i felt during the surgery) The whole process from the preparation of the surgery (mostly taking bp + heart rate + jabbing) to the stitch up took about 1 hr.

Recovery:
Day 1:
No feeling on my face until about 2 hrs later. Cheeks + jaw area started to feel achey and slowly it became super achey. Pain was equivalent to getting punched + having huge ulcers on your cheeks. My threshold of pain is quite high but i had to take the painkillers to feel better. I believe that i did share with you all that Dr Pat told me there would be no pain, no swelling and no downtime for buccal fat removal, but i can say that i was disappointed becos i expected that. But there really is pain, swelling and your speech will be impaired becos of 2 chipmunk cheeks. I spoke with a lisp for 3 days. I couldnt open my mouth much to eat and chewing was a chore. but still ate lar, dun care.
Day 2:
More swelling, chipmunk cheeks was bigger. same level of pain but with painkillers, pain was tolerable. My both hands swelled in the area where the jab was given and there was very bad bruising.
Day 3:
Same level of swelling, less pain and better speech. better appetite and can eat more too.
Day 4:
Less swelling, less pain and almost normal speech.
Day 5:
No longer chipmunk cheeks but people close to you can tell that you have a problem with opening your mouth fully when you talk, and that there is swelling on cheeks. Bruises on hands are very bad and painful as well.
Day 6:
Normal speech, some parts of the stitches have dissolved and wound inside is healing. Still some swelling and pain when i pressed on my lower cheeks near jaw.

I'm now only at day 6. My face basically looks the same as before becos of the slight swelling, but I am wearing compression for face to reduce the swelling. It works so i definitely recommend it. I tried cold compress as well, not sure about the effects though. Also took lotsa vitamin C, pineapples and pineapple juice daily. Nurse told me to avoid all seafood, even fish. I use mouthwash after every meal to prevent infection (being paranoid). In summary, the downtime seems like 5 - 8 days from my own experience as well as Annakilly's. So better to meet people after this period.

Sorry for the long post :oops: , I wanted to be as detailed as possible.
Hope it helps :wink:

I agree that Dr. Pat is very vague!
I had to ask him alot of questions as well, which made me feel very paiseh cause I had to ask and ask and ask and he didn't seem bothered to reply much.
Upon much pushing him to reply my answer specifically, he took out the cheek implants he was going to use to show me and answered all my questions...finally.
This is what i learnt, before you go for any surgery in Thailand, be sure to do alot of research on your own too, if not you will be in for a shock. Oh and don't be scared to ask, keep asking if they don't reply you haha! Thick skinned abit!

Do ask Dr. Pat to give you a mild dose of General anethesia which will knock you out for about half an hour to an hour!
That way you will not know that you have undergone the surgery when you wake up, AND you won't feel them injecting LA into your specific body part that is undergoing surgery.
Honestly, the process of the surgeon injecting you with local anesthetic is really painful!
Poor Berserkmind :(

Baseline Berserkmind's process of recovery is similar to mine, except that i did not use the compression for the face because i am afraid the compression will shift my cheek implants!
5-8 days is the average time you need to recover.

Berserk, did you go for Buccal alone or did you go for cheek implants too? Any other procedures?
Either way i hope you recover soon, albeit Dr. Pat may have some flaws in the way he handles things, he's a rather alright surgeon in my opinion.
I doubt you will be unhappy with the results of your Buccal fat removal :)

As a rough gauge, Its day 15 for me now and i can see a lil of the results of my Buccal removal already. I can see the contours of my cheeks already, and there is a lil hollowness from the side of my face to under my cheekbones. But the bruise from the Hematoma on my left cheek is still there and the bruise on my hands from the injection of the GA is still there too.

Recover soon :)

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 8:43 am

aadvark ever mentioned that PS is addictive, I totally agreed now. Thinking of going for buccal (not sure if necessary), cheek and chin augmentation next year.

Taiwan PS seems good, at least no problem with communication. I would have consider autologous rhinoplasty and blepharaplasty in Taiwan if I do more research instead of rushing for my first PS. I travel at least once to Taipei every year so can collect more info on my next trip there.
Last edited by kensan on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular

Post by perfectcut22 » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 8:46 am

HI all i am new here and i have been reading this helpful thread for the past few days... wow

I am gg to do BA, nose revision and chin implant with DR nara. Thing is i am contemplating on whether to do all the above procedure under GA as Nara said that i can do chin and nose at his clinic under LA which saves me alot of money on anesthesialogist. I save abt 2K sing dollars!!!

NARA said that every procedure for example chin implant is 8000baht must + 20 000 baht for anesthesialogist. so if do extra part must pay addition 20 000 baht for it. Breast no choice. How lah??? Faint..

Problem is, i am afraid that i might wake up half way thru the thingy... i will faint i guess. I read from so many of you that most of you woke up and some even felt excruiciating pain!!!

BA definitely have to go under GA so no choice have to pay extra. Confuse, i dunno how. It's an extra 2k wor,,, how???

I would like to know more abt chin and BA... any kind soul can share with me??? Thanks in advance.

By the way aadvark, ur info has been really helpful...

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Inspiring stories and great info!

Post by kensan » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:01 am

vivilen81 wrote:
kensan wrote:
vivilen81 wrote: Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
When u feel like sneezing, gently hold the tip of ur nose & open ur mouth, blow thru ur mouth not nose, to avoid pressure on ur nose.
My eyes is nw uneven due to different degree of swelling, will send u some pics when i look better.
Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

My eyes before surgery.

My dbl eyelids n epi - 3 wks post-op.

Im concealing the epi scars in the pic, but the scar has soften a little n fade into a pale pink colour.
I tink the silicone gel im using is quite gd, epi scar started to fade only after a wk of usage.
Your eyes seem to have deswell alot, look nice. Will post or pm u my pix when I done with the editing.

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:29 am

kensan wrote:aadvark ever mentioned that PS is addictive, I totally agreed now. Thinking of going for buccal (not sure if necessary), cheek and chin augmentation next year.

Taiwan PS seems good, at least no problem with communication. I would have consider autologous rhinoplasty and blepharaplasty in Taiwan if I do more research instead of rushing for my first PS. I travel at least once to Taipei every year so can collect more info on my next trip there.
hi kensan if u dun mind can send me a pic before n after double eyelid n epi?my email is [email protected]

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:33 am

kensan wrote:aadvark ever mentioned that PS is addictive, I totally agreed now. Thinking of going for buccal (not sure if necessary), cheek and chin augmentation next year.

im also thinking of going to taiwan next year april dr chuang for my eye surgeries but cant seem to get his email to quote me price.

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:39 am

Hi all, im still contemplating whether to go to Dr Nara or Dr Putt. Im just worried that the change will be too "natural" (such that it has no diff before and after) that i might as well not do it. Im really hoping for a higher nose bridge and hopefully my nose will be fat enough to do alar. Is Dr Nara and Dr Putt skill really on par? I heard Dr Nara is more "natural" than Dr Putt so should i do to Dr Putt instead ?

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:49 am

confabulate wrote:Hi all, im still contemplating whether to go to Dr Nara or Dr Putt. Im just worried that the change will be too "natural" (such that it has no diff before and after) that i might as well not do it. Im really hoping for a higher nose bridge and hopefully my nose will be fat enough to do alar. Is Dr Nara and Dr Putt skill really on par? I heard Dr Nara is more "natural" than Dr Putt so should i do to Dr Putt instead ?
It will have different after rhinoplasty but the idea is not to look too obviously different but yet good enough to make you look better, imo.

Alarplasty is to reduce the width of your nostrils not thickness of your nose.

Dr Nara appt is about two months and Dr Putt about a week or two.

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:10 am

my_nemesis wrote:
aadvark wrote:heard that dr nara now does epi, listed on his website as 7000 baht. one of the forumers have done it, will wait for her pix :)
Yupz.. a week ago, Dr Nara and the rest of the nurses was studying my epi, lateral epi and buccal fat removal and my autologous rib cartilage rhinoplasty very closely. lol.. they kept studying it just before i started my liposuction surgery. And they kept talking to each other in thai and they counted my stiches too. And one of the nurse kept asking me if i was worried about the scar left from the epi. And i told her that alot of singaporeans are going for it now and the scar will slowly fade away from what i know.
A few days after studying it, she told me that Dr Nara knows how to do it but he he only does it for people who needs it. She says that she wants us to know that what Dr Nara does not do, does not mean that he does not know how to do. But he chooses not to do it.
I told her and Dr Nara that if Dr Nara does all these, alot of ppl would go there to do instead of going else where to do so.

And btw, Dr Nara does Jaw botox too, cause he did it for me. Am rather happy with the results. My jaws are smaller. I did my frown lines too and they are gone now. So am a happy patient.

And btw, he does use ear cartilage for nose. But he only does it for accident victims. As for ribcage, he thinks its too major a surgery to go though just for nose.

And btw, I just came bk from liposuction from Dr nara and I would say that I can see a difference. So quite happy with it although I wish more could be taken out. And not much body weight lost. I was abt 56kg before. Only about 1kg plus of body weight lost.

I did Tummy, Love handles, Inner thigh, Outer thigh and Arms. Tummy was my first area and the most painful area. I cried during it. But subsequently the other areas were bearable and not painful.

Don't expect to be skinny. Dr Nara did tell me that he will just remove the areas that bulge out.

Hope this info helps.
hi where did u get ur eye surgeries done?

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:22 am

fifipek wrote:

im also thinking of going to taiwan next year april dr chuang for my eye surgeries but cant seem to get his email to quote me price.
I saw some photos from the Taiwan PS thread, the eyelids and epi are very nicely done and downtime also seem shorter. Price wise also quite affordable around 38,000NT for both surgeries if I am not wrong. This kind of surgery is non-reversible so better to do more reading and worth to spend the extra dollar.

I not saying that Dr Nara is not good, I am happy with my result so far.

Will send u the pix.
Last edited by kensan on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:31 am

Brenton wrote:
kensan wrote:
Brenton wrote:hi pple, it's two month post surgery and my eyes are really getting better!!

Even though i have been receiving mixed reviews, i think i am happier now.
Great to hear that dude. Care to post a pic :D
No photo taken yet....msg me in msn then i show you 1mth photo lor..
hi brenton where did u do your eye surgery? im planning to go to nara for my chin on nov. but still considering double eye lids......

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:50 am

aadvark can i know where did u do ur eye surgery?

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:56 am

hi kensan you had yours done with Dr Nara right? may i ask why didnt you chose Dr Putt ? what were your concerns that you decided on Dr Nara instead of Dr Putt ?