Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 1:51 pm

kensan wrote:
winter21 wrote:Pinkyice very nice nose!!!! argh.. my tip is still big. Dr Putt here i come again!!! :lol:
Dr Putt don't do tipplasty leh! :D

Maybe can ask him to push your tip further down so it'll look sharper but still will be big.
Ya... my nose tip is quite big to begin with... even after rhinoplasty with Dr Putt it is still big... and im afraid.. after the revision it will still be big.. then i guess i have to go to Dr Pat...

Cant decide to go to Dr Putt for revision or Dr Pat

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 1:56 pm

confabulate wrote:seems like I-shaped is better ? Dr Nara uses I-shaped right ?

http://www.rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills.co ... ed-implant
Dr Nara uses L and Dr Putt uses S.

Not to worry, Dr Nara will gauge and shape the implant accordingly to suit your nose so that the skin of your nose tip will not be under too much tension.
Last edited by kensan on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 1:56 pm

confabulate wrote:Which means both Dr Putt and Dr Nara will not recommend high nose bridge ? Depending on the shape of your face then they will decide for u ?
Dr Putt will recommend something natural not extreme. Hahaa... And he dont recommend alarplasty for Asian.. unless yrs is really very wide. He will do it depending on yr skin tissue and face features.

(This is frm my pov and feedback i got frm forumers who went to him)
Last edited by winter21 on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 1:59 pm

winter21 wrote:
kensan wrote:
winter21 wrote:Pinkyice very nice nose!!!! argh.. my tip is still big. Dr Putt here i come again!!! :lol:
Dr Putt don't do tipplasty leh! :D

Maybe can ask him to push your tip further down so it'll look sharper but still will be big.
Ya... my nose tip is quite big to begin with... even after rhinoplasty with Dr Putt it is still big... and im afraid.. after the revision it will still be big.. then i guess i have to go to Dr Pat...

Cant decide to go to Dr Putt for revision or Dr Pat
Your nose is only one month post ops, should wait longer for it to settle down further before deciding if to go for revision.

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:06 pm

kensan wrote: Your nose is only one month post ops, should wait longer for it to settle down further before deciding if to go for revision.
2 mths soon... :(

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:11 pm

pitsoul wrote:
kensan wrote:
fifipek wrote: no worries.... i didnt do alar. i only do my bridge. when will u be going?
i'll be going again on nov for my chin... den my sister doing full body lipo...
I can't dig my nose anymore after I've done alar :(
I can't dig now too. haha :P

I can see my bridge is slightly higher but not sure how it will turn out yet. Veri gan cheong, keep my fingers crossed. As for my epi, my eye shapes still d same as before lei. n u r rite, d scar is quite obvious...i wonder if i can put concealer when i bk.
I ask my nephew to dig ... hee.

Don't worry your bridge will be more visible when the swell subsides further. As for your epi, it will be easier to take a photo and compare with your post op photo side by side for better view.

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 3:07 pm

Hi all, can i also ask if i do rhino and alar together would it still extremely obvious after 10 days ? Do i remove my stitches on the 10th day. Coz i only have 10 days to rest and i dun want it to be too obvious and ppl start coming to me and ask "what did you do to your nose". Like that i really dunno how to answer. Any suggestions ?

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 4:11 pm

confabulate wrote:Hi all, can i also ask if i do rhino and alar together would it still extremely obvious after 10 days ? Do i remove my stitches on the 10th day. Coz i only have 10 days to rest and i dun want it to be too obvious and ppl start coming to me and ask "what did you do to your nose". Like that i really dunno how to answer. Any suggestions ?
Alar stitches can remove on day 5, rhino stitches on day 10 if u want or can leave the rhino stitches to dissolve on its own.

All major swelling will be subsided before Day 10 and most ppl will not be able to tell unless u have a real flat bridge to start with.

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 4:30 pm

thks kensan for answering my query. cheers

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Re: Inspiring stories and great info!

Post by vivilen81 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 5:27 pm

kensan wrote:
vivilen81 wrote: Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
When u feel like sneezing, gently hold the tip of ur nose & open ur mouth, blow thru ur mouth not nose, to avoid pressure on ur nose.
My eyes is nw uneven due to different degree of swelling, will send u some pics when i look better.
Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

My eyes before surgery.

My dbl eyelids n epi - 3 wks post-op.

Im concealing the epi scars in the pic, but the scar has soften a little n fade into a pale pink colour.
I tink the silicone gel im using is quite gd, epi scar started to fade only after a wk of usage.

keetoi

Post by keetoi » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 5:48 pm

Vivilen,

The post pic looks great!

Can you recommend the silicon gel that you use?

Thanks!
vivilen81 wrote:
kensan wrote:
vivilen81 wrote: Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
When u feel like sneezing, gently hold the tip of ur nose & open ur mouth, blow thru ur mouth not nose, to avoid pressure on ur nose.
My eyes is nw uneven due to different degree of swelling, will send u some pics when i look better.
Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

My eyes before surgery.

Im concealing the epi scars in the pic, but the scar has soften a little n fade into a pale pink colour.
I tink the silicone gel im using is quite gd, epi scar started to fade only after a wk of usage.

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 6:30 pm

[quote="confabulate"

hi pitsoul, you had yours done with nara ? Did he suggest how much higher to go for your nose enhancement ?[/quote]

Yap, mine was done by Nara. I wanted to do rhino n alar initially but he feels that my nostrils will be small enough after rhino so he didn't want to do alar.

He won't tel u how high he do, he will jus say' i'll do it suitable for ur face'" But he did say he won't go too high in case our skin is thin n d effect will be like when u clench ur fist n u see d skin at d joint of ur finger n hand? Veri stretched n whitish in color. Nara's motto is to be natural, don't expect too drastic result. I can't tell u much now as i am only 8days after rhino n jus had my stitches removed only. :)

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 7:48 pm

keetoi wrote:Vivilen,

The post pic looks great!

Can you recommend the silicon gel that you use?

Thanks!
vivilen81 wrote:
kensan wrote: Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

My eyes before surgery.

I bought the silicone gel online @ sasa.com, dunno whether local sasa store have it anot. This is the link:

http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/produc ... 3199202001

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:37 am

Hi ppl i'm back from my surgery!
I promised to share my experiece so here it is:
Consultation
Dr Pat's clinic is not easy to find, my taxi driver got lost so if you are going, it is better to print the map (in thai) and show taxi uncle. Anyway, i reached there at 9plus and the nurses were very friendly and speak basic english. There was alot of waiting, before i got to see Dr Pat ard 11+. In my personal opinion, i didnt feel comfortable with Dr Pat because being new to this, i wanted to know the processes and risks but none was mentioned. I asked about the recovery and whether there will be swelling and Dr Pat gave vague and evasive answers like "you can go back right after the surgery." Instead, there were alot of suggestions on what procedures i can do to my face, and some sort of "upselling". I declined and the consultation ended abruptly and i was told to wait outside.

Surgery:
The waiting was forever. And for a first timer like me who went alone, it became very scary. After about 1 hr of waiting, i was told to go into the surgery room. I was given LA jabbed into my inner and outer cheeks and was jabbed on both hands (not sure for wat). It was quite a yucky experience because you are awake throughout and you know exactly what is being done to you. My inner cheeks were being cut and nurses/doc used fingers to pry open my cheek and "push" the outer cheeks inwards and cut out the fats. I could feel the tugging and cutting although there were not much pain from that but more pain from the nurses stretching my mouth wide. Overall the prying open of my mouth and the cutting was done professionally but i felt that it was very rough on me, but i guess it is part of the process. i actually moaned at some parts. After that there was this suction used to suck up the fats and i believe there was some washing of the wound after. Finally the wound was stitched up and my face was numb and i couldnt talk properly. (i closed my eyes throughout becos it was too icky for me to watch and i was being a scardey cat. so the description is based on what i felt during the surgery) The whole process from the preparation of the surgery (mostly taking bp + heart rate + jabbing) to the stitch up took about 1 hr.

Recovery:
Day 1:
No feeling on my face until about 2 hrs later. Cheeks + jaw area started to feel achey and slowly it became super achey. Pain was equivalent to getting punched + having huge ulcers on your cheeks. My threshold of pain is quite high but i had to take the painkillers to feel better. I believe that i did share with you all that Dr Pat told me there would be no pain, no swelling and no downtime for buccal fat removal, but i can say that i was disappointed becos i expected that. But there really is pain, swelling and your speech will be impaired becos of 2 chipmunk cheeks. I spoke with a lisp for 3 days. I couldnt open my mouth much to eat and chewing was a chore. but still ate lar, dun care.
Day 2:
More swelling, chipmunk cheeks was bigger. same level of pain but with painkillers, pain was tolerable. My both hands swelled in the area where the jab was given and there was very bad bruising.
Day 3:
Same level of swelling, less pain and better speech. better appetite and can eat more too.
Day 4:
Less swelling, less pain and almost normal speech.
Day 5:
No longer chipmunk cheeks but people close to you can tell that you have a problem with opening your mouth fully when you talk, and that there is swelling on cheeks. Bruises on hands are very bad and painful as well.
Day 6:
Normal speech, some parts of the stitches have dissolved and wound inside is healing. Still some swelling and pain when i pressed on my lower cheeks near jaw.

I'm now only at day 6. My face basically looks the same as before becos of the slight swelling, but I am wearing compression for face to reduce the swelling. It works so i definitely recommend it. I tried cold compress as well, not sure about the effects though. Also took lotsa vitamin C, pineapples and pineapple juice daily. Nurse told me to avoid all seafood, even fish. I use mouthwash after every meal to prevent infection (being paranoid). In summary, the downtime seems like 5 - 8 days from my own experience as well as Annakilly's. So better to meet people after this period.

Sorry for the long post :oops: , I wanted to be as detailed as possible.
Hope it helps :wink:

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 1:21 am

confabulate wrote:seems like I-shaped is better ? Dr Nara uses I-shaped right ?

http://www.rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills.co ... ed-implant
L is better, can shape more, but riskier becos may cause extrusion. ultimately, the op is only as good as the surgeon's skills...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF