Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:19 am

finetune wrote:
christineyuki wrote:I don't think SIA accept British nationals.
I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.

I mean SQ does not accept British nationals as cabin crew.
Last edited by christineyuki on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
一緒に青い空へ~

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:24 am

Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off
th3_glove20 wrote:mouse r u looking forward to join as well?!?!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:25 am

finetune wrote: I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.
:shock: SIA doesn't have a regional office for cabin crew in the UK!

finetune

Post by finetune » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 8:56 am

christineyuki wrote:
finetune wrote:
christineyuki wrote:I don't think SIA accept British nationals.
I know of one British national working in SIA. However he was recruited by the UK regional office and is posted to Singapore for a short stint.

I mean SQ do not accept British nationals as cabin crew.

Ahhh.... now I get it. My mistake..
Finetune Computer Care and Repair at your home and office in Singapore. http://finetune.sg

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 2:00 pm

mouse wrote:Hi th3_glove20,

yeah.. i am waiting for opening. and waited for like 5 years. Hair all dropping off
sori r u female?!
why 5 years?!u din attend for any of their interview before?

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:45 pm

female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.

th3_glove20 wrote:

sori r u female?!

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 9:39 am

mouse wrote:female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.

th3_glove20 wrote:

sori r u female?!

wahhh...my teeth isnt tat straight though...face so so...but no pimples...as i got 2 small holes bcoz of chicken pox....so where r u working now??

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 9:17 pm

th3_glove20 wrote:
mouse wrote:female. tried many times. After that, went to do braces + face..haha..clear up my complexion then aggressively interviews during year 2008. The best I stuck at round 3 twice and other times, round 2 once and xx times round 1.

th3_glove20 wrote: sori r u female?!

wahhh...my teeth isnt tat straight though...face so so...but no pimples...as i got 2 small holes bcoz of chicken pox....so where r u working now??
working as customer service...i think teeth is very important as it really changes your face shape after my braces...look sharper a bit. cos all along i didn't get through round 1 and i feel that its my teeth. After i done with braces, i got through round 1. damn happy when i got to try on to the kebaya the very first time...lol....really don't want to take it off man...haha....in my life, i tried for like thrice...

how about u? tried how many rounds ?

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 4:41 pm

mouse wrote:
th3_glove20 wrote:

working as customer service...i think teeth is very important as it really changes your face shape after my braces...look sharper a bit. cos all along i didn't get through round 1 and i feel that its my teeth. After i done with braces, i got through round 1. damn happy when i got to try on to the kebaya the very first time...lol....really don't want to take it off man...haha....in my life, i tried for like thrice...

how about u? tried how many rounds ?

How bad condition is ur teeth condition...mine is not very bad...
if u dun mind can PM ur pic hahaha..i can share mine

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 8:35 pm

i have a bit of teeth problem.. so i am going for braces.. just extracted 6 teeth last week and braces will be up next week! haha i really hope i can get into SQ~ i know they look for people with a beautiful smile and teeth

my teeth is so so.. got thru the first round at 2008 (nov) interview to the 3rd round and didnt clear the 3rd round.. all the sq girls i see have beautiful teeth some of them even brought the whitening teeth kit. anyways my friend (ex cc) gave me her kebaya.. its so pretty!!! hahaa yes its very tight and fitting but once you put on it.. together with the hair and makeup, i feel like i'm flying!
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

=)

Post by kinderjoy » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 4:50 am

so lucky.. i wld love to try on the kabaya too... :(

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:22 pm

haha u can get ready.. its ultra tight! u have to breath in and try to zip it up.
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

th3_glove20

Post by th3_glove20 » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 1:13 pm

rachelhoe wrote:i have a bit of teeth problem.. so i am going for braces.. just extracted 6 teeth last week and braces will be up next week! haha i really hope i can get into SQ~ i know they look for people with a beautiful smile and teeth

my teeth is so so.. got thru the first round at 2008 (nov) interview to the 3rd round and didnt clear the 3rd round.. all the sq girls i see have beautiful teeth some of them even brought the whitening teeth kit. anyways my friend (ex cc) gave me her kebaya.. its so pretty!!! hahaa yes its very tight and fitting but once you put on it.. together with the hair and makeup, i feel like i'm flying!
why did u fail at the 3rd stage?! so any news for the next recruitment?
if u dun mind can drop me ur msn address prolly we can chat as well

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:08 am

haha i have got no idea too. 3rd round is a series of question asking and me talking non stop.. sometimes when i dream of being in SQ i will take out the kebaya and wear. haha the girl who gve me her kebaya even thought me how to put on sq makeup..=) i think they shld start hiring next year and i predict it will be a mass recruitment! but.. again i wont be going cause i will be on braces.

Anyone know if i can go for the interview (with braces) then join SQ (if i pass the interview) after my braces (about 1yr later???)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:24 am

rachelhoe wrote: think they shld start hiring next year and i predict it will be a mass recruitment!
:shock:

You have high hopes, with 17 aircraft mothballed and crews on unpaid leave, it will likely be two to three years before anything like pre-recession levels are reached again. Even then expect fewer vacancies and severe competition. :(