Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
janvida

Post by janvida » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 4:10 am

confabulate wrote:hi janvida you gg alone ? coz im looking for someone to go with me. fyi im a guy =] Cheers
CONFABULATE:
hi there, im most likely going with another girlfriend. she's doing lipo. when will you be heading down? is this gonna be ur first time? what will u be doing?

VIVILEN81:
thanks for the info about the sneezing. think it will be a bit unglam but what the heck, i think avoiding the pain would be my priority. haha!
so i think a safe bet would be if i can try and take 2 weeks leave instead of 1 right? cause i doubt i wanna scare my colleagues when i go back work after one week.

oh and im hope u are recovering well now... send me the pics whenever u are ready k? ps: i heard aloe vera gel does wonders! and vitamin E too! can't wait to see how good u look now!

WINTER21:
its a relief to hear u say that! now i dun feel so paranoid...:) will let u know once im done and hopefully share my experience with everyone here as well. i think im really a scaredy cat.

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 1:14 pm

HI all, i'm at Hatyai with my galfriend. Today is our 3rd day. We left on Tuesday nite by Grassland coach and arrived 14hrs later. Den we went to the clinic at 9+ but it was still closed. We managed to go back and make appt to see nara at 1230pm. Upon seeing Nara, he told us where he thinks we need lipo and let us decide, and also arrange for us to come back at 430pm for the surgery.
I was initially thinking of doing lipo for tummy, love handles, inner and outer thighs. N i wanted rhino, alar n epi. I alr had natural double so i didn't consider double eyelids. He said i dun need to do tummy n love handles but i insist on tummy. He also said alar is not necessary cos my nose shld b small enough. So total i need 3 days.
My frd was considering lipo for tummy, arms, and thighs. Upon consultation, Nara said she will need 2 times for her tummy, which will consider 2 areas. N she will do arm and inner thighs too. So total she needs 4 days.
So we went bk to clinic at 430pm for our 1st surgery. Nara wanted to do me 1st. I went in and he started drawing on my body. Then i lie down on the operating table n they inject anae on 2 spots on my tummy. Then they inject on my vein at my left hand but failed so they tried right hand. Nara's wife started doing lipo on my tummy and Nara work on my rhino. I can feel him inject anae on my inner nose. After he's done on my nose, he went on to do my epi. I've only got about 300ml of fats from my tummy.
My frd went in after me to do her lower tummy, she had 2 litres of fats from her lower.
Yday, we went back to do 2nd part of lipo, again Nara wants to do me 1st. It's his wife doing my inner thighs, and as for my frd, his wife took over after Nara made the incision.

Sorry for the long post, i will update more on details. As for booking of Lee Garden Hotel, you can email [email protected] and they will give you 1050baht if you confirm. I think the receptionist are very rude. One of them give me a rolled-eyes face combined with gritted teeth when i asked her for an adapter for my laptop at the lobby. There's no internet in room even if u wana pay for it. U'll hv to come down to the hot lobby, hv to fight for powerpoint too.

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 2:00 pm

pitsoul wrote:HI all, i'm at Hatyai with my galfriend. Today is our 3rd day. We left on Tuesday nite by Grassland coach and arrived 14hrs later. Den we went to the clinic at 9+ but it was still closed. We managed to go back and make appt to see nara at 1230pm. Upon seeing Nara, he told us where he thinks we need lipo and let us decide, and also arrange for us to come back at 430pm for the surgery.
I was initially thinking of doing lipo for tummy, love handles, inner and outer thighs. N i wanted rhino, alar n epi. I alr had natural double so i didn't consider double eyelids. He said i dun need to do tummy n love handles but i insist on tummy. He also said alar is not necessary cos my nose shld b small enough. So total i need 3 days.
My frd was considering lipo for tummy, arms, and thighs. Upon consultation, Nara said she will need 2 times for her tummy, which will consider 2 areas. N she will do arm and inner thighs too. So total she needs 4 days.
So we went bk to clinic at 430pm for our 1st surgery. Nara wanted to do me 1st. I went in and he started drawing on my body. Then i lie down on the operating table n they inject anae on 2 spots on my tummy. Then they inject on my vein at my left hand but failed so they tried right hand. Nara's wife started doing lipo on my tummy and Nara work on my rhino. I can feel him inject anae on my inner nose. After he's done on my nose, he went on to do my epi. I've only got about 300ml of fats from my tummy.
My frd went in after me to do her lower tummy, she had 2 litres of fats from her lower.
Yday, we went back to do 2nd part of lipo, again Nara wants to do me 1st. It's his wife doing my inner thighs, and as for my frd, his wife took over after Nara made the incision.

Sorry for the long post, i will update more on details. As for booking of Lee Garden Hotel, you can email [email protected] and they will give you 1050baht if you confirm. I think the receptionist are very rude. One of them give me a rolled-eyes face combined with gritted teeth when i asked her for an adapter for my laptop at the lobby. There's no internet in room even if u wana pay for it. U'll hv to come down to the hot lobby, hv to fight for powerpoint too.
Hi!

Thanks for the update pitsoul!

You have 300ml fats out from your tummy meaning you're not very fat right actually?

How is the initial result for your lipo? Can you see any immediate result for your tummy?

=)

All the best for your surgery!!

parfumhomme

Post by parfumhomme » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 2:39 pm

kensan wrote:
vivilen81 wrote:Nara charged me 3,000 bhts for epi, he didnt say anything while drawing on my eyes, he suggested epi only when i was aredi lying on the operation table.
Ya, mine was also suggested by him just before the surgery but costed 7,000 bahts.
Hey Kensan,

I'm heading down to see Nara for dbl eyelid and epi next month. Did he do Z epi for you?

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 3:00 pm

Last edited by kensan on Sat, 11 Jul 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fifipek
Regular
Regular

dr nara

Post by fifipek » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 3:47 pm

hi anyone did lipo with dr nara? how was it painful? effective?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 4:37 pm

if you stay lee gardens and want wireless, u can maybe ask for a room at lower floor when u first check in. i stayed lower floor previously and could receive wireless from inside the room...

for those wanting to do epicanthoplasty, u need to read up about what is an epicanthal fold first. epi is not the 'eye-widening surgery', it just removes the fold which may be causing ur eye to look small. if u dun have an obvious fold, epi wun do much for u. can consider levator muscle, but that wld be taiwan le...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 6:02 pm

aadvark wrote:if you stay lee gardens and want wireless, u can maybe ask for a room at lower floor when u first check in. i stayed lower floor previously and could receive wireless from inside the room...

for those wanting to do epicanthoplasty, u need to read up about what is an epicanthal fold first. epi is not the 'eye-widening surgery', it just removes the fold which may be causing ur eye to look small. if u dun have an obvious fold, epi wun do much for u. can consider levator muscle, but that wld be taiwan le...
It is stated that wireless is available when I booked the hotel online but when check with the recep they seem to have problem communicating in English so didn't probe further. Same for room service, they can't understand English well so got to repeat, repeat and repeat very slowly.

Epi for my case was necessary as mentioned by Dr Nara, if not the double eyelids will not look good.

pootie
Regular
Regular

Post by pootie » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 8:04 pm

i stayed at lee garden plaza in feb 09 and could connect to wifi with no difficulties. we just had to tell them for how many phones... we stayed on 33rd floor the last time.

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:00 pm

oops! i'm staying on 30th flr. I've tried connecting wifi in room but no access lei..
Jus did my last lipo wif nara, outer thighs, tis time i had 1litre of fats.Yeah!! My frd did her inner thighs she had 1.5litre. She will be doin her last lipo tmr, arms. she is hurting veri much, and in agony. Up till now she had done upper n lower tummy(consider 2 areas cos she's quite big, price also x 2) and inner thighs. For me is tummy, inner n outer thighs. But i don't seem to hurt as much as her. Issit the more fats u lost, the more u r in pain?

Till now my nose is very stiff on the inside, n i don't think it change a lot from my original. Even at its swollen stage now it seems like d same height as my original. Very worried if i am doing this for d sake of nothing?

For my epi, can't see anything yet. my left eyelid is bruised. cheeks are slightly swollen.

Can my nose n epi be better when i go back on 16th? i dun wan my mum to know that i did this...

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:10 pm

EnvyMe wrote:
pitsoul wrote:HI all, i'm at Hatyai with my galfriend. Today is our 3rd day. We left on Tuesday nite by Grassland coach and arrived 14hrs later. Den we went to the clinic at 9+ but it was still closed. We managed to go back and make appt to see nara at 1230pm. Upon seeing Nara, he told us where he thinks we need lipo and let us decide, and also arrange for us to come back at 430pm for the surgery.

Hi!

Thanks for the update pitsoul!

You have 300ml fats out from your tummy meaning you're not very fat right actually?

How is the initial result for your lipo? Can you see any immediate result for your tummy?

=)

All the best for your surgery!!
HI. I'm bout 62kg at 164cm, thou ppl say i look lighter bout 57kg bah.. I think i have more muscles n 'meat' bah?

for tummy it's swollen till bigger than before, and wearing the garment helps to press it down. Now it's still big but can see some concave skin in. N i believe it can be smaller.

inner thighs is swollen too and of irregular surface, however, closing my thighs together i can see them slightly touching with its swollen state, so i reckon when they deswell, they will not touch each other, which is definitely smaller too. Looking forward to slimmer thighs yeah!!

My left outer thigh wound is still dripping bloody water. I'm contemplating whether to do jaw botox onot.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:23 pm

pitsoul wrote:Till now my nose is very stiff on the inside, n i don't think it change a lot from my original. Even at its swollen stage now it seems like d same height as my original. Very worried if i am doing this for d sake of nothing?

For my epi, can't see anything yet. my left eyelid is bruised. cheeks are slightly swollen.

Can my nose n epi be better when i go back on 16th? i dun wan my mum to know that i did this...
U did rhino and epi thus, the area beside your bridge will be swollen but not the bridge so it will look flat now. Once the swell subsided, your bridge will definately look narrower and higher.

A week for rhinoplasty is good enough for recovery and most people will not be able to tell that you had a nose job but as for epi, I reckon your mum will be able to tell. Till now (14 days post ops) my epi is still red and abit raised.

If u like Jap food, there is one at the basement of Lee Garden Plaza not bad and reasonable price.

I missed the Bak Kut Teh opp Indra Hotel :( .

gordiansknot

Post by gordiansknot » Sat, 11 Jul 2009 2:29 am

hi people, something random. i am going to dr putt during august and at the same time, i wanted to make a trip down to their temples to pray too.

does anyone of you in fact went to their temples to pray? heard that hatyai have quite a few no of temples.

and there is this website that conveniently allow us to book coach tickets to hatyai which i chance upon. http://www.easibook.sg/

and anyone tried taking a train there? :?

TIA(=

Annakilly

Re: Hematoma :(

Post by Annakilly » Sat, 11 Jul 2009 5:34 am

Annakilly wrote:
Annakilly wrote:Update on
DAY 4
Cheek and Buccal Fat pad removal.

Swelling has gone down by 20% but my family still laughs at my swollen face saying i look like a cartoon character.
The lower part of my face is still swollen but i can see a little definition in my upper cheeks already.
(Very little definition actually, but this little improvement really makes my day haha)
My family member commented that i look better now because i look like i have cheekbones from the sideview, as compared to my pancake flat face last time.
And now my nose doesn't look so high, prominent and caucasian like already.
The swelling has affected my nose and my nose isn't as sharp as it was before, i believe it will return to normal after all the swelling though.
I have also regained feeling in my left cheek but my right cheek and lip is still numb.
I'm still not able to go out yet cause i do not look acceptable socially yet.

Hopefullly the swelling will go down in the next few days, cause according to the swelling charts, swelling peaks at the 2-3 day and consequently deswells rapidly thereafter.
I can't wait to go out, i'm bored to my wits end!!!!!

Will update you guys on further developments soon!

Cheers,
Anna
DAY 8
CHEEK AUGMENTATION AND BUCCAL FAT PAD REMOVAL

Hey guys,

Sorry i took so long to update.
It's Day 8 now and quite a bit of the swelling in my right cheek is gone, but i have developed Hematoma on my left cheek.

Hematoma is blood that collects in between the incision wound during surgery when the doctor opens and closes the incision.
Hematoma rarely happens to people who undergo these surgeries but, i guess i'm the unlucky minority :(

My left cheek was twice the size of my right cheek 2 days ago and a bruise suddenly formed because of the Hematoma.
I panicked and thought it was infection and went to see a plastic surgeon called Dr. Wong and he prescribed me medication to ease the swelling.
He also told me that the hardened blood clot might move the implant, thus i need to KIV and if it doesn't get better i must go back to get the Hematoma removed surgically.

There are two ways the Hematoma can go away, one is through surgery to remove it or the other (if you're lucky) dissolves and just disappears.

The right cheek feels softer and more natural already, but the left cheek feels hard and firm due to the trapped blood clot underneath my skin.
I could actually see two implants in my left cheek 2 days back, one was the real implant and one was the hardened blood clot, rather scary if you ask me, i looked like a complete freak.

So do remember any surgery has its risks, its the first time i'm handling a stalled recovery and problem in my post op.
So yes, be prepared for worse case scenarios, cause mine came as a rude shock.
The assymetry that comes along with healing is also quite depressing, so i try my best to remain as optimistic as possible.

Oh Btw, the right cheek looks very natural and augmented and you would never suspect an implant inside.
Yup, so anyone who contemplates cheek implants or Buccal fat pad removal, you should be up and about and be able to go out without anyone noticing you've had surgery in a week to 8 days.

Other then that, i'm icing my cheek very frequently and praying for a quick recovery!
Thankfully its getting much better and i look like i have only one implant on my left cheek now.
Hopefully the Hematoma just dissolves and fades away.

Oh by the way, if you're unsure if you need cheek implants, this website proves as a great guide!
http://www.drfpalmer.com/CheekImplants.html

Read it up, its really useful!

Hope my sharing helps :)

Cheers,
Anna

DAY 11
CHEEK AUGMENTATION AND BUCCAL FAT PAD REMOVAL

Hey guys!

Its Day 11 now.
Though theres still swelling left, i finally look normal enough to go out.
I still can't smile properly as the muscles feel very tight when i move my cheeks.
My left cheek is still hard and swollen due to the Hematoma, but my right cheek is much softer.
I would say my right cheek is 60-70% healed already and my left cheek is about 40-50% healed.
In addition to that, my worries of the Cheek implants making my face look wider is uncalled for.
My face is exactly the same, only with more volumous cheeks.
I kind of regret not getting bigger implants though :(

My cheeks are still puffy (still look abit like a chipmunk) but I am starting to see definition from the Buccal Fat removal.
My face looks much smaller now as well and I have a clearer "V" Shaped face.
They call it 瓜子脸 in chinese!
The cheek implants has helped alot in creating that shape too.
I now understand why high cheekbones is a sign of beauty, it does alot of difference to how your face looks.

I still have not fully recovered from the Hematoma and there is still a horrible yellowish bruise and swelling on my affected cheek, but its getting better day by day.
I won't need surgery to remove the blood clot as it is slowly dissolving on its own, thank god.
Thank you all forumners who sent msgs and well wishes as well :)

Will update on the final look and how satisfied i am in about a months time.
Will be glad to also answer any questions you guys have about cheek implants or buccal, so feel free to ask!

Cheers!

Anna.

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:45 am

kensan wrote:
pitsoul wrote:Till now my nose is very stiff on the inside, n i don't think it change a lot from my original. Even at its swollen stage now it seems like d same height as my original. Very worried if i am doing this for d sake of nothing?

U did rhino and epi thus, the area beside your bridge will be swollen but not the bridge so it will look flat now. Once the swell subsided, your bridge will definately look narrower and higher.

A week for rhinoplasty is good enough for recovery and most people will not be able to tell that you had a nose job but as for epi, I reckon your mum will be able to tell. Till now (14 days post ops) my epi is still red and abit raised.

If u like Jap food, there is one at the basement of Lee Garden Plaza not bad and reasonable price.

I missed the Bak Kut Teh opp Indra Hotel :( .
Thanks for ur advice. i definietly looking forward to a better looking nose.

My frd tried the bak kut teh she said is ok but last nite we had fish maw soup veri nice...jus further walk down(away from hotel direction) from nara clinic, veri nice. only 80baht. My frd said we can't take bamboo shoots n Gu chai. I've been walking ard Hatyai wif swollen nose n stitches ard eyes. Can i wear sunglasses over my nose? will it create a dent on my nose?