Singapore Expats

Pub Quizzes...times/dates/locations etc

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Good Update, Asdracles

Post by Dave Magoo » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 9:49 am

Cheers for the insightful update, Asdracles. It's a shame that the changing of the Quizmaster guard has led to a return to the quiz-shaping early days :(

I hear you on the change of venue front. It maybe an idea to try the Howl At The Moon Quiz opposite Somerset MRT if that's still running to see if TJ is back on form or not. I understand that the $50 cover charge for entry has been removed, so there is no longer any harm in trying, I guess :)

As I'm not in Sing. at the moment, would be good if someone could check with either the HATM or TJ himself to see if it's still going. Let me know what you think :)

Good luck with that, and look forward to any further updates!

Magoo
One day, lad, all this will be yours....what, the curtains?

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:39 am

I'll check with TJ and advise...

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Cheers much, Mr P :-)

Post by Dave Magoo » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 3:09 pm

Cheers for taking up the baton on this one, Mr P. It's most appreciated :-)

Will be good to catch up with TJ again if it's still ongoing, as after all, when he's good, he can be very very good :cool:

Hope all's well with yourself and Ms C. & look forward to catching up with you on my return from the Land of Smiles...not exactly sure when that will be, but will keep you and all updated.

Already Howling At The Moon Magoo :lol:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 3:14 pm

Actually some sad news guys - we won't be able to make it next week due to Ms C's grandfather passing away this afternoon, so we're back to Oz tonight, and not back in time for next week.

I'll have limited internet access but if I hear back from TJ I'll post back here. However it might be prudent for one of the other Motley's to chase TJ in our absence.

Take care all, Mr. P

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Sorry to hear your news, Pete & Carrie

Post by Dave Magoo » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 3:49 pm

I just received an e-mail from Kim, Pete, and have replied to your hotmail. Sorry to hear your sad news, and have a safe trip back to Oz.

Obviously, don't worry about chasing up anything with TJ either...we can do that from here for sure.

With sympathy.

Dave

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 08 Jul 2009 4:18 pm

thanks, Dave.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

New Quiz at the Dog & Bone Pub, East Coast Park...

Post by Dave Magoo » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:43 am

Just to update you guys. It appears that TJ is back in the States at the moment for an unknown period of time. Thus, I guess the Howl At The Moon quiz is off for now.

If you still wanna find a new location, the Dog & Bone at East Coast Park does a regular Tuesday night quiz, as highlighted by a previous postee on this thread. Maybe worth giving that a try instead.

I've googled it and the telephone no. is as follows:

6243 8875

Would be good if someone could check out with them if it's still on. :cool:

Cheers in advance and catch you all on my return, whenever that may be :)

Magoo

Saint
Director
Director

Re: New Quiz at the Dog & Bone Pub, East Coast Park...

Post by Saint » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:54 am

Dave Magoo wrote:Just to update you guys. It appears that TJ is back in the States at the moment for an unknown period of time. Thus, I guess the Howl At The Moon quiz is off for now.

If you still wanna find a new location, the Dog & Bone at East Coast Park does a regular Tuesday night quiz, as highlighted by a previous postee on this thread. Maybe worth giving that a try instead.

I've googled it and the telephone no. is as follows:

6243 8875

Would be good if someone could check out with them if it's still on. :cool:

Cheers in advance and catch you all on my return, whenever that may be :)

Magoo
The Dog n Bone quiz night is ever other Tuesday, the next one is next week. 5 bucks per person to enter with the winning team taking all! The pot last time was $170.

A good mixture of questions and always a few Singapore questions!

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Dave Magoo » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:58 pm

Cheers for the swift response, Saint, and for saving us the trouble of having to chase up the pub for confirmation. It is most appreciated :-)

So, there we go then, Motleys et al. May be worth trying the Dog & Bone to see how things work out there instead. If so, the address is as follows:

Dog & Bone Pub
112 Upper East Coast Rd
Singapore, 455006, Singapore
+65 6243 8875

You may want to check out google maps for the exact location too.

So, I guess a 7.30pm arrival there to catch the quiz would be good. Unfortunately, I probably won't make next week's quiz, but maybe the one after that, remembering that it's every fortnight, rather than every week.

Would be good if a few of you could make it next week to add feedback to Saint's...it sounds like it ticks all the boxes, even if it is a slight bit out of town.

Good luck with that, all, and look forward to hearing all about it.

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Dog & Bone, anyone...?

Post by Dave Magoo » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:53 am

I take it from the lack of postings that no-one made it to the Dog & Bone last night?...never mind, if not.

I think it's every 2 weeks (right, Saint?), so will be around for the next one for sure.

If anyone did make it last night, would be good to hear any feedback you may have.

Hope all is good for one and all :)

Still-in-Bkk-Magoo

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:04 pm

I was there and my team one for the first time :cool:

There wasn't a team called the Motley Crew among the 9 teams that entered, total pot of $165

Yes it's every 2 weeks

TommyD
Regular
Regular

Post by TommyD » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:10 pm

I was at the boomerang, the original girl (jenette, denette??) was there for her last hosting before going back to Aus. We didn't take the Motley name and opted for something more apt. . . "The Wooden Spoons".

Although we came second last, we managed to blast in the movies round (which happened to be our bonus round) and win a round of drinks. The overall winning team was also kind enough to trade in their free dinner and give every team a $50 voucher instead. So $50 off dinner and a free round of cocktails made for a good night even though we were second last.

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Sterling efforts, chaps :-)

Post by Dave Magoo » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 3:10 pm

Good on ya, both Saint and Tommy D, for differing reasons. Always good to come out of any quiz in profit, regardless of how it was achieved :cool: Keep it up for sure!

Sad to hear that the Motleys missed Jennette's last outing at the Boomer (but she had kinda did that a few weeks previously, so surprised she made a guest appearance :o ), but can now consider a Dog & Bone/Boomer rotation, as there'll be 2 gap weeks in the D & B quiz. Throw in the Harry's/Molly Malones efforts, and still lots of options on the table 8-)

It is more likely that I'll make the last week of July quizzes than next week's, so hope to be somewhere on 28th (I think) to catch up with y'all.

Cheers for now.

Magoo

Dave Magoo
Regular
Regular

Not gonna make any quiz this evening :-(

Post by Dave Magoo » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:58 pm

Sorry, one and all, but actually won't make this evening's various quizzes after all. My work has held me up a tad longer in Bangkok.

Good luck to anyone who gives it a go anyway :)

Magoo :)

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Post by whiterr » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 6:16 pm

Don't forget Harry's at Boat Quay tomorrow night at 8 p.m!