Singapore Expats

Looking for a little mental help

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
GRichard

Looking for a little mental help

Post by GRichard » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 3:35 pm

I just came not long ago and I'm looking for a psychotherapist/counsellor/hypnotherapist to help me. I have anxiety problems but I'm not too sure if I should change my current form of therapy. Back in vancouver I used to see a psychotherapist, but since I'm here I'm looking for a change. Any one can recommend something ?

Thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Looking for a little mental help

Post by ksl » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:33 pm

GRichard wrote:I just came not long ago and I'm looking for a psychotherapist/counsellor/hypnotherapist to help me. I have anxiety problems but I'm not too sure if I should change my current form of therapy. Back in vancouver I used to see a psychotherapist, but since I'm here I'm looking for a change. Any one can recommend something ?

Thanks
Try the gym! problem is more likely an imbalance of chemicals, look for the source of the problem and cut it out, probably an allergy, if you are blonde and blue eyed it maybe a reaction too to much protein, could also be too much adrenalin flowing through the veins too, which is bad news.

There is only one kind of therapy to beat this and it's pure will power, but have a blood test to see what's going on in the blood. All the psychotherapy is okay, but only you yourself can deal with it. It's not easy, I sympathise with you. You also need some strong friends around you, that can understand, try to seek out some organisation, where you can meet with others.

Special Girl

Try this it works!

Post by Special Girl » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 10:45 am

Whilst you are trying to decide on what kind of therapy, something I have found extremely helpful in mood stabilisation/enhancement is making sure i get enough sunlight everyday (shouldnt be a problem here in sg) and also making sure you get enough fats (good fats ) in your diet. Sooo very important for the brain and mood balance.

good fats such as flaxseed oil (1-2 tablespoon per day) fish oil.

I also find meditation a great boost too, for any anxiety. It immediately calms the nervous system and if you can be disciplined with it, could resolve or at least drastically improve your anxiety if you follow the other advice, i.e. good fats in diet, sunlight, and exercise.

Special Girl