Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Approval

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
tomrs

Employment Pass Approval

Post by tomrs » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:52 am

After getting Employment pass approval what is the next step. What will be the next step, experienced people give your inputs.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 2:05 pm

You take your Approval in Principle letter, all documents that were required in the approval letter (which may be none if you filed by mail and already sent them), your medical exam results, and your passport, and go down to MOM. They will review the materials, keep your passport for a couple of hours, and return it to you with a green card and an employment pass stamp in your passport. Not all EP's will require a medical, some only need to affirm they don't have AIDS or TB... depends where you are from.

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 3:41 pm

What about the Q1 pass. Do I have to visit the MOM office in person and what will be the procedure after approval for Q1 pass.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 4:29 pm

You ALWAYS visit the MOM office in person (well, not quite exactly right - a representative can also do it), but your passports and documents must be physically presented to the MOM officer for any EP. My advice is to go yourself in case their are questions that a representative might not be able to answer.

nicki08

Post by nicki08 » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:53 pm

I agree to go in person - I have heard of people getting in trouble by sending someone else to MOM.

Icemocha

Post by Icemocha » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 3:39 pm

Definitely go in person.

pranir

How about Medical for Q1 can it be done in other country?

Post by pranir » Sun, 28 Jun 2009 8:36 pm

Hi I got Q1 In-Principle approval letter, I am Indian citizen and working in Malaysia, now my question is can i do Medical Examination in any recognised Hospital in Malaysia? Is it valid in MOM?

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 7:42 pm

I just got a Q1 pass approved for my staff ..once i scanned and emailed to him the IPA.. he mentioned that there must be some kind of a barcode..and instead of going to MOM ,he is hanging on to the IPA :(