Singapore Expats

Panansonic Camera needs Servicing or Repair

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Panansonic Camera needs Servicing or Repair

Post by Zeenit » Wed, 13 May 2009 9:16 am

I have tried calling Panasonic directly but they dont seem to answer the phone. Is there anywhere else that i can take the camera to for servicing?

Thanks
Zeenit

bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluenose » Tue, 19 May 2009 8:02 am

Funan has a few places that may help you.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 May 2009 8:47 am

What is wrong with your camera? I've got a FX-09 where the LCD display has died... no more backlight. According to the parts list this is a US$ 122 item.

Let me know if you find a place... I'd like to see if repairs are possible on my camera.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Tue, 19 May 2009 10:05 am

Strong Eagle wrote:What is wrong with your camera? I've got a FX-09 where the LCD display has died... no more backlight. According to the parts list this is a US$ 122 item.

Let me know if you find a place... I'd like to see if repairs are possible on my camera.
SE, I got hold of Panasonic and took my camera along. They were very helpful and had to reset it as it was hanging. And also sent someone to show me what some of the functions do. As i know a very little but enough not to be told use Auto it was helpful. And they never charged me a cent :D
Zeenit

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 May 2009 11:21 am

Zeenit wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:What is wrong with your camera? I've got a FX-09 where the LCD display has died... no more backlight. According to the parts list this is a US$ 122 item.

SE, I got hold of Panasonic and took my camera along. They were very helpful and had to reset it as it was hanging. And also sent someone to show me what some of the functions do. As i know a very little but enough not to be told use Auto it was helpful. And they never charged me a cent :D
Can you pass along Panasonic contact info and location? TIA.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Tue, 19 May 2009 1:15 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Zeenit wrote:

Can you pass along Panasonic contact info and location? TIA.[/quote

http://panasonic.com.sg/web/support/ser ... carecentre

I had to call a few times before I got thru. But if you in Sinagpore and have 1 hour just pop along. Why I say 1 hours was in case they get someone to come and talk to you and show you things etc. But otherwise it was about 10 mins waiting before I saw someone and they were very helpful.
Zeenit

jensonquek

Post by jensonquek » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 1:32 pm

service so bad?not a good sign
specialized in security issue, dealing with cctv cameras, alarm system and card access system

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 2:54 pm

jensonquek wrote:service so bad?not a good sign
What do you know? Read the whole thread not the first couple of words. Or are you posting to get your numbers up?? :???:
Zeenit

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 4:55 pm

What do you mean? If you go at crowded time, you wait. I went early and had no wait to get my camera fixed. Service is fine. Hard to get in on the telephone.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:09 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
What do you mean? If you go at crowded time, you wait. I went early and had no wait to get my camera fixed. Service is fine. Hard to get in on the telephone.
Glad to hear that you got your camera fixed.
:D
Zeenit

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:21 pm

Zeenit - I neet to drop a lens of mine into Nikon next week - I'll ask them if they might be able to fix it. They said they would also fix any problems with our FZ-18 Lumix (!).

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:27 pm

Panasonic fixed my camera on the spot and gave me a tutorial all for free. Also ordered me 2 lens caps for under $9.00. :D :D

All i now need is a new Canon 450D :P
Zeenit

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Thu, 25 Jun 2009 6:35 pm

Nikon champ, Nikon !