Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 9:30 pm

Hi aadvark,

You mentioned that the swelling from PS on your eyes, dimples and nose were the worst.

I had my rhinoplasty yesterday. Now my face is swelling like crazy and I have problem opening my eyes. Feeling down but I will survive.

Did the doctor stuffed cloth with medicine inside your nostril? I took them out cos I feel so uncomfortable breathing through my nose.

Vivigirl

Post by Vivigirl » Sun, 21 Jun 2009 3:09 am

kaya_toast wrote:Hi aadvark,

You mentioned that the swelling from PS on your eyes, dimples and nose were the worst.

I had my rhinoplasty yesterday. Now my face is swelling like crazy and I have problem opening my eyes. Feeling down but I will survive.

Did the doctor stuffed cloth with medicine inside your nostril? I took them out cos I feel so uncomfortable breathing through my nose.
Hi,

Where did you do your rhinoplasty? Care to share? I'm making plans for mine and I've shortlisted for 2 doctors. I believe you will feel better as the days go by. =)

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:44 pm

hi anyone keen to go tokai together in august ? I have made plans to go there in august, if i cant find anyone to go with i would probably have to go alone. Anyone has went there alone ? Anything that i should be aware of ? Any experience to share ? Thanks in advance

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:16 am

Dear Vivigirl,

I am a crazy "cai tou" who actually spent 2 years saving for a new nose in Singapore. A bit shy to mention... :mrgreen:

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 4:43 am

kaya_toast wrote:Hi aadvark,

get plenty of water, plenty of sleep, u shld look much more normal in around 9 days, first 5 days are the worst :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 1:17 pm

Haha... Thanks aadvark.

Today is the 4th day and I look like a cabbage patch kid... :cool:

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 2:43 pm

I will be doing BA on 21 july 2009 with Dr Nara, i will be going back on the 25 july 2009, On which day will need to remove the stitches?
Any experienced GP in singapore to remove BA stitches? Or can i remove eariler with Dr Nara?
Someone help! :?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 7:54 pm

perfectionist wrote:I will be doing BA on 21 july 2009 with Dr Nara, i will be going back on the 25 july 2009, On which day will need to remove the stitches?
Any experienced GP in singapore to remove BA stitches? Or can i remove eariler with Dr Nara?
Someone help! :?
stitches need to stay on for a min time and also not beyond a max period, to ensure the wound heals properly. u can always remove at ps dept in the hosp if afraid. tan tock seng has a ps dept
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 8:33 pm

just wondering during my stay 21 july - 25 july, will i be able to remove my stitches by nara?
Hws e pricing for removing stitches in TTS hospital ( the wan u mention), aadvark?

pfibi

Post by pfibi » Mon, 22 Jun 2009 9:39 pm

confabulate wrote:hi anyone keen to go tokai together in august ? I have made plans to go there in august, if i cant find anyone to go with i would probably have to go alone. Anyone has went there alone ? Anything that i should be aware of ? Any experience to share ? Thanks in advance
ya I went alone 2 weeks ago. The place's pretty easy to find, just tell the cab driver sukhumvit 97 beside 7-11. Well I stayed near tesco lotus (supermarket + food court etc) so food isn't much of a problem. Pretty good variety there except for the fruits :S. If you want fruit juice go up the train station beside tesco. There's a little fruit juice stall there. Might be useful if you understand a few thai phrases 'cuz I really couldn't find anyone who spoke english there, except for the hotel staff.

If you're staying in IMM Fusion (3 mins walk from tesco) make sure you bring fking mosquito repellant!! omg it's terrible. And bring books and your laptop with u or something to kill time in the room, or go sign up for VCD rentals at tesco ;). Time flies pretty fast when you're there, 'cuz you spend most of the time sleeping/eating anyway. Good luck!

Berserkmind

Post by Berserkmind » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:07 am

Hi guys,
I checked for a date with Dr Pat from Tokai and he replied that that day is available.
He then proceeded to ask for a deposit if USD100 wired to his account if i want to confirm the appt.

Is this normal? Can I choose not to do so and confirm it face to face with him? I dont feel comfortable doing that. Furthermore, who knows i may freak out and back out last min?

Sorry for asking so much as i am new to this, and i am really scared as i will be going alone =(

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:14 am

confabulate wrote:hi anyone keen to go tokai together in august ? I have made plans to go there in august, if i cant find anyone to go with i would probably have to go alone. Anyone has went there alone ? Anything that i should be aware of ? Any experience to share ? Thanks in advance

I went alone too back in feb :) Its easy to find, just look out for the 7-11 like what pfibi said, cause the clinic is hidden behind the overhead bridge. Its facing the main road, so don't turn into one of those alleys, my cabby did. But he was nice enough to call the clinic for me to ask for the address cause we got kinda lost. Remember to keep the clinic's number handy!

Oh and i'll be going back to tokai for more work in late july or early september, will be glad to go there with you if you're hopping on a plane from singapore, but i will be heading back on the day itself, cause i don't like the idea of staying in bangkok to heal. Get back to me if you're willing to go before august ok confabulate! Oh and good luck for your surgery!

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:17 am

Berserkmind wrote:Hi guys,
I checked for a date with Dr Pat from Tokai and he replied that that day is available.
He then proceeded to ask for a deposit if USD100 wired to his account if i want to confirm the appt.

Is this normal? Can I choose not to do so and confirm it face to face with him? I dont feel comfortable doing that. Furthermore, who knows i may freak out and back out last min?

Sorry for asking so much as i am new to this, and i am really scared as i will be going alone =(
Hey berserkmind,

Don't worry, that happened to me too!
Just tell him you do not have an account to wire the money to him, but you will definitely be there on the appointed day. I did the same thing with him not long back saying i'm only a student and i don't have a paypal and credit card, and he agreed.
Went through with my surgery in the end and the result is very satisfactory, so yeah, no worries on not transferring him money first :)

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Annakilly and pfibi, thanks for being so encouraging and sharing your experience here, this is exactly what i needed.

Hi Annakilly, thanks for your well wishes. Not sure if its convenient for me to have your messenger account if you have one. I cant pm you as im kinda new here. I hope to discuss with you if i could tag along with you. in late july

Hope to hear from you. Thanks

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 4:45 pm

confabulate wrote:Hi Annakilly and pfibi, thanks for being so encouraging and sharing your experience here, this is exactly what i needed.

Hi Annakilly, thanks for your well wishes. Not sure if its convenient for me to have your messenger account if you have one. I cant pm you as im kinda new here. I hope to discuss with you if i could tag along with you. in late july

Hope to hear from you. Thanks
Hey confabulate!

Its [email protected]
Hear from ya soon!