Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 2:02 pm

Berserkmind wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Berserkmind wrote:Hi Aadvark, how much did it cost you for buccal fat removal at Tokai?
What is the downtime for that, and is there alot of swelling and pain?

Any idea what are the charges like at other clinics/hospital for buccal fat removal?

I intend to do cheek/chin liposuction, so should remove buccal fat first or lipo first?

Must wear compression garments for face?

Sorry, very new to this so need advice. Thank you.
i did with jaw implants, so were a package price
yoskarn quoted me 1k usd for buccal, think yanhee was abt there also

lipo is at the epidermal layer, while buccal fat pad is at a deeper level, so it really depends which is causing ur face to look fat. it's possible to do both at same time as well.

yeah, ur face will swell like mad, doc will provide u with compression for the face. i wore it at home. but dun think it's an issue, cos u will be so swollen, u wun wanna be seen outside of ur home anyway
Hi Aadvark tks for your reply. I emailed Tokai and Dr Pat said buccal fat pad removal has no downtime. I can go back to work the very next day. i hope this is true for everyone cos i only took a few days leave for the bangkok trip.

I am intending to go another trip to Dr Nara to do the under chin lipo and arm lipo but from what i understand, that they dont provide compression garments at all. :shock: How long you recommend that i should stay home after this trip so i can plan my leave?
hmmm, then perhaps my swelling was due more to my jaw implants. but def will swell wan, but prob not bad enuff to have to stay home.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 2:12 pm

Hey Addvark,

May I know what is the link you use to book the Lee garden hotel again? I favourite it that time but lost the links.

Thanks.

pfibi

Post by pfibi » Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:30 pm

thx aadvark! just curious, how many surgeries have u done so far? u not bothered by the recovery one huh, it's such a bitch!!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 3:52 am

pfibi wrote:thx aadvark! just curious, how many surgeries have u done so far? u not bothered by the recovery one huh, it's such a bitch!!
lol, it's one too many for sure... yeah, recovery's a bitch... which is why i'm taking a break right now, enjoying the handiwork for once, rather than looking swollen 9 mths out of a yr.

eyes, dimples and nose were the worst, cos u look odd while waiting to recover. The other ops, can always cover up by stating it's some other op.
after facial lipo, i swelled like crazy, so i told ppl it was a bad case of food allergy. the chin, i said i fell down and split it open, even showed everyone the stitches below the chin, lol ;)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 3:53 am

EnvyMe wrote:Hey Addvark,

May I know what is the link you use to book the Lee garden hotel again? I favourite it that time but lost the links.

Thanks.
i used hotelthailand.com :)

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:40 am

Question for everyone who did eyes before...

If after surgery/recovery blah blah...you already look better (in photos at least). But upon close inspection, both eyelids are not symmetrical..

Would you or would you not go for a revision?

let's say for example, the person will only notice it when he/she is close enough to kiss you. But after knowing it, the difference is actually quite obvious.

how how?? going through the recovery stage puts me off le...

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:48 am

Wait some more; you've barely finished healing - eyes can take up to 1 year before healing is complete. It took about 9 months before both my eyes looked symmetrical. Just be patient :)

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks Addvark.

By the way to those who stays at Lee Garden hotel, care to share how much you book for the hotel and room type? Where did you book for the hotel?

I went to HotelThailand.com the price was about $54 per night for superior room.

Heard many said that they get the price belowe $50. Any advice? Thanks!

Ginnie84

Post by Ginnie84 » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 3:46 pm

Hi EnvyMe,

The price will be cheaper if you book at Hatyai,those tour agency...There are quite a number of tour agency..I went there 3mths ago the price i check was around S$45 per nite..U can save about $10+ per nite,compared to booking online..I was so like heartpain when i check out the price there..I stay there 4 3nites and if i know is cheaper to book there i guess i can save $80+..Faint :???:

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 4:30 pm

cersepn wrote:Wait some more; you've barely finished healing - eyes can take up to 1 year before healing is complete. It took about 9 months before both my eyes looked symmetrical. Just be patient :)
Most likely will wait till one year is up before i go for any revision..but it is still a decision to be made mah... Thanks

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 5:56 pm

Ginnie84 wrote:Hi EnvyMe,

The price will be cheaper if you book at Hatyai,those tour agency...There are quite a number of tour agency..I went there 3mths ago the price i check was around S$45 per nite..U can save about $10+ per nite,compared to booking online..I was so like heartpain when i check out the price there..I stay there 4 3nites and if i know is cheaper to book there i guess i can save $80+..Faint :???:
Hi Ginnie84!

Woa! Hmm, if book directly at the hotel when I reach?

Like that meaning I don't do any booking and do the last minute booking there with the tour agency? Where can I find them?

Thanks!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 3:51 am

Brenton wrote:
cersepn wrote:Wait some more; you've barely finished healing - eyes can take up to 1 year before healing is complete. It took about 9 months before both my eyes looked symmetrical. Just be patient :)
Most likely will wait till one year is up before i go for any revision..but it is still a decision to be made mah... Thanks
how can u make a decision based on something that hasn't happen? :S
anyway, most natural dbl eyelids are not symmetrical

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:31 am

EnvyMe wrote:Thanks Addvark.

By the way to those who stays at Lee Garden hotel, care to share how much you book for the hotel and room type? Where did you book for the hotel?

I went to HotelThailand.com the price was about $54 per night for superior room.

Lee Garden and Lee Garden Plaza are two diff hotels. Dr Putt's clinic is near to Lee Garden whereas Dr Nara's clinic is near to Lee Garden Plaza.

I booked Lee Garden Plaza Junior Suite with Hotel2thailand at a total price of 7,975 baht for 5 nites including tax. About S$69 per nite at current x-rate of 23.4.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:35 am

Brenton wrote:
Then after revision got to wait another year to be symmetrical :o

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:57 am

kensan wrote:
EnvyMe wrote:Thanks Addvark.

Lee Garden and Lee Garden Plaza are two diff hotels. Dr Putt's clinic is near to Lee Garden whereas Dr Nara's clinic is near to Lee Garden Plaza.

I booked Lee Garden Plaza Junior Suite with Hotel2thailand at a total price of 7,975 baht for 5 nites including tax. About S$69 per nite at current x-rate of 23.4.
Oh yah sorry. I was mentioning the Lee Garden Plaza because I'm going to Dr Nara.

I've seen other forumers saying they have the superior room at less than $50 per night. wonder where they book, and some suggest us to book it upon arrival.