Singapore Expats

gardening advice needed....

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
UK-HK-SIN

Post by UK-HK-SIN » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Jasmini

Thanks for the tips. I went to FEF on Sat and got some great stuff. It gets delivered tomorrow. I went to their store in Tampines as they offer a 'gardening' service and are going to come and re-pot everything for me and put some of the plants I bought into the garden. The Tamines place is slightly cheaper if you are buying a lot but generally the plants are not as pretty as they are not as established.

I was tempted by the hoses but forgot to check the size of my taps...

jasmini

Post by jasmini » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 9:25 am

wow, that's fast! glad you've got your plants! :D I have not been to Tampine's FEF...will check out their promo when i'm in the area.

i was at Sungei Tengah area some days ago (near Qian Hu fish farm) - there are many HUGE landscape florists there. they should be wholesalers, but i wonder if they sell to the public. anyone knows?

also, can i ask what is the name of the clementi nursery that was recommended here? thanks!

pennant
Regular
Regular

Post by pennant » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:39 am

jasmini wrote:wow, that's fast! glad you've got your plants! :D I have not been to Tampine's FEF...will check out their promo when i'm in the area.

i was at Sungei Tengah area some days ago (near Qian Hu fish farm) - there are many HUGE landscape florists there. they should be wholesalers, but i wonder if they sell to the public. anyone knows?

also, can i ask what is the name of the clementi nursery that was recommended here? thanks!
hi the sungei tengah area, the do retail too ! can walk in to take a look..
i'm a flora designer, hence know all e florists !
LOL
:D
A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top

jasmini

Post by jasmini » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:52 am

pennant wrote: hi the sungei tengah area, the do retail too ! can walk in to take a look..
LOL
hi pennant, cool! what's a flora designer? u do landscaping? :D

since you're so well informed, do u happen to know the name of the clementi florist? where is it located? i'm keen to go since someone reco in the above posts.

sungei tengah/ sembawang/elsewhere -- u know of any wholesalers that are huge & more popular? ( i'm not keen in the very rural / or so-called ulu ones). thanks.

and last qn: do you know of any places that sells designer pots? or pots that are zen/minimalist/modern that are reasonably priced? i want to do indoor plants as decor but needed some contemporary looking pots. the ones i see are not so nice...or looks oldish.
maybe i should pay ikea a visit...do they have nice pots currently?

pennant
Regular
Regular

Post by pennant » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 1:24 pm

jasmini wrote:
pennant wrote: hi the sungei tengah area, the do retail too ! can walk in to take a look..
LOL
hi pennant, cool! what's a flora designer? u do landscaping? :D

since you're so well informed, do u happen to know the name of the clementi florist? where is it located? i'm keen to go since someone reco in the above posts.

sungei tengah/ sembawang/elsewhere -- u know of any wholesalers that are huge & more popular? ( i'm not keen in the very rural / or so-called ulu ones). thanks.

and last qn: do you know of any places that sells designer pots? or pots that are zen/minimalist/modern that are reasonably priced? i want to do indoor plants as decor but needed some contemporary looking pots. the ones i see are not so nice...or looks oldish.
maybe i should pay ikea a visit...do they have nice pots currently?

hi jasmini, i do mostly weddings n events :)

i'm not sure which clementi florist they are referring to, but if you are looking for pots, can check out thompson area, they sell lots of pots there ! i usually go to either jimei or fareast
A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top