Singapore Expats

any good facial to recommend?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
sammieluv

Post by sammieluv » Thu, 28 May 2009 11:11 am

the ultimate at shaw house is pretty good, i would say. but they're rather high-end and some of the therapists do try to hard sell but overall my experience has been not too bad.

anniedaynow

Post by anniedaynow » Fri, 29 May 2009 9:09 pm

[quote="elska76"]Hi chix chix,

Yes i used to go to leonard drake but stopped when i finished my package with them. I realise i had to go to them for my facial every month. My face will go abit nuts on me every month like clock work. So i decided to try another facial place. My cousin intro me to Bella which i felt suit me better as i dont have to go for my facial every month :)
On top of it my facial with Leonard Drake was S$250/treatment

I currently visit Bella once every 2-3 mths and my skin has been manageable :)

At Bella, i signed up their "White Grape" facial treatment......so far so good. Wanted to try their caviar treatment since im using the products from the caviar range but the manager told me the caviar treatment is too rich for me.
The white grape treatment i pay for is at $150/treatment.
Bella was willing to work around my budget so im happy with their flexibility.

Hi elska,

Which outlet do you use?

robinson1401

Post by robinson1401 » Sun, 31 May 2009 12:41 am

hey peeps,

just saw this online article about some stem cells products from FIL and did some research on this stem cell thingy.... sounds like finally an answer to aging.....

anyone tried it yet?

http://www.divaasia.com/article/3015

Desireeee

Post by Desireeee » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:48 am

Due to current crisis, our family recently had to move away from staying in the city and move into the neighbourhood. We shifted to Thomson/AMK landed condo. Actually I was delighted cos after moving in, I realised I can a lot more value for money services in the neighbourhood. I visited one mani/pedi/facial shop called FingerFoot near my house, and they provided excellent services at very reasonable price. Most important of all, they did not push for any package or products at all. So much so that I actually have to ask if they offered any package, since I like it there very much, and so conveniently located near my house, in order to save some costs. Ha Ha.
Anyone stay near my area should try on this shop. Oh, poor me, the shop is located at Blk 181 AMK Ave 5. Better call 6552 7466 for appointment, sometimes can be crowded especially weekends. Good facial massage and very refreshing products.

Maria Mae

Post by Maria Mae » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 4:46 pm

I go to Vedure MediBoutique at Wheelock Place and I'm really happy with their services. I find that the place is very clean as in the towels and sheets and the products they use are good quality. Hygiene and quality is very important to me and I get totally irked at salons that are dodgy.

Another good thing is the therapists there speak English and are experienced.

Last time I went to Beauty Express and I really h8 it because the therapists fingers always smell of smoke
"Laugh as long as you breathe, Love as long as you live"

lorelei

Post by lorelei » Sun, 14 Jun 2009 3:00 am

I like FIL's except for a lot of hardselling, cos it's the one of the only few places they take care of your face and you dont get tons of redness after it cos they put tons of stuff to calm your skin. I'm happy with it, minus irritating hard selling!

Beautyhunter

Re: any good facial to recommend?

Post by Beautyhunter » Sun, 21 Dec 2014 4:29 pm

I would avoid Kira at Orchard Central at all costs. They never keep to your appointment time (often having to wait up to 30mins at the reception desk despite pre-scheduled appointment - then what's the point of making an APPOINTMENT?!), RUDE Branch Manager, lousy staff service and facial quality, and HARD SELLING at EVERY facial session for products top-up or purchase of new package.

The best part is, they can also forget about the customer on the facial bed (Me) after the first step of brief facial wash, leaving the customer unattended to for a whole 40 minutes, despite a few rounds of enquiring about the long wait. The excuse - 'someone' will attend to you soon. ????!!!????!!!!!
AND the Branch Manager's bad attitude afterwards!!

Please don't sign yourself up for misery (because they will never refund your package balance).

snowgirlwinter.sg

Re: any good facial to recommend?

Post by snowgirlwinter.sg » Sun, 28 Dec 2014 12:58 am

for me i would prefer to do facial at my own home. i don't like those hard selling tactics at those shops. i am there to relax not there to be stressed. if you want i can recomend you to my beautician. i got their brochure at the tampines mall .
its only restricted to female customers only. no hard selling. their price now is $58. you can watsapp her at 93251278 Sammie.