Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
punks888

Re: Zygoma Reduction

Post by punks888 » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 4:00 pm

Hi

Are there anyone out there that has procedures done by Dr hsieh? I will be heading to taiwan on the 14th July..

This is a rare procedure and a risky one as well. As such, i need advice badly.

Kindly share your experience with me.

punks888

CUPCAKEZ

Post by punks888 » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:09 am

CUpcakez...

Im sorry im nt able to PM u ... as im still a newbie.. can u add me on msn [email protected]

Hope to hear from u soon.. :P

Gbaby

Post by Gbaby » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 1:18 pm

Hi gals, do you have any reviews of Dr Yang from artwood for doing revisional eyelids? Or Dr Cheung from wish clinic? Which is better, care to share? thanks~

tobehunk

callin all boys who went for rib graft surgery!!

Post by tobehunk » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 9:21 am

hello,

i wld like to seek those guys who went for rib graft surgery for the nose.
how is the rib wound healing now? is the scar still visible?

could you guys post a pic of how the scar looks like now?

im a guy and im thinking of goin for the rib graft surgery for my nose but m very concerned abt the rib scar. for girls, it is not so bad i think coz from my understanding, the rib graft is done right under the breast. so after surgery, girls have their breasts to hang over and cover the wound. but for guys, it may be quite obvious.

so i really wld like to seek those guys who went for rib graft surgery to share with us how the wound is now. hope u guys can share and clear some thots for other guys who might want to do the rib graft surgery.

cupcakez
Regular
Regular

Will be in Taipei late July

Post by cupcakez » Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:49 am

Seriously? Nobody wanna meet in Taipei? :)

Gbaby

Post by Gbaby » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 2:27 am

Pinkyice wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:I had double eyelid revision and epicanthoplasty with Dr Jong last Friday.
Before the surgery, I was deciding between Dr Chuang (of wish clinic) and Dr Jong and I was leaning more towards Dr Chuang in the beginning.
I emailed both of them and Dr Chuang gave me very detailed answers while Dr Jong's replies are shorter but to the point.
One other reason was I had read a lot of positive reviews about Dr Chuang's works while there's very few on Dr Jong's.
What eventually made me decide on Dr Jong was a review on him by someone on the purseblog forum.
And I read here that someone had a nose job done by Dr Chuang and when she went back for a review and complained that her nose looks a bit crooked, Dr Chuang actually told her that nothing can be done!
So I took a gamble and decided on Dr Jong because during my emails with him, I felt that although his replies are short, I trust him and he has his own clinic (two in fact) while Dr Chuang works for wishclinic.
And I am glad that Dr Jong did not let me down...he's patient and his two nurses are absolute darlings. They held my hands and said comforting words to me during the surgery.
The whole procedure took about 2 hours and after the surgery, I was out shopping...no groggy feeling but then it wasn't my first eyelid suregry so I may be more oblivious to the discomfort.
I had eyelid surgeries in Singapore, in Thailand and now in Taiwan and I have to say that I am most satisfied with the one done by Dr Jong.
One thing I have to mention is that Dr Jong is a huge believer of natural looking results. In fact he didn't think I need epicanthoplasty but I insisted.
He keeps telling me that a double eyelid revision is enough but epicanthoplasty will 加分 (in his words).
Since I am already there, I decided to just do everything. So in the end, we compromised and he made only a tiny cut which is shorter than his usual epicanthoplasty surgeries.
IMO, plastic surgery is meant to enhance your appearance and not to drastically change it.
After my nose implant with Dr Sukit (anoher huge believer of natural looking results) last year, many people remarked that I look better but can't pinpoint the exact reason...no one knew I had a nose implant until I tell them.
I don't want to look exceptionally beautiful but fake (think Dawn Yeo) or to look so different that people can't recognize me but that's just me.
The most important thing is that you have to be able to communicate effectively with your surgeon and to trust his opinions.
Dr Jong and his nurses are very personable and I felt safe in their hands...although I am not his only patient that day, he made me feel like I am.
In fact, I will go to Dr Jong next year again for my eyelash implants and maybe alar reduction.
Again Dr Jong said that I don't really need an alar reduction but that it will 加分 and that eyelash implants should only be considered after I'm happy with my double eyelids.
Most doctors will want you to have as many surgeries as possible as that will mean more income for them so I really appreciate Dr Jong's honesty.
My eyes had reduced swelling by a lot and it's all thanks to the Arnica montana cream that I'm using. This helps to reduce swelling and bruising and it's really good.
This is a photo of my eyes taken with my crappy cellphone camera.
ImageImage
Hi Pinkyice, may i ask revision eyelid is able to correct eversion and lower the fold and may make ur eyes look brighter is it? I got 2 sausages hanging on top of my lids despite post op 1 year. I need guidiance desporately.

Sawadee

Post by Sawadee » Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:09 pm

has anyone had experiances in thailand with dr poomee

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 3:24 am

Gbaby wrote:Hi Pinkyice, may i ask revision eyelid is able to correct eversion and lower the fold and may make ur eyes look brighter is it? I got 2 sausages hanging on top of my lids despite post op 1 year. I need guidiance desporately.
Revision eyelid surgery is to revise your previous eyelid surgery which means that whatever you are unhappy with your eyes after the first surgery, you can ask the surgeon to revise it for you.
It's not just limited to lowering the fold, it can also be to make the fold higher etc.

Gbaby

Post by Gbaby » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 9:13 am

Pinkyice wrote:
Gbaby wrote:Hi Pinkyice, may i ask revision eyelid is able to correct eversion and lower the fold and may make ur eyes look brighter is it? I got 2 sausages hanging on top of my lids despite post op 1 year. I need guidiance desporately.
Revision eyelid surgery is to revise your previous eyelid surgery which means that whatever you are unhappy with your eyes after the first surgery, you can ask the surgeon to revise it for you.
It's not just limited to lowering the fold, it can also be to make the fold higher etc.
How long does your eyelids take for the swelling to go down? Does Dr Jong uses the mini incision method?

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 4:33 pm

Gbaby wrote:How long does your eyelids take for the swelling to go down? Does Dr Jong uses the mini incision method?
Can't remember exactly, but I think it's around a week.
I don't know what method Dr Jong uses...I don't really care anyway.
What I care is if he can give me the results I want.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 4:33 am

Hi guys i need your opinion......(but please dont judge me)

Im having a really hard time thinking of whether i should get Rib cartiledge or Ear cartiledge done.....

This is my reason.

Rib cartiledge i know i will have the nose i want (well closer to my goal compared to using ear) however i will look completely different, i think i will stop talking to my friends because i know alot of rumors will go around.. i dont want ppl to know i did rhinoplasty..

OR

Should i just do a lil operation and do ear cartiledge for my nose.. that way i can still see my friends, its only a lil difference (btw.. my friends are university students.. we barely see each other anyways so they wouldnt be able to tell the difference)
However i'll always be wishing to have the perfect nose like song hye kyo when i use ear.. and i think i'll be better looking using rib... but i dont wanna have to keep hiding until i graduate and move

wobuzhidao

Post by wobuzhidao » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 3:56 pm

any suggestion for accomodation if i want to stay in taipei for 2 weeks, the cheaper the better

my_nemesis

Back from Taiwan PS Trip

Post by my_nemesis » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 6:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been a silent reader of this forum and have just returned from my PS trip from Taiwan. I've did quite a number of things there.

I would be contributing about the details of my trip here soon.

Just not at the moment as i'm still very depressed with my results and I don't want my mood to affect what I say about my results as I don't want to give an inaccurate account.

Aadvark, are you around this forum? Can I please have your msn email? I'm really depressed about my entire results and would like to seek your help in answering some question...

Are you able to leave your email here or something? Cause I can't pm you and I can't leave my email here as I'm worried people will know who I am.

Many thanks in advance.

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 1:26 am

wobuzhidao wrote:any suggestion for accomodation if i want to stay in taipei for 2 weeks, the cheaper the better
http://taipei-backpackers.com/hostel/index.php

One of my girlfriends stayed in the above hostel when she's in Taipei.
She said it's good and she made a lot of friends there too.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 3:50 am

my_nemesis

u dont have to tell us in detail right now until u feel better but i was wondering who is ur doctor in taiwan?