Singapore Expats

maids

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:04 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:RL]

Quasi,

You out chumming the waters again?
Who? Me? Well, I never! :wink: And it's twice as good when thickheads simply don't get it.
One in the hand is worth two of something

gillypadi

Post by gillypadi » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:13 am

My helper is married... I asked for a red packet on Chinese New Year and she looked shocked! Like, c'mon..... do I have to tell her everything?

And that woman.. she only gave me $20! Can you believe it? I took back the 2 oranges and cookies I gave her.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:24 pm

gilli,

Wrong thread.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 2:37 pm

Geez, it annoys me when people don't stick to the original topic . . . :roll:

gillypadi

Post by gillypadi » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 3:21 pm

Aiyoh, Sorry Lorrrrrr.

I say take a transfer maid... you can have mine.

p.s If you find anymore of my oranges in her bag, can you please return them? TIA.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 12:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't mind Quasi......

He likes to post most everything

Quasi,

You out chumming the waters again?

TGIF! :P
why do i get the feeling quasimodo is following me....is this what they call cyber asshole?

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 9:33 am

why do i get the feeling quasimodo is following me....
Generally, trolls are socially inept people that starve for affection. They can't get affection because they're generally socially inept. They often turn to the internet for gratification because they can generate a lot of attention with out accepting personality responsibility for their actions.

Unfortunately, this board feeds trolls so it's not likely he'll be leaving. I found it pretty interesting that Quasi would declare 99 out of 100 Filpinia's are maids or prostitues and only a couple of people objected to that statement. But let a newbie ask a naive question and people come out of the woodwork to make fun of them.

Just ignore his negative comments and reply to positive ones.

Trolls are usually entertaining until the attention turns away from them, then they turn to poison. Funny, then sad.
Pakjohn

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:29 am

i believe he is just bored. im getting bored of answering as well. so ill move on lol...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:48 am

Nice copy paste pakjohn. :P

Unfortunately, this board feeds trolls so it's not likely he'll be leaving. I found it pretty interesting that Quasi would declare 99 out of 100 Filpinia's are maids or prostitues and only a couple of people objected to that statement. But let a newbie ask a naive question and people come out of the woodwork to make fun of them.

This is where you have blundered, since you haven't been on this board very long I will leave to find out what I mean. Might be an idea if you re-read that thread.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 7:00 am

This is where you have blundered, since you haven't been on this board very long I will leave to find out what I mean. Might be an idea if you re-read that thread.
Plavt, I intentionally didn't cut and paste or otherwise steer people to the particular thread mentioned about Filipinas. I was making an observation as that post has over 6500 views. My point being in all those views only a couple people objected to that remark. (Of course 6500 people didn't read every liine and every post, but I'm sure a lot more than 2 did!)

What am I looking for when I reread the thread?
Pakjohn

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:19 am

morenangpinay wrote:
why do i get the feeling quasimodo is following me
I believe I have responded to two of your posts? If that qualifies as 'following' then we should discuss this on the language forum.
pakjohn wrote:
why do i get the feeling quasimodo is following me....
Generally, trolls are socially inept people that starve for affection. They can't get affection because they're generally socially inept. They often turn to the internet for gratification because they can generate a lot of attention with out accepting personality responsibility for their actions.

Just ignore his negative comments and reply to positive ones.

Trolls are usually entertaining until the attention turns away from them, then they turn to poison. Funny, then sad.
(You do like using what is, for you, fancy phraseology . . . socially inept, eh?)

Is that why you are incapable of addressing an issue, because you are socially inept . . . and please explain what 'personality responsibility' is, I have yet to fathom that one.

As for not many people disagreeing with my assertion, could it be that many people agree or does that not figure in your thoughts? I already admitted that my 99% figure was inaccurate . . . can't read?

Do you have anything to address the subject or do you just LOL your way through life like the superficial person you seem to be?

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:32 am

As for not many people disagreeing with my assertion, could it be that many people agree or does that not figure in your thoughts? I already admitted that my 99% figure was inaccurate . . . can't read?
If you'll re-read my post, my point was that it seems a lot of people may well share your dismal view of Filipinas.

Why are you always so angry? I'm not trying to make you look bad, you are doing a better job than I could possibly do. You're really a sad person

lol Quasimodo!
Pakjohn

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:52 pm

pakjohn wrote:
If you'll re-read my post, my point was that it seems a lot of people may well share your dismal view of Filipinas.

Why are you always so angry? I'm not trying to make you look bad, you are doing a better job than I could possibly do. You're really a sad person

lol Quasimodo!
Deary, deary me . . . is English your first language? Have you ever thought that you may be incorrect in your view . . . or that you haven't even brought forth a sensible argument for your point of view? All you seem capable of - lol - is shouting 'racism, racism' . . . lol

Come on, try it. Your point of view is:

glenndanker

Re: maids

Post by glenndanker » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:14 pm

chippie wrote:can someone please tell me the pros cons of hireing a maid new in the country and a transfer maid
From what I see, I think the pros of hiring a maid new in the country is since the maid is new, you can teach her about the country culture and what you want her to do. Also, new maids may be more willing to learn new things.
Cons of a maid new in the country is sometimes, being new means making more mistakes. But it is part of the learning process also. Then being new also mean that the maid may not be able to carry out every task you tell her.Also, sometimes, maids who are new in the country may not understand what we are saying so we need to teach them with more patience and effort.

Pros of transfer maid is they are experienced and they know about the country's culture thus, they may be easier to work with. Also, they would be able to understand what we are trying to say easier as compared to maids new in the country.
Cons of transfer maid is sometimes, old habits die hard. Some transfer maids tend to laze around and thus, their old habits are hard to get rid of.

These examples I gave are very subjective and may not mean that all maid who are new in the country or transfer maids are like that.

PricillaQueen

Post by PricillaQueen » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:30 pm

My indonesian maid has been with us for about 3 years. I guess you need to treat everyone with respect. She doenst have the privilege of education but she is hard working.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Teresa

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”