Singapore Expats

Tullamarine terror

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:22 pm

road.not.taken wrote:
rattlesnake wrote:You're right - it is a wind up ............. now. I got me a Sierrafish - with no bait on the hook. \:D/

There has to be more challenging fishing though - this was like those little magnet fish you see at a carnival - where every one corresponds to a rubbish prize. This for you now Sierra - :console: , I kind of wondered when that emoticon could be used.
This thread is ridiculous :roll: I was ready to dismiss all the participants in this particular exchange as equally culpable. But this right here? ^^^

Insulting someone, then trying to patch it up in the same breath? Well, let's just say rattle snake is aptly named and should be avoided at all costs.
Well, well, well Road Not Taken - Thanks for the jab in the ribs by the way. For a start, this thread went off the rails ages ago in fact, if you read it, I was one of only a handful to understand what the original question was.

Back to your jab - let's just look at my comment that brought about the "baiting" remark:
rattlesnake wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:Crikey - and I thought us Aussies were bad with our stories from the "southern state" - well, territory!
Hey - it's Sierra, jeez, I didn't expect to see you on this thread again. :oops:

What sound did your foot make when it came out of your mouth. I thought it was stuck there for good :D

Now - reading that, is there anyone out there who interpreted that as anything other than a bait. It's so blindingly obvious, why would I bother denying it when SMS mentioned it.

If you think there is something wrong with me and my attitude, what do you think of the other posters on here who aren't honest with themselves, let alone others. At least I put my hand up and admitted the obvious, from what I have seen, no one else here ever admits they were wrong or anything ... ever. And you think I am insulting and patching up in the same sentence - does everyone here take everything so literal? Ask Sierra if he thought it was a patch up or a piss take? Then again he is probably too busy basking in the glory of his post count to even care.

Oh wait....... are you baiting me?
Last edited by rattlesnake on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:27 pm

No, just calling it like I see it. You obviously like a good imbroglio, have at it. But that passive-aggresive stuff is not very flattering....

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:34 pm

road.not.taken wrote:No, just calling it like I see it. You obviously like a good imbroglio, have at it. But that passive-aggresive stuff is not very flattering....
I am sorry, your first sentence reads like broken english. But if you come on here to be flattered, you must be in the wrong place. Try the night zoo.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 6:58 pm

'See' is a verb. 'It' is a pronoun. This makes 'see it' a complete and perfect sentence.

With over 3000 posts, my guess is that I know this forum better than you. And, since I was referring to you not being flattered, I guess your post gets a solid zero out of three by our panel of judges.

What now?

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:40 pm

road.not.taken wrote:'See' is a verb. 'It' is a pronoun. This makes 'see it' a complete and perfect sentence.

With over 3000 posts, my guess is that I know this forum better than you. And, since I was referring to you not being flattered, I guess your post gets a solid zero out of three by our panel of judges.

What now?
Sorry - my mistake, I was referring to your second sentence - the one with the fancy word I had to look up. Ooops again, me admitting something - how many times did you say you've seen that on the forum, in your 3000 posts?

Just have another slow read of your previous post - "But that passive-aggressive stuff is not very flattering..." I can only assume you are talking about my passive-aggressive stuff. So assuming I am being the one "passive-aggressive" it is others who are either flattered or not flattered by it. You seem to be so intent on getting a response on the board, you're not reading what you are typing. I can almost hear you pounding the keys (as you grind you teeth). Really though, who cares.

Seriously, why are you even in this thread. I mean it had nothing to do with you, you have a crack at another poster about being a bully which you patch up and set your sights on me for being passive-aggressive. I mean, seriously, why bother - you knew I was going to shoot back. You are either eternally bored or you have taken on some self appointed role as defender of the trodden. Are you a victim of something in your past that you want to share with us? Is that why you retreat to the keyboard and count your posts?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:48 pm

rattlesnake wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:'See' is a verb. 'It' is a pronoun. This makes 'see it' a complete and perfect sentence.

What now?
Sorry - my mistake, I was referring to your second sentence - the one with the fancy word I had to look up. Ooops again, me admitting something - how many times did you say you've seen that on the forum, in your 3000 posts?

Just have another slow read of your previous post - "But that passive-aggressive stuff is not very flattering..." I can only assume you are talking about my passive-aggressive stuff. So assuming I am being the one "passive-aggressive" it is others who are either flattered or not flattered by it. You seem to be so intent on getting a response on the board, you're not reading what you are typing. I can almost hear you pounding the keys (as you grind you teeth). Really though, who cares.

Seriously, why are you even in this thread. I mean it had nothing to do with you, you have a crack at another poster about being a bully which you patch up and set your sights on me for being passive-aggressive. I mean, seriously, why bother - you knew I was going to shoot back. You are either eternally bored or you have taken on some self appointed role as defender of the trodden. Are you a victim of something in your past that you want to share with us? Is that why you retreat to the keyboard and count your posts?
Just plain old boring.

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 7:59 pm

road.not.taken wrote:
rattlesnake wrote:

What now?

Just plain old boring.
Given the choice, I would have gone for that one too. Can't you do a jigsaw, take a walk, watch a movie........boggle anyone?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:30 pm

You can move on now, I'm all done here.

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Post by rattlesnake » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 8:41 pm

road.not.taken wrote:You can move on now, I'm all done here.
Another one bites the dust. :shock:

Like I said - why did you even bother.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:00 pm

ALL Y'ALL will be shortly looking at this thread wondering how in the world you could have been so petty. I've seen everyone one of you make intelligent, worthy posts... and I wonder how it is you have become involved in such attacks.

Reminds me of a drunken bar room brawl... everyone wants to fight... most too drunk to land a decent punch.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:21 pm

Yet you haven't tried to moderate it, SE.

Happy for you to slag me off anytime (as you like to do) but what's the point of your posting? You make a point of saying "...you..." but you do not refer to anyone. In terms of "...intelligent, worthy posts..." Well, let's just have a look at that, shall we?

Seriously, if you don't have the tenacity to moderate professionally, like I do on three other forums, then good for you. I've tried on a number of occasions to help you out with your mobile phone questions, PC issues, and a number of other requests you have made. You also have helped me out with some questions.

You're a moderator here.

Protect yourself seems to be your realm here, Strong Eagle.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 Jun 2009 9:52 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Yet you haven't tried to moderate it, SE.

Happy for you to slag me off anytime (as you like to do) but what's the point of your posting? You make a point of saying "...you..." but you do not refer to anyone. In terms of "...intelligent, worthy posts..." Well, let's just have a look at that, shall we?

Seriously, if you don't have the tenacity to moderate professionally, like I do on three other forums, then good for you. I've tried on a number of occasions to help you out with your mobile phone questions, PC issues, and a number of other requests you have made. You also have helped me out with some questions.

You're a moderator here.

Protect yourself seems to be your realm here, Strong Eagle.
Mr. P - My 'job' here is not to judge the quality of posts, merely to remove those that advertise, or contain serious racial, ethnic or other slurs (yes, a moderator judgment).

But I sure has hell don't understand what you think you mean by the phrase 'moderate professionally'. My job is not to 'guide' or censor or moderate any conversation at all on this board... it gets to go where it will... and I get to reply as I see fit.

And frankly Mr P, I have to ask a question. You write some great posts, great advice, good insight.. and then lately, (did I get that comma right), you are irrational and insulting to many... a surprise to that same many. I hope you're not hitting the sauce in a way that has you waking in the morning questioning what you wrote.

Peace and blessings.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 7:03 am

I hope you're not hitting the sauce in a way that has you waking in the morning questioning what you wrote.
Nice way to diffuse and lead the thread back on track, accusations don't help.

This isn't the first time a thread has gone to the gutter and likely won't be the last. You've been involved in some of these as well.

I'm not a moderator, too many other activities to do so, but I'm a regular on some other boards the last 30 years. It's pretty common for moderators to have a couple different sign ons, I used to think it was tacky, but now I see the logic behind it. One sign on is strictly for moderator use and the mod stays out of the fracas, diffuses threads that sink into personal attacks and returns them on track or clips them off. The other sign on allows the mod to have more expressive freedom and join in the discussions. (Of course it won't work if both sign ons don't support the best interests of the board.)

I don't think a moderators job is necessarily limited to:
My 'job' here is not to judge the quality of posts, merely to remove those that advertise, or contain serious racial, ethnic or other slurs
I'll reference the thread SMS intervened on regarding a newbie wanting a recommendation on a freight forwarding company. SMS stepped in when the thread got to an impasse and started getting personal, and he did it with out further inflaming anyone. Clipped the original thread where it went personal and allowed it to continue, sans negative comments.

Like I said to RNT, I spent over a year on here, helping where I could and getting a few answers but as I saw the flaming and critical replies from several people, including moderators, go unchecked I adapted as I agree with Sierra, we're left to look out for ourselves.

I'd prefer to return to being able to ignore a few off remarks for the sake of harmony. But as long as the current trend continues I'm going to reply in kind.

I don't mean this as a personal indictment to you or anyone else, it's a vent and a suggestion.
Pakjohn

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 7:22 am

Road Not Taken

Preface; this is a actual question, no prod or poke. I'm actually curious.

Your post count shows 844, in my mind it was much higher than that. You said:
With over 3000 posts, my guess is that I know this forum better than...
You post all the time, I know you have a high post count and I wasnt' surprised when you said 3000, but I was when I compared it to the number below your avatar. Which number is correct?
Pakjohn

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2009 9:23 am

Both. I'll let her explain. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Return to “General Discussions”