Singapore Expats

New Brit (almost) in town!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
aligillies

Post by aligillies » Fri, 01 May 2009 1:05 pm

Highlander, 8pm??

Alisdair

Komakino

Post by Komakino » Fri, 01 May 2009 5:04 pm

Alisdair and I are meeting at 8pm Highlander.

Please fell free to come and join us.

Liam

nhrk

Post by nhrk » Fri, 01 May 2009 8:29 pm

It's so unfair. I'm working on Friday... today. URGH.
you'll never walk alone, baby.

acidredz

Post by acidredz » Mon, 11 May 2009 3:47 pm

anybody workin in raffles place.. wanna meet up for drinks clark quay on friday night?

MobinSing

Post by MobinSing » Tue, 12 May 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Flinty,

Just to let you know that we went to Summersonic in Tokyo last year – it’s a fantastic festival. Very well organised and a huge, really broad selection of bands. My wife got to see Coldplay and I got to see the Sex Pistols – taking me back to college days in London – which shows my age :)

Most frustrating aspect is sometimes having to choose between two bands who are playing on separate stages at the same time.

The only problem we had was buying tickets – a difficult process outside of Japan. Finally a friend of a friend in Tokyo bought them for us. I’m looking forward to seeing the confirmed line up for 2009 before we decide if we’ll go again - at the moment it's looking very good.

Highly recommended - and welcome to Singapore!

flinty

Post by flinty » Wed, 13 May 2009 12:20 am

Wow, I didn't expect any responses - great to see so many people in the same boat as me, guys & girls, phew!

This is my first week in Singapore, so if anyone if up for a few drinks one evening, let me know - but looks like you guys have already met up, hope you had a good one!?

I need to make a few more posts before I can pm, so bare with me...

Thanks for the tip Mobinsing, good to hear that last years festival wasn't a let down! The line up this year looks great, but I think I'll also wait and see!

Tarja

Post by Tarja » Wed, 13 May 2009 10:36 am

Hi guys,

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been here a month, been busy looking for work and accommodation, and now I need to get a life! I'm an easy-going Finn in my mid-20's, so a girly (or not) dinner/drinks would be great. I'm finding it difficult to find people my age to hang out with.

So Flinty, anyone else, up for meeting up one night (or lunch time) this week? I haven't started working yet so I can also meet during the day.

Cheers,
Tarja

Irish

Post by Irish » Wed, 13 May 2009 1:36 pm

Hey there newbies!!

We are a group of "new to singapore" people in our 20's from all walks of life and from all over the place (Ireland, UK, OZ, US, etc...) and we meet up for cheap tiger beer and satay every Wednesday night at Lau Pa Sat hawker centre. Afterwards we generally head of to wherever the night (or the best drinks deal takes us!). And don't worry we have both drinkers and non-drinkers so all are welcome.

Details for tonight and every Wednesday are as follows:

Meet at 7.00pm at Raffles Place MRT Passenger Services desk (by the turnstiles) and walk over to Lau Pa Sat. If you can't make it as early as 7, we will be at the satay stalls at Lau Pa Sat from 7.30 til about 9 usually so just look for a big group of expats and its most likely us.

PS, a few of us also go out most weekends, so if your up for some good party sessions, your more than welcome to tag along!

My email is [email protected], send me your info and I will get Sally, our organiser extraordinaire to put you on the weekly email list!!

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Post by xiaodanxd » Thu, 14 May 2009 12:19 pm

Hi I'm Dan from Singapore. Please add me on the list for future activities.

Regards,
Dan

acidredz

Post by acidredz » Tue, 19 May 2009 7:19 pm

hi.. are you all still meetin up for tmr wed night?

Tammy138
Regular
Regular

Post by Tammy138 » Fri, 22 May 2009 4:05 am

Hi...I am from London and will bein SG mid June. Would love to join you guys if you have any gatherings. I haven't been to SG before so seeing faces from the UK would be nice

Tammy

londongirl9

Post by londongirl9 » Sat, 23 May 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Im jacqui 20 yrs old and have just moved here from london 3 weeks ago...do you have a group that meet up every week or month or just whoever is free?x

pat_am

Post by pat_am » Tue, 26 May 2009 5:20 pm

hi rosie, I hope you must be doing fine by now and made a lot of freinds in singapore. So you can add more myself. Would you like to go for movie/tea/dinner ot would like to have a nice chat? By the way what are your interests Do reply me on [email protected]

JJUKSG

Hi

Post by JJUKSG » Wed, 27 May 2009 1:24 pm

hi, I lived in Newcastle for couple of years and currently working in singapore. drop me a mail if you guys have some movie or drinks thingy. :wink:
[email protected]

Komakino

Post by Komakino » Thu, 28 May 2009 8:13 pm

Hi All,

There are a few of us now (Originated from Alistdair and I going out) who have gathered some momentum, friends of friends etc.

We are out tomorrow evening if anybodys interested. Smallish group, all in our 20's from UK.

Liam