Singapore Expats

Singapore Expat Ladies Who Lunch

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
LoriW
Regular
Regular

Post by LoriW » Mon, 11 May 2009 12:54 am

Oooh can I join too please! I'm a bit older too - 45 but young minded.

I'm moving out in July - spending a couple of weeks in singapore 17th to 31st may as well.

I'm up for any evening gatherings since I'll be working full time. I'm leaving my partner in the UK though, so would love to meet people I don't work with and am not related to!

I'm British born to Singaporean parents so I do actually know Singapore very well having visited regularly since I was 6!

Feel a bit apprehensive now since the move is drawing closer and becoming real! Singapore has always been somewhere I've spent a couple of weeks running around visiting relatives. However, I think I'm going to be "neither fish nor fowl" since I think that my English upbringing isn't really the best preparation for living as a Singaporean!!

eileen18

Post by eileen18 » Mon, 11 May 2009 3:20 am

I'd like to join as well! 26, just arrived in Singapore and fiance is working, would like to catch up with you ladies! Please add me to mailing list, my email is [email protected]

Hope to see you all soon!!

nicjim

Post by nicjim » Mon, 11 May 2009 3:30 am

LoriW it sounds like you are just the person to get to know as you already have a head start!!

My partner has been working in Singapore for a few months and is desperate for us to join him.

Good luck with your job and im sure you will be fine despite the English upbringing!!

From what ive seen of Singapore it wont take long for us to meet some new people.

Catch you in July,
Nicola

skaria

Lunch buddies!

Post by skaria » Tue, 12 May 2009 3:41 pm

Hi

I moved to Singapore last week and am keen to join the next one please.

Shilpa

Tarja

Post by Tarja » Wed, 13 May 2009 10:16 am

Hi there,

I am an easy-going and friendly Finnish female in my mid-20's, a fresh graduate about to start working in Singapore. I've been around a month or so, looking for work and accommodation but I've been struggling to find ladies of my age to hang out with!

Would love to meet up for lunch one day this week or for a drink/dinner in the evening. Anyone interested? It would be nice to meet up with ladies in a similar situation, as I won't be available for lunches once I start working :(

Cheers,
Tarja :)
Last edited by Tarja on Wed, 13 May 2009 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kabs

Post by kabs » Wed, 13 May 2009 11:03 am

Hello,

I have been in Singapore for a few months. I am not currently working but am 'actively' looking for employment. I am game for most things.

- Archana
[email protected]

LoriW
Regular
Regular

Post by LoriW » Wed, 13 May 2009 4:02 pm

Ladies, I'm just wondering if anyone wants to meet for afternoon tea/drinkies sometime next week provided I can get rid of my partner for a couple of hours?

I'm only on holiday for a couple of weeks before moving out there at the beginning of July. Just think it might be fun to see who's out there that I'm not related to or working with!

The 2nd week of my "holiday" could well be a bit more manic since I do need to go into work to see HR and my future colleagues - although we are treating ourselves to a hotel stay - away from family for the last 4 days or so!!

skaria

Expat ladies who lunch

Post by skaria » Fri, 15 May 2009 5:31 pm

Hi

Sorry, I can't PM you as new to this site...

My email is [email protected]

Look forward to receiving details on the next lunch session.

Thanks
Shilpa

sureshciti

Post by sureshciti » Wed, 20 May 2009 4:19 pm

hi flinty, You back in Singapore now ? looking forward to see you shortly, any one intersted in meeting South Asian in Singapore who is in late 20's feel free to keep in touch +6582294953 e-mail me " [email protected]" we can take it from there.
"You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world"

cattidudette

Post by cattidudette » Fri, 22 May 2009 4:03 pm

Can a local girl join? Where do you guys normally have lunch?

edieyates

New Moms

Post by edieyates » Tue, 26 May 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,

I noticed many of the expat ladies have young children. I'm expecting my first child in July. I've been in Singapore nearly two years, but would love to meet other Moms as I've heard all of my interests will change with his arrival.

I'm also free for lunch as I work from home on my own time.

Edie

chocolategal

Post by chocolategal » Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:22 pm

I am a local gal too. Can i join in? have problem finding lunch partners sometimes when my colleagues are not in the office.

joliefemme536

Post by joliefemme536 » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 5:19 am

Hi Ladies

I would love to be apart of this! I'm going to need some friends other than my boyfriend. I am a 28 yr old Blk-American and will be moving to Singapore in July from the US. I don't have a Singapore mobile number just yet so here's my email.

- Jennifer

[email protected]

pooky77

Post by pooky77 » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:08 am

Hi would love to join next session (am 31 yo Australian). Please PM me details if you are still meeting up.

Cheers

Singa-girl

Post by Singa-girl » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:26 am

Hi everyone,

I am 25 from Scandinavia and I have lived here since October. Would love to meet up with you ladies. When are you planning to meet up next time?