Singapore Expats

feed back and advise for kiddos

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
xiiaoamber

feed back and advise for kiddos

Post by xiiaoamber » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:15 pm

hello people. me and my friend. we are 15 and 14 respectivly.

well. lately we've been for an interview at Create Talents. A modelling agency. we were researching more on this agency to see if it is realiable.

well, aft this interview. this lady Sharon told us we had to pay up $570 for a portfolio each. She also wants our parents to go down to '' consent'' for us. Well, the parent meeting part is kinda understandable but why must we pay $570 if they wanna hire us?

we saw on a thread about this agency too. Some one said that we shouldnt be paying and all. the thread is quite dead so we decided to make a new one..

please help feedback or advise us as we dont really know much about the '' working world'' :)

or if you know any better agencies or part time jobs for us please feel free to tell us too ^^

thanks alot !!!
LOOKING FOR JOB :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:26 pm

Any 'agency' that is trying to stick you for $570 is not a real agency, it is a scheme to take your money to produce a bunch of picture, nothing else.

Agencies who actually think you have talent will take the photo shoot in order to sell you to the client.

Save your money. If an agency really wants you, they will pay you, not the other way around.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:28 pm

And that's a fact.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:36 pm

hello people. me and my friend. we are 15 and 14 respectivly.
Do 14 and 15 year olds talk like that?

Sounds like someone has a beef with Creative and is trying to share it.
Pakjohn

casting

Run for your life!

Post by casting » Sat, 09 May 2009 3:10 pm

Hello ladies,

If the agency you are intending to sign up with requires you to take some shots and do some photos so that they can send it out to the casting directors, you need to have a look at their portfolio to see if what they churn out is good.

Take note that in the newspapers , very so often there will be write ups of companies that tell you you are pretty and can do some modelling, only to rip you off by getting you to take courses and photos...so yes you do have to be careful. Think you shld get your parents down to have a talk with them.

You can have a look at www.AADB.com.sg for a list of reputable modelling agencies.

If they need you to do modelling courses and you do want to persue things in this direction, then do consider if the investment is worth it. Many pple think they can automatically model ...cos it's just posing for picstures and walking up and down the catwalk right...NOT...watch American Top Models and you will find that it's not as easy as you think.

If you need the training, then you need the training.

Would you go to someone who is not trained to be a doctor when you are sick?

Would a modelling agency hire you when you have no training?

I cant say that $570 is not alot of money, but I know of pple who make $1,000 for 8 hrs work on a commercial..and they are just ordinary folks, not 6ft tall models.

best advise is to see if you are doing this for fun..and if you are willing to spend $570 on it...and get your parents in on this. :)

good luck!